Importing Palm OS data to Outlook

July 28, 2005 1:47:20 AM

Hi all,

My new Dell Axim X50v has arrived. It's charged up. I'm preparing to
switch from my Handspring (with Palm Desktop Software Version 4.0.1) to
Microsoft Outlook.

Here's the problem: the only compatible file type I can find for the
address book (after running tests) is the vCard file, and then only
transferring one...by...one.... This will be very time consuming,
considering the size of my contacts list. Is there a way of importing
the address book as a whole?

To make matters worse, I don't see any compatible file type for the
calendar, which is huge and which I routinely use for reference on past
activities. Also, it would be really nice to transfer my memos and "to
do" items.

So, is there something I'm missing? Do I need third party software?
Surely I'm not the first to make the switch from Palm to PocketPC.

Susan Gawarecki
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 5:54:44 AM

I had the same problem and used PocketCopy available at
www.pocketgear.com I saw it on sale for $14.95 I paid $20.

You can do the one at at time thing and Palm talks about syncing with
Outlook and then with your pocket pc but it would not work for me.

In the end the $20 was worth it.

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 21:47:20 GMT, Susan Gawarecki <locREMOVE@icx.net>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>My new Dell Axim X50v has arrived. It's charged up. I'm preparing to
>switch from my Handspring (with Palm Desktop Software Version 4.0.1) to
>Microsoft Outlook.
>

>So, is there something I'm missing? Do I need third party software?
>Surely I'm not the first to make the switch from Palm to PocketPC.
>
>Susan Gawarecki

--------------------
Ralph Numbers
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 5:46:40 PM

"Susan Gawarecki" <locREMOVE@icx.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> My new Dell Axim X50v has arrived. It's charged up. I'm preparing to
> switch from my Handspring (with Palm Desktop Software Version 4.0.1) to
> Microsoft Outlook.
>
> Here's the problem: the only compatible file type I can find for the
> address book (after running tests) is the vCard file, and then only
> transferring one...by...one.... This will be very time consuming,
> considering the size of my contacts list. Is there a way of importing the
> address book as a whole?
>
> To make matters worse, I don't see any compatible file type for the
> calendar, which is huge and which I routinely use for reference on past
> activities. Also, it would be really nice to transfer my memos and "to
> do" items.
>
> So, is there something I'm missing? Do I need third party software?
> Surely I'm not the first to make the switch from Palm to PocketPC.

If you still have your Palm and original CD, install the Chapura
PocketMirror from that disk and configure the Palm to synchronise everything
to Outlook.

Then you synchronise the Pocket PC and that's all...

If you don't have your Palm or the CD, you can use PocketCopy:

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp
!