Sign in with
Your question

HIS HD2900XT

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2007 12:37:54 PM
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2007 12:48:07 PM

Nice find. I wonder if they will still have that Silent Turbo edition like was seen available for preorder from a Dutch site.

from specs
Quote:
Built-in HDMI and 5.1 surround audio

Hmmm, very intersting. I hope it's $399 USD or less.
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2007 12:55:41 PM

Me too. Tasty features and hopefully great all around performance, including DX10
Related resources
May 2, 2007 1:09:54 PM

WOW... 8O
That card is a Monster!
I like it but since i had some bad experience with my previews ATI cards :? , i won't go with ATI again... :( 
May 2, 2007 1:22:05 PM

a lot of rumors and "sale packages" the last day,
but nothing on the AMD/ATI website

don't trust this until somebody sees a real card, or there is an announcement on the ATI/AMD website!
May 2, 2007 1:23:14 PM

It says built in HDMI with sound. I dont see the HDMI jack. That sucks. Probably fake.
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2007 1:27:09 PM

Now that the 2900XT will be hitting the retail channels, maybe we'll get to see some "real world" benchmarks and performance numbers. The HIS site listed newegg as a retailer but it's not available for sale yet, hopefully soon.

Quote:
It says built in HDMI with sound. I dont see the HDMI jack. That sucks. Probably fake.

I caught that too. I only saw two DVI and one S-Video connector but no HDMI connector. I don't think it's fake but probably just an example photo. It says "HDMI support" and that could be done by some type of A/V adapter, would need to see what's included in the retail package to know for sure.
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2007 1:33:50 PM

Quote:
a lot of rumors and "sale packages" the last day,
but nothing on the AMD/ATI website

don't trust this until somebody sees a real card, or there is an announcement on the ATI/AMD website!
Why should I doubt this? They may change the package?
May 2, 2007 1:42:07 PM

like FishBoi stated, where's the HDMI?
so this is a fake picture
if you want to credible, you need a picture of the actual card!
not an ati example with your own logo photoshopped on it!

after all those weeks/months waiting, you get skeptical!
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2007 1:51:46 PM

From what I understand, this one comes with DVI to HDMI dongle
May 2, 2007 1:55:40 PM

Quote:

alright, DVI is only video,
how do you get the sound to the HDMI?

explain that.
common, take it like a man, it's a fake image! :roll:
May 2, 2007 2:07:22 PM

HDMI is backwards compatible with DVI. A dual-link, 24-pin cable provides audio and video from a DVI output to an HDMI input.

At the bottom of the article it says that there's a dvi - hdmi dongle. That's probably it.
May 2, 2007 2:10:34 PM

Quote:

explain that.

easily explainable, an adapter on the card... just like on a tv tuner card. from sound card to video card. This connection would be required even with a dedicated hdmi output, how else is the video card going to get sound? :wink:
May 2, 2007 2:12:09 PM

If you look at the image closely, it looks like the plastic shroud is empty anyway - no heat pipes, no fins or heatsink at all.

Am I going crazy?
May 2, 2007 2:19:36 PM

Quote:

explain that.

easily explainable, an adapter on the card... just like on a tv tuner card. from sound card to video card. This connection would be required even with a dedicated hdmi output, how else is the video card going to get sound? :wink:

finally someone that gets the point,
there are 2 DVI connectors on the image
DVI is only video
it should be possible if it had some sort digital audio out which you could combine with the DVI so you get sound and video on your HDMI

where is the sound output on this card?

so, HIS wil make a HD2900XT, but it definitely not exact that as the picture.

so just replace the HIS logo on the cooler to ASUS and copy/paste the text to the asus website, and suddenly asus has a HD2900XT for sale 8O

the point is; if you don't have the card ready for the shelfs don't promote it on your website.
May 2, 2007 2:25:17 PM

LOL OK i see them now :lol: 
May 2, 2007 2:27:21 PM

The X2800XT sucks. Boo!
May 2, 2007 2:29:24 PM

? why did you reply to me with that?
May 2, 2007 2:31:11 PM

Because u suck too!

E6700.. what where u thinking??
May 2, 2007 2:34:46 PM

Yeah I got it right after release, had I known what the 6600 was going to do, I would have gone w/ that.

In other news, you're a jack@ss.

May 2, 2007 2:35:39 PM

Quote:
Because u suck too!

E6700.. what where u thinking??

WTF are you thinking?
the guy didn't do anything wrong!
keep it friendly, what have or haven't you been smoking?

if that's the only thing you can say, then just STFU
May 2, 2007 2:36:00 PM

Quote:

they have a HDMI dongle.

DVI to HDMI dongle.
May 2, 2007 2:36:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah I got it right after release, had I known what the 6600 was going to do, I would have gone w/ that.

Im a jackass? You spent 200$ more on a product without even knowing if its good or not.. and IM the jackass? WTF?
May 2, 2007 2:37:33 PM

Quote:

they have a HDMI dongle.

DVI to HDMI dongle.

please read the whole thread
DVI to HDMI is ok for video, but how about sound? that's the question.
May 2, 2007 2:40:40 PM

Quote:

Im a jackass? You spent 200$ more on a product without even knowing if its good or not.. and IM the jackass? WTF?

I'm just eager, and I was hoping for a better part and higher multiplier(which I got)8)

You're a jackass because you jumped in this thread a flamed me for no reason.

Look your still doing it....
May 2, 2007 2:55:20 PM

Quote:

they have a HDMI dongle.

DVI to HDMI dongle.

duthoy you're absolutely correct about the dvi no sound thing... it seems that they DID just put an HIS sticker on the heatsink as the version with the dual-dvi only is the reference model, at least according to these ppl...

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=39707
May 2, 2007 2:55:43 PM

Seriously, what is Track's beef wit you? Did you leave his sister at the alter or something?
May 2, 2007 3:06:35 PM

Quote:

they have a HDMI dongle.

DVI to HDMI dongle.

duthoy you're absolutely correct about the dvi no sound thing... it seems that they DID just put an HIS sticker on the heatsink as the version with the dual-dvi only is the reference model, at least according to these ppl...

http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=39707

if you look at the edge of the HIS black sticker, you see a little distortion of the red on the bottom, also the letters are way too bright and "perfect" to be a real thing,
i've seen exact the same image on a website, just a few days ago, but it had an ati sticker on it.
so that's why i'm thinking it's a photoshop thing.
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2007 3:14:03 PM

I guess theres only so much you can do and still keep an NDA eh?
May 2, 2007 3:22:16 PM

That is so f$!#ing terrible huh. I mean wow! :roll:
May 2, 2007 3:24:36 PM

Quote:
Pic of HDMI dongle on;

Pics of HD 2x00 series

maybe i'm wrong,
but if you look at the pin assignment of a DVI, you can see that all pins are in use, so no extra for sound.
maybe they use the pins for datalink 2, but then you only have like 6 pins four sound, so max 5.1 audio (if 1 pin is 1 digital audio channel)
it would be cool, but i think it's a little bit unlikely,
this must be a reference board, and the one that really uses HDMI gets a HDMI interface

DVI pin assignment:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/03/DVI_pinou...
May 2, 2007 3:28:42 PM

mehh ur reported.
May 2, 2007 3:41:58 PM

Quote:
Just found this link...

2 benchies 2900XT and 8800GTX

Once again, as I always say when I post a link, take it they way you want.

wondering why that many people fall for that ubberfake "benchmarks"
these are compared to a 1950XTX not 2900XT

someone in this forum posted the original bench image somewhere else, but bleh lazy to search..
btw
something very funny
theres a guy who picked up a lot of quotes from people who are under NDA..
and all of them said the same
Dailytech's pseudo "review" is FUD..and total BULL...(of the 2900XT vs the 8800GTS andGTX )
May 2, 2007 3:48:59 PM

Quote:
Seriously, what is Track's beef wit you? Did you leave his sister at the alter or something?

Just ignore him. He pops in every now and then to say something stupid. 900+ stupid posts and counting. :lol: 
May 2, 2007 3:51:22 PM

They could also put the HDMI connection on the card going to a slot backplate. They are pretty smart guys I think they can figure it out and deliver it. Most people do not use those x1 PCI-E slots anyway, here can be a use for that space.
May 2, 2007 4:02:42 PM

btw, anyone knows ifthe his site is down?
because it keeps giving me a "cannot find server or dns error"
wondering if my university's firewall is blocking it o_O
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2007 4:05:13 PM

Which site?
May 2, 2007 4:08:49 PM

Yeah, I'm having the same problem.
May 2, 2007 4:11:21 PM

Looks nice , wish there was a preorder lol. But the letters do look a little bright.
May 2, 2007 4:22:38 PM

I know its all speculation, but do you think the sound chip is better then the sound on most motherboards?

If so, how would I utilize it, must be some sort of adapter. My monitor doesn't support HDMI and I only have a 2.1 speaker setup.

This card shall be very interesting!
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2007 4:26:02 PM

It will be superior to MB sound, going out spidf or digital. Youll need an amp more than likely, but itll be great sound for gaming, uding the physics in the game as well
May 2, 2007 4:27:46 PM

Maybe it's just me, but that link still isn't working.
May 2, 2007 4:30:32 PM

Nice pics Bruce555,I was wondering what the lineup looked like...can't get the other pic of the HIS.
a b U Graphics card
May 2, 2007 4:31:48 PM

Looks like they may have pulled it, but heres a cut n pasty :Unleash the Gaming Power of DirectX® 10

The HIS Radeon™ HD 2900XT unleashes the power of DirectX® 10 with awesome performance, stunning visual effects and more dynamic interactivity than ever before. Surpass reality with easy CrossFire™ scalability, built-in HDMI and 5.1 surround audio for an immersive HD Gaming experience. HIS Radeon™ HD 2900XT delivers ultimate realism and performance at all resolutions in high dynamic range from a 2nd generation unified shader engine.

Ultimate High Definition Gaming Technology

The HIS Radeon™ HD 2900 powers today’s titles and introduces a new platform for upcoming DirectX® 10 games. Our next-generation unified shader engine with 320 unified stream processors, a 512-bit memory interface, CrossFire™, game physics, and built-in HDMI with multi-channel 5.1 surround audio establishes a new level of performance and technology designed for discerning gamers.

HIS Radeon™ HD 2900XT delivers ultimate realism and performance at all resolutions in high dynamic range from a 2nd generation unified shader engine and easy CrossFire upgradeability. Built-in with HDMI audio and video, HIS Radeon™ HD 2900XT enables a one-plug big-screen HD gaming experience with ATI Avivo™ HD video & display technology with advanced high definition features including UVD technology.

Leadership for Windows Vista™

The HIS Radeon™ HD 2900XT delivers powerful graphics performance, improved stability, and an immersive HD gaming experience for Windows Vista™. ATI Catalyst™ software is designed for quick setup of graphics, video, and multiple displays, and automatically configures optimal system settings for lifelike DirectX® 10 gaming and the visually stunning Windows Aero™ user interface.

Superscalar unified shader architecture
320 stream processing units
512-bit 8-channel memory interface
Comprehensive DirectX® 10 support
Integrated CrossFire™
High-speed 128-bit HDR (High Dynamic Range) rendering
Up to 24x Custom Filter Anti-Aliasing
ATI Avivo™ HD video and display technology
Built-in HDMI and 5.1 surround audio
Dynamic geometry acceleration
Game physics processing capability

HIS delivers Faster, Cooler, Quieter plus the best quality product!
Professional customer service and technical support

CyberLink Power2Go 5 - CD
CyberLink Medi@Show 3
GameShadow
Free Game Redemption Coupon
Valve Black Box Game Coupon
(Bundle items are subject to change without prior notice)

VIVO Cable
HDTV Output cable
DVI to VGA Dongle x 2
DVI to HDMI Dongle x 1
Crossfire™ Cable x 1
(Bundle items are subject to change without prior notice)

All brand names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright(c) 2004 Hightech Information System Ltd. All rights reserved.
!