I met a true FANBOY - A true story to share.

Dark_Placebo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
Okay, i engaged a conversation with a "friend". He said he's gonna build his own rig. Okay i offered some help. He's cool with that.

Then i suggested Intel C2D E6600 especially with the price drop. Then he said that he's gonna buy an AMD X2. I said, uhhmm, okay... but...

Even before i said the reasons... he blurted out these:

A. AMD Is the best manufacturer of processors out there.
B. AMD is better at overclocking
C. AMD is faster and cheaper.
D. For gamers or graphics enthusiasts, AMD is the way to go.

E. Core 2 Duo is very expensive.
F. INTEL is doing bad, the reason why there was a price cut because CORE 2 DUO IS NOT SELLING.
G. Worldwide, AMD sells the most Processors
H. Nobody likes C2D, and nobody buys C2D.
I. ALL OF THE BENCHMARKS pointed AMD is the best.

After hearing those arguments, i tried to rebut, but at the end, i stayed silent since he doesnt want to listen to me.

After that... here goes the video card:

A. ATI is the best, nobody can beat it.
B. I dont look at the model.. i look at the simple specs like the ram and speed...

I said, how bout pixel shaders, pipelines, etc...
C. NVIDIA doesnt have that, ATI is the best.

Okay....

Before C2D came out, im inclining to AMD and ATI, now i have C2D and Nvidia. I get what is hot, what most of the guys here thinks is better. I may be a fanboy, but not to the extent that i dont look at facts...

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
I just, I dont know how to reply to that. Just... How... Somebody should put him to sleep. He, he, he, doesnt deserve to have the amount of cash necessary to build a pc. Sneak into his room, put a pillow over his head, and hold it thre until the body stops moving. Or, failing that, tie him down, duct tape his eyes open, and show him benches, reviews, oc'ing comparisons, ect., until he realizes the C2D is a superior processor. Or just get him on here and let us set him straight.

mrmez

Splendid
Hey... is that guys name Adrian?
Cos it sounds just like a motherf***er i know.
He works as an 'IT consultant', man i love to shut him down in front of hes mates and make him look like a cock.

Let him build his sys, and laff at him when he finds hes farked up.

FeareX

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
lol, didn't know fanboys could be THAT annoying and ignorant :lol:

ATI RULEZZZ... ya but mayb... ATI RULEZZZ... yeah you already said th... ATI RULEZZZ!!!

I can't stand if people act like that :oops:

jeremyrailton

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
tell him that he should stick with the most expensive 939 board and that he's gotta buy an FX-60. Then laugh at him when he finds that a C2D rig at half the cost blows his expensive POS out of the water.

coronaz

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Just let him buy AMD and ATI and then laugh at him when he plays games at like 10fps!!!

I used to love AMD but you have to keep with the times.. 8)

seanie

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Hey... is that guys name Adrian?
Cos it sounds just like a motherf***er i know.
He works as an 'IT consultant', man i love to shut him down in front of hes mates and make him look like a ****.

Let him build his sys, and laff at him when he finds hes farked up.

does this guy adrian live in Dublin, Ireland if so i might know him

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
you should all be ashamed for poking fun at the mentally challenged

Thats what i keep saying about Christians, who are the BIGGEST fanboys.

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT!!! I FEEL THE SAME EXACT WAY!!!

trinitron64

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Pffffffft !!!!

I have a MUCH better fanboy story.

My cousin came over and watched me gaming at 1600x1200 with my single core 3700+ overclocked to FX-57 speeds. And he was BASHING me for not having intel, saying that intel is so much better now.

What can I do? My system kicks ass, but I know that the new Core 2 Duos kill AMD... so I agreed with him.

Then he phones me up a week later telling me he got a new system and that he chose intel because of how better it is.

I come over and found that he paid $200+ for a Pentium D and was all proud about how intels new products KILL amd.

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.

Then I decided for the good of mankind I must drill into this kids head that if you wish to talk smack DO YOUR RESEARCH... got him to buy an E6400 after I showed him that my FX-57 killed the Pentium D in nearly all the benchmarks, and furthermore that an X2 3800 beat its ass too.

Silly really.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:roll: :roll: :roll:

seanie

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Thats what i keep saying about Christians, who are the BIGGEST fanboys.
i think you'll find it the same with anyone with a rigid belief system be it religious, scientific, political you see it when people criticizes bush some Americans(not all) take this as a personal attack, because they have been indoctrinated in the belief that there country is the best thing since sliced bread.

proof

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
That is because bush is an idiotic, arrogant, stuttering, metally challenged, a$$hole. He needs to be impeached or assasinated.