Volume icon disappears

Every so often the Volume icon disappears from my task bar. I check the
settings in the Sound control panel and the check is present to show the
icon in the task bar. To get it back, I have to remove the check and
close, and then go back a check it again.

Any solution?
Stan
3 answers Last reply
More about volume icon disappears

    Stan,
    Look here under "Volume" and see if this helps you:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_v.htm

    Milt

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 19:00:37 GMT, Stan wrote:

    > Every so often the Volume icon disappears from my task bar. I check the
    > settings in the Sound control panel and the check is present to show the
    > icon in the task bar. To get it back, I have to remove the check and
    > close, and then go back a check it again.
    >
    > Any solution?
    > Stan

    The notification/tray area will occasionally drop icons. Various reasons: a
    restart of the shell (happens after some error conditions) or a problem
    with the initial loading of the icon. Many tips/tweaks are available but
    none that are a permanent fix. Have found the simplest solution is to log
    off/log on or restart.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    have you got the "hide inactive icons" option for the volume control icon
    set to "hide when inactive" rather than "always show"? (right click
    taskbar/start button and go to the task bar properties - last option at the
    bottom of that dialogue box.

    "Stan" <spierce@hvc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Every so often the Volume icon disappears from my task bar. I check the
    > settings in the Sound control panel and the check is present to show the
    > icon in the task bar. To get it back, I have to remove the check and
    > close, and then go back a check it again.
    >
    > Any solution?
    > Stan

Control Panel Microsoft Windows XP