XP Fax Console

Hello
Can some one advise please.
Does XP Fax Console work with broadband using a USB external modem as it
does not detect my modem
If will work: how does one configure it.
Many Thanks
Terryr
3 answers Last reply
More about console

    You will need to hook a working phone line to your computer modem.
    You cannot send a fax with broadband, it will have to be sent via 56K.
    You do not have to have dial-up ISP to fax.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx

    --
    Good Day
    River Rat

    terryr wrote:
    > Hello
    > Can some one advise please.
    > Does XP Fax Console work with broadband using a USB external modem
    > as it does not detect my modem
    > If will work: how does one configure it.
    > Many Thanks
    > Terryr

    You could have answered this question yourself had you applied a modicum of
    common-sense (something that's evidently sorely lacking in these groups at
    the moment). You could have also answered the question yourself had you
    bothered to STFW.

    Common sense would have told you the answer because had you asked yourself
    the question "Do I dial a number to access the internet?" you'd have had
    your answer.

    STFW would have told you the answer because this question is asked - and
    answered - in the printing and faxing group every bloody day.

    Do your research and, if you cannot find your answer, then - and only then -
    do you post.

    I don't think so. You need a dial-up connection.

    "terryr" <terryr@discussions.microsoft.com.> escribió en el mensaje news:1B5F8C83-7AA4-4F5E-AD2F-9BB4B7078F9C@microsoft.com...
    > Hello
    > Can some one advise please.
    > Does XP Fax Console work with broadband using a USB external modem as it
    > does not detect my modem
    > If will work: how does one configure it.
    > Many Thanks
    > Terryr

Fax Consoles Windows XP