AntiAliasing (MSAA,CSAA,TAA,AAA,...)

Hi Everybody.
Here is a web site that explains all types of available AntiAliasing Modes up to GeForce8Series Graphics cards with some Images & Benchmarks.
So, for all of those who doesn't know the difference between AA Modes & Transparency AntiAliasing(Adaptive AntiAliasing for ATI), i highly recommend to take a look at the above web site.
should make it sticky i believe. 8)
Hope you like it! :wink:
22 answers Last reply
More about antialiasing msaa csaa
  1. Not interested, huh? :(
  2. Well, this may shock u.. but i already know what they mean.

    Ill read it nevertheless.. cant know too much about graphics cards!

    Thanks :wink:
  3. Hey Man.
    I know that lots of people in this Forumz know about different level of AA.
    I just want to show the New/Noob guys about the difference between TSAA/MSAA/AAA/SSAA/...
    i though that there are some people that may need some information... :(
    So, sorry for using some space! :cry:
  4. No worries... I'm sure he does know the differences now after reading your link. You'd be suprised at how much he doesn't know. :wink:
  5. That article seemed a bit heavy on technical jargon IMO. The question I think most want to know is what works best..for the highest image quality? What benefit does each give..etc.
  6. Thanks Koatoa :D
  7. Quote:
    he question I think most want to know is what works best..for the highest image quality?

    Quote:
    ...In our opinion, 4x MSAA with TAA or AAA (For ATI Cards)should be used for a very good quality without an extreme performance cost...

    you didn't read it all, did you?
  8. Quote:
    he question I think most want to know is what works best..for the highest image quality?

    Quote:
    ...In our opinion, 4x MSAA with TAA or AAA (For ATI Cards)should be used for a very good quality without an extreme performance cost...

    you didn't read it all, did you?

    No actually I did, but it doesn't discuss individual advantage. It says "without extreme performance cost", not period what works best.
  9. What kind of Advantage do you mean?
    according to the site, more than 4xAA & you will lose some huge FPS & you won't notice exceptional image quality.this the advantage of the 4xAA over the other AA levels & if you combine it with Transparency AA you will have the best image quality with the minimum FPS loss.
    How about something like this:
    Quote:
    When you use 16XQ AA over the 4xAA you will lose some FPS but your Case will begin to sing Iron Maiden & your graphic card will start making some Pizza and your CPU...& that's the advantage of using the 16XQAA!! :D

    Like it now? :roll:
  10. Quote:
    Hi Everybody.
    Here is a web site that explains all types of available AntiAliasing Modes up to GeForce8Series Graphics cards with some Images & Benchmarks.
    So, for all of those who doesn't know the difference between AA Modes & Transparency AntiAliasing(Adaptive AntiAliasing for ATI), i highly recommend to take a look at the above web site.
    should make it sticky i believe. 8)
    Hope you like it! :wink:


    Thanks for the research! :)
  11. You are welcome friend. :D
  12. Good informative post.
  13. Thanks My Friend! :D
  14. good stuff if someone doesnt know much about them.

    dont mind track...he has a tendency to b*tch about every other persons post.
  15. That was a great article. Very detailed, lengthy, and most importantly.... pictures!!
  16. Thanks m8 for your time and effort, interesting read. Whoever isn't interested shouldn't have accessed the thread in the first place, right? :)
  17. Good find. Thanks. :)
  18. WOW :D
    Thanks My Friends!
    I was searching on the Internet about Command & Conquer 3's AntiAliasing :? & i found that article and it helped me so much because i always thought that Transparency AA (Multisampling & Supersampling & AdaptiveAA for ATI cards)wouldn't hurt FPS so much & i was wrong... :oops:
    So i found that article useful & i decided to post it here for all my friends. :D
    Happy AntiAliasing My Friends! :twisted:
  19. eh we like people who do their own research (and then give us the info), rather than just asking the questions and not looking themselves :P
  20. Quote:
    eh we like people who do their own research (and then give us the info), rather than just asking the questions and not looking themselves :P


    That reminds me of a thread "track" started once; claiming something without providing links. When someone asked for a link to the article he was referring to, he told them to stop being lazy and find it themselves. :roll: :lol:
  21. Hey guys, i have radeon 7990 hd and which AA will suite for my PC for Assains creed black flag for extreme performance and also maintain of fps?
  22. Farhang said:
    WOW :D
    Thanks My Friends!
    I was searching on the Internet about Command & Conquer 3's AntiAliasing :? & i found that article and it helped me so much because i always thought that Transparency AA (Multisampling & Supersampling & AdaptiveAA for ATI cards)wouldn't hurt FPS so much & i was wrong... :oops:
    So i found that article useful & i decided to post it here for all my friends. :D
    Happy AntiAliasing My Friends! :twisted:


    i have radeon 7990 hd and which AA will suite for my PC for Assains creed black flag for extreme performance and also maintain of fps?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics