penguin_dave

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2005
Literally ... is this normal?

Could it just be burning off some dust or grease? Running in? or is it a sure sign that it's faulty?

Well, it smoked when I first plugged it in - little white whisps. So I unplugged it straight away left it for a bit and tried again,it smoked a bit, but not as much as before. 3rd time - no smoke and seems quite happy on its own now (draws a steady 10-11W). When I connect it to the motherboard it draws ~15W, the motherboard power led comes on but nothing else responds - no fans, no picture etc..

The old PSU died, slowly, but I suspect it may have taken the motherboard down with it so I can't tell at the moment whether the problem is with the new PSU or the motherboard.

erocker

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2006
No kidding!!! Get that out of your system now. You are lucky if anything else isn't screwed now! You are %$@!%! NOW!!!

penguin_dave

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2005
Hay thanks just nosie :p
No hassle.
I had heard Antec had a good rep.. Looking it over a bit more carefully I now notice a little dent in one side, so maybe it got dropped somewhere between them and me? (Doesn't excuse the original one though!)