spondi_killer

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Right now I am having big problems with my PC. I cannot load Windows or boot in safe mode because I get this error message: MSVPC60.dll is missing, etc... .After that, the PC just hangs to a black screen.

- I cannot repair Windows XP using traditional methods found on Google, such as booting with the Windows CD and going into setup and then repairing ( not using recovery console). Second, I have already tried one method in the recovery console : http://www.short-media.com/articles/repair_windows_xp

This method has eliminated a few errors ( Im now down to only MSVPC60 ) but it is enough to prevent me from doing anything.

I need some serious help quickly people. Is there something else that I can do?

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
enter the recovery console, When in there, type:

copy X:\i386\msvpc60.dll C:\Windows\System32

X = the drive letter of your cd-drive that the xp cd is in.
C = the drive letter of your hard drive that your copy of windows is installed

spondi_killer

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Argh, the system cannot find the file specified.
Any typos or anything? I know the dll is MSVCP60.dll instead of PC. Any other way?

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
download it put it in a floppy and then repeat the comment this time instead of:

copy X:\i386\msvcp60.dll C:\Windows\System32

do

copy X:\msvcp60.dll C:\Windows\System32

X = the floppy drive letter

make sure you have the word copy in the command

ash_spain

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008
Hi there,
Ive just encountered the exact same problem after uninstalling a driver for my ASUS graphics card, and are now unable to reboot due to that file being missing.

Ive tried doing a repair uninstall, which didnt work, and now have tried the recovery procedure that you have mentioned, but it generally comes up with: file not found etc

any other clues?