3DMark scores coming for HD2900 CF

From our dear friend FUaD :
3Dmark06 scores 13100

We got close to two Radeon HD 2900 XT cards and we can confirm that the card scores 13100 on a Quad core QX6700 processor.

We are talking about 3Dmark06 and the default resolution scores. In Shader model 2.0 it scores 5056 while in HDR/SM3 it scores 6245. The CPU score is 3658.

The 3Dmark03 scores 45000 which is not that bad but two Geforce 8800 GTX in SLI can do more than 50.000.

Just in case you wanted to know how two of these work together. More soon.
Looks good so far, and its only going to get better. Heres some more from FUaD :
Episode 2, TF 2 and Portal all Valve

This morning we wrote that Radeon HD 2900XT will get Half Life 2 eposode two and you can read it here. That is great but things are even better as ATI plans to bundle two more games. Again we are talking about Team Fortress 2 stream game and the last and not the least is the old called Portal.

You will get the vouchers and we are not sure when will the games will be available but when they do you can play them for tree. All this for €399 for the card.

Save your breath till 14th but I am quite sure that episode 2 comes later than the 14th of May but we've been surprised before.

I agree, doesnt really paint a picture, but it does show the bigger picture, ball park figures, if you will. Beside, we all know that these cards arent comprably priced. And peronally, if they do the job, I like the features

No1sFanboy

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
3dmark has it's place. It's like the 1/4 mile time in a car.

That score puts it in line with the 8800gts in sli, maybe stronger in shader model 3.0.

I don't care much for 3DMark....

The thing about it that irks me is that they talk about comparative 3Dmk03 scores, but not '05 and '06.

As we've seen from all GF8 3Dmark scores the SM2.0 scores and lower end tests are easily handled by the scalar units, they have high SM2.0 results, but low SM3.0 and real world game results, which is why the GF8600 looks good in 3Dmk because it has that heavy weighting on older tests.

TRENDING THREADS