AntiAliasing (MSAA,CSAA,TAA,AAA,...)

Farhang

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
Hi Everybody.
Here is a web site that explains all types of available AntiAliasing Modes up to GeForce8Series Graphics cards with some Images & Benchmarks.
So, for all of those who doesn't know the difference between AA Modes & Transparency AntiAliasing(Adaptive AntiAliasing for ATI), i highly recommend to take a look at the above web site.
should make it sticky i believe. 8)
Hope you like it! :wink:

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Well, this may shock u.. but i already know what they mean.

Ill read it nevertheless.. cant know too much about graphics cards!

Farhang

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
Hey Man.
I know that lots of people in this Forumz know about different level of AA.
I just want to show the New/Noob guys about the difference between TSAA/MSAA/AAA/SSAA/...
i though that there are some people that may need some information... :(
So, sorry for using some space! :cry:

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
No worries... I'm sure he does know the differences now after reading your link. You'd be suprised at how much he doesn't know. :wink:

Badnatured

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
That article seemed a bit heavy on technical jargon IMO. The question I think most want to know is what works best..for the highest image quality? What benefit does each give..etc.

Badnatured

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2006
he question I think most want to know is what works best..for the highest image quality?
...In our opinion, 4x MSAA with TAA or AAA (For ATI Cards)should be used for a very good quality without an extreme performance cost...
you didn't read it all, did you?

No actually I did, but it doesn't discuss individual advantage. It says "without extreme performance cost", not period what works best.

Farhang

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
What kind of Advantage do you mean?
according to the site, more than 4xAA & you will lose some huge FPS & you won't notice exceptional image quality.this the advantage of the 4xAA over the other AA levels & if you combine it with Transparency AA you will have the best image quality with the minimum FPS loss.
How about something like this:
When you use 16XQ AA over the 4xAA you will lose some FPS but your Case will begin to sing Iron Maiden & your graphic card will start making some Pizza and your CPU...& that's the advantage of using the 16XQAA!! :D
Like it now? :roll:

glupee

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
Hi Everybody.
Here is a web site that explains all types of available AntiAliasing Modes up to GeForce8Series Graphics cards with some Images & Benchmarks.
So, for all of those who doesn't know the difference between AA Modes & Transparency AntiAliasing(Adaptive AntiAliasing for ATI), i highly recommend to take a look at the above web site.
should make it sticky i believe. 8)
Hope you like it! :wink:

Thanks for the research! :)

blade85

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
good stuff if someone doesnt know much about them.

dont mind track...he has a tendency to b*tch about every other persons post.

mannwhite

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Thanks m8 for your time and effort, interesting read. Whoever isn't interested shouldn't have accessed the thread in the first place, right? :)

Farhang

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
WOW :D
Thanks My Friends!
I was searching on the Internet about Command & Conquer 3's AntiAliasing :? & i found that article and it helped me so much because i always thought that Transparency AA (Multisampling & Supersampling & AdaptiveAA for ATI cards)wouldn't hurt FPS so much & i was wrong... :oops:
So i found that article useful & i decided to post it here for all my friends. :D
Happy AntiAliasing My Friends! :twisted:

blade85

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2006
eh we like people who do their own research (and then give us the info), rather than just asking the questions and not looking themselves :p

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
eh we like people who do their own research (and then give us the info), rather than just asking the questions and not looking themselves :p

That reminds me of a thread "track" started once; claiming something without providing links. When someone asked for a link to the article he was referring to, he told them to stop being lazy and find it themselves. :roll: :lol:

Innocent Gamer

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013

i have radeon 7990 hd and which AA will suite for my PC for Assains creed black flag for extreme performance and also maintain of fps?