Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Does anyone know of a free Vista x64 compatible AV program?

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 14, 2007 10:49:42 PM

Looking for a free, Vista 64-bit compatible Anti-Virus program. AVG has failed me :( 

I don't want a trial, I want something that is fully-functional at all times. I know 64-bit is secure, but things more important have been thought secure while they certainly weren't. ;) 

Thanks!

~Ibrahim~

Best solution

April 14, 2007 11:06:12 PM

try avast
Free antivirus - avast! 4 Home Edition

Quote:
avast! Home/Professional now fully supports the 64-bit Windows platform.

Quote:
Regular (32-bit) antivirus applications are unable to operate correctly on the 64-bit Windows platform because they rely on 32-bit kernel-mode drivers. The new avast! uses native 64-bit drivers, delivering the same level of protection as in the 32-bit Windows environments. The installation package is the same for 32-bit and 64-bit versions - the setup program automatically detects the operating system it is running on, and installs all necessary files.

Quote:
PLATFORMS
Windows 95
Windows 98
Windows Me
Windows NT 4 (No Server)
Windows 2000 (No Server)
Windows XP (No Server)
Windows Vista
April 14, 2007 11:56:50 PM

Hmm...Looks nice. I have one question, however. Does this 'registration' require money? I can't tell if it does or not...

Quote:
The whole process is very simple: you need to download the program from the avast! 4 Home Download page, selecting the appropriate language. Then you need to install it, which is a mostly an automatic process. Initially, if you don't register straight away, you'll install the trial version, which is fully functional for sixty days. During this period, you can register yourself on the avast! 4 Home Free Registration page, and you will receive your license key by E-mail within 24 hours. Insert this key into the avast! 4 Home product, and you will receive the non-restricted version of avast! 4 Home Edition, including access to the update service (the incremental update of the virus database), for one year. After this period you can reregister to obtain a new free license key.

~Ibrahim~
Score
Related resources
April 15, 2007 12:00:34 AM

Quote:
Welcome to the free registration of avast! Home Edition, the ultimate antivirus for home, non-commercial use. Both conditions should be met! For commercial environments, please use another product - avast! Professional Edition.

avast! 4 Home Edition works for 60 days after the installation in demo mode. You will obtain your FREE license key by E-mail after the registration. The license key is valid for 1 year. After one year you will need to just re-register.

home edition is free, but you'll have to register to get the free license.
Score
April 15, 2007 12:02:11 AM

Quote:
Welcome to the free registration of avast! Home Edition, the ultimate antivirus for home, non-commercial use. Both conditions should be met! For commercial environments, please use another product - avast! Professional Edition.

avast! 4 Home Edition works for 60 days after the installation in demo mode. You will obtain your FREE license key by E-mail after the registration. The license key is valid for 1 year. After one year you will need to just re-register.

home edition is free, but you'll have to register to get the free license.

Awesome. Thanks for the info, mate!

~Ibrahim~
Score
April 15, 2007 12:03:05 AM

no problem, glad to help
Score
April 15, 2007 12:05:14 AM

just register for free license and then d/l program (both reg link and d/l link are on the website that i gave you in the earlier post)
Score
!