Smeep

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2006
I've had this problem for a while now.

Basically, let's say you're browsing through your music folder. You want to just put the lot on and hit shuffle. Great! Not for me.

I go to the music folder, I click play all. It seems to do something (loading, slight slow down) and then nothing happens.

Now, the only way I can play an album is to go in to the music directory, in to the albume and highlight all the songs and then press play.

If I do it in the directories, it just does sod all - not even windows media player starts up.

I've googled and googled, but I can't seem to find anything.

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
I've had this problem for a while now.

Basically, let's say you're browsing through your music folder. You want to just put the lot on and hit shuffle. Great! Not for me.

I go to the music folder, I click play all. It seems to do something (loading, slight slow down) and then nothing happens.

Now, the only way I can play an album is to go in to the music directory, in to the albume and highlight all the songs and then press play.

If I do it in the directories, it just does sod all - not even windows media player starts up.

I've googled and googled, but I can't seem to find anything.

WMP :)

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Make sure the program your using has all the updates. Uninstall and reinstall the program. If you're using Windows Media Player, I'd get something else. A lot of people like Winamp. I'm using a program called Media Monkey and there is a free version.