Sign in with
Your question

I met a true FANBOY - A true story to share.

Last response: in Systems
May 2, 2007 11:51:37 AM

Okay, i engaged a conversation with a "friend". He said he's gonna build his own rig. Okay i offered some help. He's cool with that.

Then i suggested Intel C2D E6600 especially with the price drop. Then he said that he's gonna buy an AMD X2. I said, uhhmm, okay... but...

Even before i said the reasons... he blurted out these:

A. AMD Is the best manufacturer of processors out there.
B. AMD is better at overclocking
C. AMD is faster and cheaper.
D. For gamers or graphics enthusiasts, AMD is the way to go.

E. Core 2 Duo is very expensive.
F. INTEL is doing bad, the reason why there was a price cut because CORE 2 DUO IS NOT SELLING.
G. Worldwide, AMD sells the most Processors
H. Nobody likes C2D, and nobody buys C2D.
I. ALL OF THE BENCHMARKS pointed AMD is the best.

After hearing those arguments, i tried to rebut, but at the end, i stayed silent since he doesnt want to listen to me.

After that... here goes the video card:

A. ATI is the best, nobody can beat it.
B. I dont look at the model.. i look at the simple specs like the ram and speed...

I said, how bout pixel shaders, pipelines, etc...
C. NVIDIA doesnt have that, ATI is the best.

Okay....

Before C2D came out, im inclining to AMD and ATI, now i have C2D and Nvidia. I get what is hot, what most of the guys here thinks is better. I may be a fanboy, but not to the extent that i dont look at facts...
May 2, 2007 11:59:28 AM

I just, I dont know how to reply to that. Just... How... Somebody should put him to sleep. He, he, he, doesnt deserve to have the amount of cash necessary to build a pc. Sneak into his room, put a pillow over his head, and hold it thre until the body stops moving. Or, failing that, tie him down, duct tape his eyes open, and show him benches, reviews, oc'ing comparisons, ect., until he realizes the C2D is a superior processor. Or just get him on here and let us set him straight.
May 2, 2007 12:16:39 PM

Hey... is that guys name Adrian?
Cos it sounds just like a motherf***er i know.
He works as an 'IT consultant', man i love to shut him down in front of hes mates and make him look like a cock.

Let him build his sys, and laff at him when he finds hes farked up.
Related resources
May 2, 2007 12:18:56 PM

AMD, better at overclocking? :lol: 

If this is all true, I'm afraid your "friend" is infected with stupid.
May 2, 2007 12:22:35 PM

wake him up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT GIVE HIM THE NEWS TO QUICK HE'S GONNA DIE
May 2, 2007 12:27:24 PM

Your "friend" was absolutely right about AMD processors... a year ago.
May 2, 2007 12:50:04 PM

Wow... I think he needs to get out more or visit a forum. Preferably not AMDZone.
May 2, 2007 1:03:46 PM

lol, didn't know fanboys could be THAT annoying and ignorant :lol: 

ATI RULEZZZ... ya but mayb... ATI RULEZZZ... yeah you already said th... ATI RULEZZZ!!!

I can't stand if people act like that :oops: 
May 2, 2007 1:06:56 PM

Tell your friend he needs to share what he's smoking with the rest of us! I want to visit that reality he's in!
May 2, 2007 1:10:11 PM

people who are that blind and ignorant of advice i dont class as friends
May 2, 2007 1:27:09 PM

tell him that he should stick with the most expensive 939 board and that he's gotta buy an FX-60. Then laugh at him when he finds that a C2D rig at half the cost blows his expensive POS out of the water.
May 2, 2007 1:27:25 PM

you should all be ashamed for poking fun at the mentally challenged
May 2, 2007 1:31:18 PM

Quote:

!!!HAHAHAHAHA!!! OH MY GAWD!!! THAT MADE MY DAY!!!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
May 2, 2007 1:39:19 PM

Just let him buy AMD and ATI and then laugh at him when he plays games at like 10fps!!!

I used to love AMD but you have to keep with the times.. 8)
May 2, 2007 1:54:10 PM

He's dreaming.

Or he is remembering what he read 2 years ago and thinks things are status quo.
May 2, 2007 2:07:08 PM

Quote:
Hey... is that guys name Adrian?
Cos it sounds just like a motherf***er i know.
He works as an 'IT consultant', man i love to shut him down in front of hes mates and make him look like a ****.

Let him build his sys, and laff at him when he finds hes farked up.

does this guy adrian live in Dublin, Ireland if so i might know him
May 2, 2007 2:20:13 PM

Quote:

Thats what i keep saying about Christians, who are the BIGGEST fanboys.
May 2, 2007 2:20:14 PM

Quote:

!!!HAHAHAHAHA!!! OH MY GAWD!!! THAT MADE MY DAY!!!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

:lol:  Ditto!
May 2, 2007 2:39:35 PM

Quote:

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT!!! I FEEL THE SAME EXACT WAY!!!
May 2, 2007 2:44:09 PM

Yeah that Jesus, he's so over-rated. Buddha performs like 2x better in almost every bench!
May 2, 2007 2:45:29 PM

Pffffffft !!!!

I have a MUCH better fanboy story.

My cousin came over and watched me gaming at 1600x1200 with my single core 3700+ overclocked to FX-57 speeds. And he was BASHING me for not having intel, saying that intel is so much better now.

What can I do? My system kicks ass, but I know that the new Core 2 Duos kill AMD... so I agreed with him.

Then he phones me up a week later telling me he got a new system and that he chose intel because of how better it is.

I come over and found that he paid $200+ for a Pentium D and was all proud about how intels new products KILL amd.

I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed.

Then I decided for the good of mankind I must drill into this kids head that if you wish to talk smack DO YOUR RESEARCH... got him to buy an E6400 after I showed him that my FX-57 killed the Pentium D in nearly all the benchmarks, and furthermore that an X2 3800 beat its ass too.

Silly really.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
:roll: :roll: :roll:
May 2, 2007 2:45:52 PM

Quote:
Yeah that Jesus, he's so over-rated. Buddha performs like 2x better in almost every bench!

Hahahaha! Allah is even better than Buddah though. His benches suicide bomb the crap out of Buddah's.
May 2, 2007 2:48:38 PM

Yeah, but as the µarch matured Buddha could really kick the crap out of SuperPi. He ate that sh!t whole.
May 2, 2007 2:48:45 PM

Quote:
i think you'll find it the same with anyone with a rigid belief system be it religious, scientific, political you see it when people criticizes bush some Americans(not all) take this as a personal attack, because they have been indoctrinated in the belief that there country is the best thing since sliced bread.
May 2, 2007 2:56:11 PM

That is because bush is an idiotic, arrogant, stuttering, metally challenged, a$$hole. He needs to be impeached or assasinated.
May 2, 2007 2:57:55 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but as the µarch matured Buddha could really kick the crap out of SuperPi. He ate that sh!t whole.

What is your favorite fictional character? Mine is God...
May 2, 2007 3:10:19 PM

Yeah, I've seen a few of these fan boys on the forums here at THG. Just look at any of the R600 Benchmark threads and you'll see at least half dozen creeping about. The funny thing is that they have the nerve to call others fanboys or accuse them of working for intel or nvidia. It's so sad.
May 2, 2007 3:13:17 PM

Quote:
That is because bush is an idiotic, arrogant, stuttering, metally challenged, a$$hole. He needs to be impeached or assasinated.

Better watch out, as any lib will tell you the patriot act now gives the government the power to do just about anything. They could send you to Gitmo for the rest of your life for this type of comment.
May 2, 2007 3:15:40 PM

lol
May 2, 2007 3:20:09 PM

Quote:
Better watch out, as any lib will tell you the patriot act now gives the government the power to do just about anything. They could send you to Gitmo for the rest of your life for this type of comment.

it'd be funny it it wasn't true. :cry:  so, bush isn't technically lying when he say's that he's bringing democracy to the middle east, if that's his definition of democracy :wink:
May 2, 2007 3:31:04 PM

Well I am a Christian and if that makes me a fanboi of God then I guess I am a fanboi. But here is the thing. If I am going to be a fanboi about something, it is better to be a fanboi of a religion that holds my eternity in high regard, rather than a company that could give a crap about me, my future or my eternity.

It is very disappointing that people take every opportunity to make fun of certain religions and people that follow that religion. I follow Christianity because it gives me hope that things can and will be better. The world is such a messed up place and it needs all the help it can get. It is a good thing that so many people have a certain religion they follow because it helps people become more accountable for their actions. Think about it for a minute. Most people try to be good and obey most laws because of whom? The police and other law enforcement people, correct? Well, that is how it is with people that follow different religions. They base a lot of their actions on what consequences they may have to account for later in life and after they die. So, if all religion was gone, do you think the world would even still be here? I don’t think so. Same as law enforcement; how good do you think people would be if there was no one to make them account for their actions? That is the same principle religion works on. Morals play a large role in people’s actions, but those morals come from somewhere. They come from teachings that have been left by people that came before us. We Christians call it the Bible. Maybe some of you should pick it up and read it sometime. It changed my life. :D 

So anyway, to everyone that does not believe in God, don’t bash people that do. Does it somehow make you feel better? Make and poke fun all you want, but one day when this life is over, you better hope God takes mercy on your soul because blasphemy is the worst thing you can ever do.

crim
May 2, 2007 3:38:07 PM

MMM is your friend?
May 2, 2007 3:48:24 PM

You could call me an Intel + Nvidia fanboy; that is an educated fanboy. I have concluded from trial and error that Intel + nvidia make a better choice. the Difference is that i wait tell they are on top then buy, that way the benchmarks are on my side.

also I have had several friends with ATI cards that have had problems and fewer friends that have had nvidia problems, even thou the majority use nvidia.

also I i gave AMD a chance back in the day with the K62 and while it worked ok- still working - it failed to impress compared the the Intel's

It's ok to be a fanboy, just do brag that your system is better if it is not.
May 2, 2007 3:52:22 PM

Quote:
Okay, i engaged a conversation with a "friend". He said he's gonna build his own rig. Okay i offered some help. He's cool with that.

Then i suggested Intel C2D E6600 especially with the price drop. Then he said that he's gonna buy an AMD X2. I said, uhhmm, okay... but...

Even before i said the reasons... he blurted out these:

A. AMD Is the best manufacturer of processors out there.
B. AMD is better at overclocking
C. AMD is faster and cheaper.
D. For gamers or graphics enthusiasts, AMD is the way to go.

E. Core 2 Duo is very expensive.
F. INTEL is doing bad, the reason why there was a price cut because CORE 2 DUO IS NOT SELLING.
G. Worldwide, AMD sells the most Processors
H. Nobody likes C2D, and nobody buys C2D.
I. ALL OF THE BENCHMARKS pointed AMD is the best.

After hearing those arguments, i tried to rebut, but at the end, i stayed silent since he doesnt want to listen to me.

After that... here goes the video card:

A. ATI is the best, nobody can beat it.
B. I dont look at the model.. i look at the simple specs like the ram and speed...

I said, how bout pixel shaders, pipelines, etc...
C. NVIDIA doesnt have that, ATI is the best.

Okay....

Before C2D came out, im inclining to AMD and ATI, now i have C2D and Nvidia. I get what is hot, what most of the guys here thinks is better. I may be a fanboy, but not to the extent that i dont look at facts...

I've seen the same, but the only diference is, they were inteler, defending pentium 4 , sahying athlon 64 get overhearted so easily and burned.. o_O
May 2, 2007 3:55:39 PM

i didn't mean to offend i was merely pointing out, peoples need to defend a belief system, regardless of evidence presented, i am spiritual but don't believe in organized religion, my opinion of the bible and Christianity as a whole is based on a mish mash of pagan religions, and sun worship, Christianity has been used to control the population though fear i myself dont have a belief system to defend and am open to all possibility or to quote Georg Christoph Lichtenberg "With most men, unbelief in one thing springs from blind belief in another." or as Albert Einstein said 'The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education
May 2, 2007 3:57:28 PM

I BET HES A MEXICAN
May 2, 2007 4:01:35 PM

Quote:
It is very disappointing that people take every opportunity to make fun of certain religions and people that follow that religion. I follow Christianity because it gives me hope that things can and will be better. The world is such a messed up place and it needs all the help it can get. It is a good thing that so many people have a certain religion they follow because it helps people become more accountable for their actions. Think about it for a minute. Most people try to be good and obey most laws because of whom? The police and other law enforcement people, correct? Well, that is how it is with people that follow different religions. They base a lot of their actions on what consequences they may have to account for later in life and after they die. So, if all religion was gone, do you think the world would even still be here? I don’t think so. Same as law enforcement; how good do you think people would be if there was no one to make them account for their actions? That is the same principle religion works on. Morals play a large role in people’s actions, but those morals come from somewhere. They come from teachings that have been left by people that came before us. We Christians call it the Bible. Maybe some of you should pick it up and read it sometime. It changed my life. Very Happy

organized religion: based on a book that has been translated + edited for over a 2000 years by a propaganda machine

Science: based on observation, results are reproducible

organized religion: believes in god whom has only been seen by dead people or by people high on drugs

science: big bang + evolution , can be proven by physics + biology .

conclusion:
--------------------
organized religion = fanboy what is worse it that organized religion expects its fanboys to give money to the propaganda machine
May 2, 2007 4:08:47 PM

Eventhough I'm not a Christian, I've to agree with your opinion.Personally, despite how funny some things are, religion (wether you believe god or not) shouldn't be 'discussed' in THG Forums....computer hardwares & softwares, and some other things are more than enough to be discussed.
May 2, 2007 4:09:41 PM

Hey now, I wouldn't call it a POS..... :evil: 
May 2, 2007 4:10:46 PM

i wouldn't say science is free from dogma either
May 2, 2007 4:12:22 PM

Quote:
It is very disappointing that people take every opportunity to make fun of certain religions and people that follow that religion. I follow Christianity because it gives me hope that things can and will be better. The world is such a messed up place and it needs all the help it can get. It is a good thing that so many people have a certain religion they follow because it helps people become more accountable for their actions. Think about it for a minute. Most people try to be good and obey most laws because of whom? The police and other law enforcement people, correct? Well, that is how it is with people that follow different religions. They base a lot of their actions on what consequences they may have to account for later in life and after they die. So, if all religion was gone, do you think the world would even still be here? I don’t think so. Same as law enforcement; how good do you think people would be if there was no one to make them account for their actions? That is the same principle religion works on. Morals play a large role in people’s actions, but those morals come from somewhere. They come from teachings that have been left by people that came before us. We Christians call it the Bible. Maybe some of you should pick it up and read it sometime. It changed my life. Very Happy

organized religion: based on a book that has been translated + edited for over a 2000 years by a propaganda machine

organized religion: believes in god whom has only been seen by dead people or by people high on drugs

conclusion:
--------------------
organized religion = fanboy what is worse it that organized religion expects its fanboys to give money to the propaganda machine

One question for all those people who love the big bang theory as the source of life in the universe...

The Big band Theory says that all matter in the universe was once a giant ball of matter that eventually exploded and evolved to what it is today... the question is... "Where did that ball of matter come from?"

That's why I believe in a higher power.

Not necessarily a Chistian, Muslim, or any other god, but definitely a higher power.
May 2, 2007 4:12:39 PM

Quote:

conclusion:
--------------------

Ohhh SNIZAP!!!
May 2, 2007 4:13:48 PM

Fine i'll end the religious debate ..

But first lets reach a middle ground. how about this: god exploded to create the universe. that would still agree with the big bang + conservation of energy but having a god should for fill the thirst of the religious community. [/quote]

...Anyone want to be an Enermax fanboy ? come on anyone :lol: 
May 2, 2007 4:17:21 PM

Question: Which came first, the chic or the egg?

It depends on whether or not you want to eat or if you want to have sex. It you want to eat, obviously the the egg comes first. But, on the other hand, if you want to have sex, the chic comes first...

Edit: The chic never comes first... :wink:
May 2, 2007 4:21:17 PM

Quote:
Well I am a Christian and if that makes me a fanboi of God then I guess I am a fanboi. But here is the thing. If I am going to be a fanboi about something, it is better to be a fanboi of a religion that holds my eternity in high regard, rather than a company that could give a crap about me, my future or my eternity.

It is very disappointing that people take every opportunity to make fun of certain religions and people that follow that religion. I follow Christianity because it gives me hope that things can and will be better. The world is such a messed up place and it needs all the help it can get. It is a good thing that so many people have a certain religion they follow because it helps people become more accountable for their actions. Think about it for a minute. Most people try to be good and obey most laws because of whom? The police and other law enforcement people, correct? Well, that is how it is with people that follow different religions. They base a lot of their actions on what consequences they may have to account for later in life and after they die. So, if all religion was gone, do you think the world would even still be here? I don’t think so. Same as law enforcement; how good do you think people would be if there was no one to make them account for their actions? That is the same principle religion works on. Morals play a large role in people’s actions, but those morals come from somewhere. They come from teachings that have been left by people that came before us. We Christians call it the Bible. Maybe some of you should pick it up and read it sometime. It changed my life. :D 

So anyway, to everyone that does not believe in God, don’t bash people that do. Does it somehow make you feel better? Make and poke fun all you want, but one day when this life is over, you better hope God takes mercy on your soul because blasphemy is the worst thing you can ever do.

crim

Dang man... if I wanted to hear all of that I'd just go to church. This is a TECHNOLOGY forum right?
May 2, 2007 4:22:12 PM

Hahahaha! I wouldn't go to church anyway.
May 2, 2007 4:22:57 PM

Quote:
That's why I believe in a higher power.

Not necessarily a Chistian, Muslim, or any other god, but definitely a higher power.
I would agree somewhat, but again the big bang is only a theory, and is open to debate, it is when it becomes a dogmatic belief system, thats when progress is hindered, knowledge is knowing how little we know. :D  ok i'll stop now
May 2, 2007 4:28:52 PM

Quote:
You could call me an Intel + Nvidia fanboy; that is an educated fanboy. I have concluded from trial and error that Intel + nvidia make a better choice. the Difference is that i wait tell they are on top then buy, that way the benchmarks are on my side.

also I have had several friends with ATI cards that have had problems and fewer friends that have had nvidia problems, even thou the majority use nvidia.

also I i gave AMD a chance back in the day with the K62 and while it worked ok- still working - it failed to impress compared the the Intel's

It's ok to be a fanboy, just do brag that your system is better if it is not.

Best run and hide now before TheGreatGrapeApe sees this. He's gonna stomp you into the ground for not backing up your ATI statement with an arsenal of documentation.
May 2, 2007 4:32:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Actually both are theories and you can be believe in both of these and still have a belief in God. The two don't conflict.
!