  • Microsoft
  • LPT1
  • Windows XP
May 2, 2005 4:10:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Win XP HE, SP1
Follow-up: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Hi,
I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.
Can I somehow re-route a command to print to LPT1 from the DOS program into
the USB port?
Or anything of the sort?
Tx,

More about : printing lpt1 dos

Anonymous
May 2, 2005 4:10:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:10:36 -0400, "saturnin02"
<saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
>I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.

http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&Vie...

enter

lpt1 usb

or search terms of your choice

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 4:10:37 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

See Bruce Sanderson's article at:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o 8ATAGzTFHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> Win XP HE, SP1
> Follow-up: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
> Hi,
> I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
> I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.
> Can I somehow re-route a command to print to LPT1 from the DOS program
> into
> the USB port?
> Or anything of the sort?
> Tx,

May 2, 2005 4:17:41 PM

http://www.decompile.com/dataflex/tips/usb_printer.htm

--
Peace!
Kurt

John Thomas Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:10:36 -0400, "saturnin02"
> <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
>> I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.
>
> http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&Vie...
>
> enter
>
> lpt1 usb
>
> or search terms of your choice
>

> John Thomas Smith
> http://www.direct2usales.com
> http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

Stick to your artificial ponds and pacifying wild cats!

Sending somebody to Microsoft Search is about as helpful as giving a
drowning man a glass of water!

--
Peace!
Kurt
Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
http://microscum.com/mscommunity
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 10:07:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

This looks good--I'll take a closer look at it and post back.
Tx,
kurttrail wrote:
> saturnin02 wrote:
>> Win XP HE, SP1
>> Follow-up: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
>> Hi,
>> I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
>> I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.
>> Can I somehow re-route a command to print to LPT1 from the DOS
>> program into the USB port?
>> Or anything of the sort?
>> Tx,
>
> http://www.decompile.com/dataflex/tips/usb_printer.htm
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 10:56:46 AM

On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:10:36 -0400, "saturnin02"
<saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Win XP HE, SP1
>I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
>I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.
>Can I somehow re-route a command to print to LPT1 from the DOS program into
>the USB port?

I use the shareware DOSPRN (www.dosprn.com) successfully with one such
program. YMMV. It is slow! It also allows cpature to a file,
similarly to the PRN2FILE of old.

George
!