Bad Newegg first experience

fatjon

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I had spent a couple weeks trying to put my first build together and decided to order all of my parts at once from Newegg. On Friday afternoon (it is now tuesday) I ordered everything and it was still being processed until an hour ago. Two things happened here that have me a little bit worried. They just now charged my bank account and while the order was in process, the Sapphire 7950 gpu that I ordered went out of stock; making me wonder why they still charged my account if they didn't have an expensive part I ordered in stock.

If I am paying $1,600 in parts from one place I expect to get timely processing, because that was ridiculous and I just hope I get the card too.

Leon Hart

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012
I was about to create a new thread to bare all of my frustration about my first experience with NewEgg...

So i've been doing researches and asking question in the forum about my new build, after i while i decide this is the time to do it. I went to NewEgg, ordered everything i need, the total is $1000. After i put my debit card # over and press submit, i got an email that told me they can't authorized my payment with my bank and told me to go to my account to update my information because it might be i put the wrong number and/or a wrong expiration date. So i went over there, triple checked my number and exp date and clicked submit, they still decline it. That was about 12 A.M on Monday (02/22). I was pissed off, really wth??? So to be sure i went to my bank account and check everything, my balance still have plenty, i didn't have any pending transaction and my daily limit is $3000. After that i went back to NewEgg and updated my info once again, it still declined. So i canceled my order and order it again, still no luck. It was late so i went to bed and i tried to call them in the morning.

In the morning, i tried to go to my account and updated my info again, this time it went through, phew, at that time i thought may be there was something wrong with their system so i left it at that, doing what i do and thinking about my new build, i was so exited. That afternoon, i got an email told me that they can't verify my order by trying to call me at my home phone #, which is on my account & ties to my card's billing address. I was, WTF???? I was not at home at that time, i was working out of town and i won't be home until April, i put the shipping address at where i am now. So i tried to contact them and there is a guy that told me there is nothing they can do to verify my order, i have to be at home to get the call and to call them back. I was so frustrated, i told the guy that i also have a cell phone number ties to my bank, and i did put that number on the billing address when i check out, "why don't you use that phone number "i told him! He apologized and tell me to wait for him to get this update with the verification department. He said they have to verify that number with my bank before call me to verify my order. So i was "okay, fine please, do whatever you could". I waited for the whole Tuesday morning but i didn't got anything! So i went online to chat with them and they told me they still verifying with my bank, and they will get me updated via email when it's is done. I asked for how long, they told me it will be completed by end of the day, and they will process and ship it right after im verified, and they told me that i will get my order by Thursday (i've ordered 2-days shipping). So i waited and hoped, till the light went out i still got nothing. I tried to call them again but they closed, so i have to wait for tomorrow to know if i "COULD" get it by Thursday.

It was really a pain in the ass, why couldn't they make things a little bit easier for everyone? Apparently, they don't want to take my money. I done business with Amazon and TigerDirect and they was flawless, i got the shipment exactly the time they told me, fast and easy, without frustration and madness!!

It not that i am a fanboy to those vendors, it just that i want my new pc so badly, i will have a 4 days off in a row this weekend and i plan to spend those time tinkering with my new build, i even spend extra for the 2 day shipping. And now that i all got: frustration and anger. Who know when will i get my order? Now my plan is screw up, blah :(

Well they better process your order because if it was charged, and you cancel the order it will take about 3-5 days to get a refund.