Anyone have a Mitsubishi WS-73513

Last response: in Home Theatre
December 5, 2004 10:12:03 PM

I've got an opportunity to pick one of these up for under $3K. Does
anyone have real world experience with this model that they are willing
to share?

I've been able to watch Dish SD (Food Channel (sharpness cranked up to
11) and DVD playback (quite good, actually). They don't have any HD
sources so I haven't been able to judge the quality of the HD picture.

I suppose I could rely on the 30 day satisfaction guaranty, but I'd like
to hear from any owners of this set before I spring for it.

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

More about : mitsubishi 73513

Anonymous
December 6, 2004 12:16:53 AM

I have the 73713 and I love it. HD OTA, especially NFL football and dvd's
on a progressive scan player are awesome. The SD channels on my directv are
ok in general, some are actually quite good while others are nothing to crow
about. My only real beef is that the set suffers during the day if we do
not have our blinds drawn as we get quite abit of reflection from the
protective screen.

A true theatre experience as the screen is huge. A real beast to move as I
had to put mine upstairs. It is great that you can disassemble the set and
break it down into two parts for movement.
"Matthew L. Martin" <nothere@notnow.never> wrote in message
> I've got an opportunity to pick one of these up for under $3K. Does anyone
> have real world experience with this model that they are willing to share?
>
> I've been able to watch Dish SD (Food Channel (sharpness cranked up to 11)
> and DVD playback (quite good, actually). They don't have any HD sources so
> I haven't been able to judge the quality of the HD picture.
>
> I suppose I could rely on the 30 day satisfaction guaranty, but I'd like
> to hear from any owners of this set before I spring for it.
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> Thermodynamics and/or Golf for dummies: There is a game
> You can't win
> You can't break even
> You can't get out of the game
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 3:18:26 PM

Mark Blomeke wrote:
> I have the 73713 and I love it. HD OTA, especially NFL football and dvd's
> on a progressive scan player are awesome. The SD channels on my directv are
> ok in general, some are actually quite good while others are nothing to crow
> about. My only real beef is that the set suffers during the day if we do
> not have our blinds drawn as we get quite abit of reflection from the
> protective screen.

IIRC, the highly reflective protective screen can be removed. If you
don't have upright ankle biters with access to crayons, you might want
to take it out.

Matthew
!