Sign in with
Your question

AntiAliasing (MSAA,CSAA,TAA,AAA,...)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 2, 2007 10:25:00 AM

Hi Everybody.
Here is a web site that explains all types of available AntiAliasing Modes up to GeForce8Series Graphics cards with some Images & Benchmarks.
So, for all of those who doesn't know the difference between AA Modes & Transparency AntiAliasing(Adaptive AntiAliasing for ATI), i highly recommend to take a look at the above web site.
should make it sticky i believe. 8)
Hope you like it! :wink:
May 2, 2007 1:03:00 PM

Not interested, huh? :( 
May 2, 2007 2:29:05 PM

Well, this may shock u.. but i already know what they mean.

Ill read it nevertheless.. cant know too much about graphics cards!

Related resources
May 2, 2007 5:13:11 PM

Hey Man.
I know that lots of people in this Forumz know about different level of AA.
I just want to show the New/Noob guys about the difference between TSAA/MSAA/AAA/SSAA/...
i though that there are some people that may need some information... :( 
So, sorry for using some space! :cry: 
May 2, 2007 5:27:06 PM

No worries... I'm sure he does know the differences now after reading your link. You'd be suprised at how much he doesn't know. :wink:
May 2, 2007 5:41:49 PM

That article seemed a bit heavy on technical jargon IMO. The question I think most want to know is what works best..for the highest image quality? What benefit does each give..etc.
May 2, 2007 5:41:56 PM

Thanks Koatoa :D 
May 2, 2007 5:45:02 PM

Quote:
he question I think most want to know is what works best..for the highest image quality?

Quote:
...In our opinion, 4x MSAA with TAA or AAA (For ATI Cards)should be used for a very good quality without an extreme performance cost...

you didn't read it all, did you?
May 2, 2007 5:48:11 PM

Quote:
he question I think most want to know is what works best..for the highest image quality?

Quote:
...In our opinion, 4x MSAA with TAA or AAA (For ATI Cards)should be used for a very good quality without an extreme performance cost...

you didn't read it all, did you?

No actually I did, but it doesn't discuss individual advantage. It says "without extreme performance cost", not period what works best.
May 2, 2007 5:58:31 PM

What kind of Advantage do you mean?
according to the site, more than 4xAA & you will lose some huge FPS & you won't notice exceptional image quality.this the advantage of the 4xAA over the other AA levels & if you combine it with Transparency AA you will have the best image quality with the minimum FPS loss.
How about something like this:
Quote:
When you use 16XQ AA over the 4xAA you will lose some FPS but your Case will begin to sing Iron Maiden & your graphic card will start making some Pizza and your CPU...& that's the advantage of using the 16XQAA!! :D 

Like it now? :roll:
May 2, 2007 6:15:41 PM

Quote:
Hi Everybody.
Here is a web site that explains all types of available AntiAliasing Modes up to GeForce8Series Graphics cards with some Images & Benchmarks.
So, for all of those who doesn't know the difference between AA Modes & Transparency AntiAliasing(Adaptive AntiAliasing for ATI), i highly recommend to take a look at the above web site.
should make it sticky i believe. 8)
Hope you like it! :wink:

Thanks for the research! :) 
May 2, 2007 6:28:11 PM

You are welcome friend. :D 
May 2, 2007 6:45:38 PM

Good informative post.
May 2, 2007 6:51:13 PM

Thanks My Friend! :D 
May 2, 2007 7:20:17 PM

good stuff if someone doesnt know much about them.

dont mind track...he has a tendency to b*tch about every other persons post.
May 2, 2007 8:27:37 PM

That was a great article. Very detailed, lengthy, and most importantly.... pictures!!
May 3, 2007 11:42:34 AM

Thanks m8 for your time and effort, interesting read. Whoever isn't interested shouldn't have accessed the thread in the first place, right? :) 
May 3, 2007 12:47:11 PM

Good find. Thanks. :) 
May 3, 2007 4:20:14 PM

WOW :D 
Thanks My Friends!
I was searching on the Internet about Command & Conquer 3's AntiAliasing :? & i found that article and it helped me so much because i always thought that Transparency AA (Multisampling & Supersampling & AdaptiveAA for ATI cards)wouldn't hurt FPS so much & i was wrong... :oops: 
So i found that article useful & i decided to post it here for all my friends. :D 
Happy AntiAliasing My Friends! :twisted:
May 3, 2007 7:42:09 PM

eh we like people who do their own research (and then give us the info), rather than just asking the questions and not looking themselves :p 
May 3, 2007 8:08:52 PM

Quote:
eh we like people who do their own research (and then give us the info), rather than just asking the questions and not looking themselves :p 

That reminds me of a thread "track" started once; claiming something without providing links. When someone asked for a link to the article he was referring to, he told them to stop being lazy and find it themselves. :roll: :lol: 
December 23, 2013 10:56:56 AM

Hey guys, i have radeon 7990 hd and which AA will suite for my PC for Assains creed black flag for extreme performance and also maintain of fps?
December 24, 2013 3:48:55 AM

Farhang said:
WOW :D 
Thanks My Friends!
I was searching on the Internet about Command & Conquer 3's AntiAliasing :? & i found that article and it helped me so much because i always thought that Transparency AA (Multisampling & Supersampling & AdaptiveAA for ATI cards)wouldn't hurt FPS so much & i was wrong... :oops: 
So i found that article useful & i decided to post it here for all my friends. :D 
Happy AntiAliasing My Friends! :twisted:

i have radeon 7990 hd and which AA will suite for my PC for Assains creed black flag for extreme performance and also maintain of fps?

!