printing to LPT1 from DOS

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Win XP HE, SP1
Follow-up: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Hi,
I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.
Can I somehow re-route a command to print to LPT1 from the DOS program into
the USB port?
Or anything of the sort?
Tx,
More about printing lpt1
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:10:36 -0400, "saturnin02"
    <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
    >I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
    >I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.

    http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us

    enter

    lpt1 usb

    or search terms of your choice

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    See Bruce Sanderson's article at:
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
    --
    Cari
    (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

    "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Win XP HE, SP1
    > Follow-up: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    > Hi,
    > I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
    > I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.
    > Can I somehow re-route a command to print to LPT1 from the DOS program
    > into
    > the USB port?
    > Or anything of the sort?
    > Tx,

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    http://www.decompile.com/dataflex/tips/usb_printer.htm

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt

    John Thomas Smith wrote:
    > On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:10:36 -0400, "saturnin02"
    > <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
    >> I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
    >> I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.
    >
    > http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us
    >
    > enter
    >
    > lpt1 usb
    >
    > or search terms of your choice
    >

    > John Thomas Smith
    > http://www.direct2usales.com
    > http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

    Stick to your artificial ponds and pacifying wild cats!

    Sending somebody to Microsoft Search is about as helpful as giving a
    drowning man a glass of water!

    --
    Peace!
    Kurt
    Self-anointed Moderator
    microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
    http://microscum.com/mscommunity
    "Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei"
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    This looks good--I'll take a closer look at it and post back.
    Tx,
    kurttrail wrote:
    > saturnin02 wrote:
    >> Win XP HE, SP1
    >> Follow-up: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    >> Hi,
    >> I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
    >> I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.
    >> Can I somehow re-route a command to print to LPT1 from the DOS
    >> program into the USB port?
    >> Or anything of the sort?
    >> Tx,
    >
    > http://www.decompile.com/dataflex/tips/usb_printer.htm

    On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:10:36 -0400, "saturnin02"
    <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Win XP HE, SP1
    >I have a DOS application that can only print to LPT1.
    >I use a notebook with a printer plugged in to USB port.
    >Can I somehow re-route a command to print to LPT1 from the DOS program into
    >the USB port?

    I use the shareware DOSPRN (www.dosprn.com) successfully with one such
    program. YMMV. It is slow! It also allows cpature to a file,
    similarly to the PRN2FILE of old.

    George

DOS Microsoft LPT1 Windows XP