How I can recover my formatted data from my drive, if its encrypted us

I have drive on my hard disc (f:) contains my important data, and I encrypted it using bitlocker program which comes with windows 7 , accidently the drive had been formatted and the drive was locked (data is encrypted), I tried to recover the data using some recovery software but it's not Working because the data is encrypted and the SW can't see the data , please any one can help or advise to solve that disaster , I lose very much important data and I don’t have backup .

Note: I have the password and the recovery key that decrypt the drive but I don't know how to use it because the drive after format back to its normal condition (bitlocker set off)

Abed Alkareem A. Alnatsheh
3 answers Last reply
More about recover formatted data drive encrypted
  1. That doesn't make sense to me. If the drive was formatted then it's empty, there shouldn't be anything on it (the hard drive/partition) any more.
  2. Dear Mr. JerRevo

yes the partition is empty , but still exist, in other way the partion was encrypted with bitlocker software in win 7 and it was contains data , then i pressed right click on the drive F and choose format then the data was erased but the partition still there but it is empty and the drive back to its original condition (before i encrypted it in the first time )
  3. Dear Ryan456

thank you for concern

I am agree with you that i can recover the lost data using recovery software , but the core of my problem is when the Data formatted the drive was encrypted
    so i used many recovery software but i got no results because the data is encrypted and the software cant locate it , I must decrypt the drive first then i should try recover the data , the problem is i didn't find any way or method to decrypt my drive , i tryed bitlooker toolkit win7 but no have no results.
Ask a new question

Read More

Security Data Recovery Bitlocker Windows 7