Speaker makes Popping sounds

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
hi i was hoping somone here could help with a problem i have.

I had some 5.1 logitech speakers for some time now, and ever since i installed them they have been making a loud pop noise every so often at random.

This pop occures when the PC is off and speakers are on.

Once the speaker pops all the usb devices reset, and for some reason my telly flickers and somtimes even the light flickers.

the loudness of the pop can also vary.

NOw when i installed the speakers we had to replace th plag with a old one we had as there was no other way to connect the speaker to the plug.

NOw im thinking is this problem to do with speakers, or a greater problem as it afftects more then one electroni device.

also could it be caused by the old plug, or the speakers being to close to each other.

Ill also add the only electical problems like tv flickering ect only occure when the speakers pop.

thanks

cwilliams255

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2007
are they logitech z5500 speakers??? If so this is a known fault. They are very sensitive to line power noise which basically means switch things on in the house and you'll hear a pop. Mine had this fault. I contacted logitech as they were under warranty and got them replaced. No more popping. It is more than likely this fault if these are your speakers

StevieD

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2004
My old JBL PRO's have the same problem.

Power line noise is a very good possibility.

The cord plug could be aggravating the problem, but I suspect not.

Since the Telly is flickering, I suspect RF noise. Installing a powerstrip with noise filter will solve your problems. Belkin makes reasonably priced powerstrips with 55db of noise filtering.... 4 outlet powerstrip for about $30 that will solve your problem.

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
hi,

nar there not z5500 speakers. There previous versions of the logitech range not exactly sure which ones they are though.

Do online shops sell this powerline strips? (ne links lol)

Also i dont understand how these speakers can affect pther electronic applications in the house.

It also disrupts all my USB divices which means if im watchin TV through the usb frewview thin, or uploading music to ipod it cuts the connection of them which is very annoying lol.

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
i just dont get why it affects my USB devices, as soon as it pops all the usb devices disconect and then reconnect. if i leave speaker off it doesnt do it .