E6300 with VCORE 1.41V ~ 1.45V This V can hurt my C2D?

hfernandes

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Hi everyone.
I hope you can help me.

I have asus P5LD2 SE motherboard with Core 2 E6300, and I have overclocked it to 2.4GHz. Everything else works fine, but for some strange reason adjusting the processor Vcore does not work.

There is an option in the BIOS for changing Vcore, but no matter which setting I use, the voltage always automatically goes to 1.41V~ 1.45V when overclocked. This makes the processor run hot, at 55C under load, constantly with full speed fans using prime95.

No matter which setting I use, the voltage always automatically goes to 1.40 V when overclocked !

If I set VCORE to 1.225V and use FSB 266 .. VCORE keeps at 1.2V
When I increase FSB from 266 to 267, VCORE goes to 1.4V !!!

My C2D can be damage with this VCORE ???

Help me!!!

Hi everyone.
I hope you can help me.

I have asus P5LD2 SE motherboard with Core 2 E6300, and I have overclocked it to 2.4GHz. Everything else works fine, but for some strange reason adjusting the processor Vcore does not work.

There is an option in the BIOS for changing Vcore, but no matter which setting I use, the voltage always automatically goes to 1.41V~ 1.45V when overclocked. This makes the processor run hot, at 55C under load, constantly with full speed fans using prime95.

No matter which setting I use, the voltage always automatically goes to 1.40 V when overclocked !

Help me!!!

Have you updated the BIOS?

hfernandes

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
Hi everyone.
I hope you can help me.

Help me!!!

Have you updated the BIOS?
Yes. It's updated to last version.

h3llscream

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I realize that it defaulting to 1.4-1.45 is an issue but to run that hot at those voltages seems a little high to me. Are you using stock cooling by chance? If so if you plan to overclock I would suggest going with an aftermarket cooling solution such as the Tunique Tower 120. I use this cooler on my Striker with an E6300@2.8 and have had the voltage as high as 1.6v and only then did I run temps as high as yours.

To answer your question though about 55c being too much, well for extended periods I would say it would shorten it's lifespan. Instead of having a 2-4 year lifespan maybe give it 6months to a year possibly.

hfernandes

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
To answer your question though about 55c being too much, well for extended periods I would say it would shorten it's lifespan. Instead of having a 2-4 year lifespan maybe give it 6months to a year possibly.
Crap ! I need to decrease the VCORE !!!
But, how ?!?!?!?

Crap ! I need to decrease the VCORE !!!
But, how ?!?!?!?

I run a P5LD2-VM all the time. No problem with Vcore setting like you are having. Maybe try and email ASUS tech support and ask questions?

h3llscream

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Asus Tech support? They actually have one? lol. Never had much luck with their tech support myself, but I have to agree with badge on this one. Either that or surf the forums over at Asus to see if anyone else has had similiar problems. Wish I could help more, but not familiar with your mobo.

hfernandes

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
You've got something set on auto that shouldnt be. I dont know exactly what it is cuase I cant see your bios but thats your problem.
Here is my configuration:

ADVANCED/JUMPERFREE CONFIGURATION
_AI OVERCLOCKING [MANUAL]
_CPU FREQUENCY [299]
_DRAM FREQUENCY [DDR2-533]
_PCI EXTRESS FREQ. [100]
_PCI LOCK FREQ. [33.33]
_MEMORY VOLTAGE [1.8V]
_CPU VCORE VOLTAGE [1.35]
_FSB TERMINATION VOLTAGE [1.2V]
_MCH CHIPSET VOLTAGE [1.5V]
_ICH CHIPSET VOLTAGE [1.05V]

CHIPSET
_CONFIGURE DRAM TIMING BY SPD [ENABLE]
_HYPER PATH 3 [DISABLE]
_DRAM THROTTLING THRESHOLD [AUTO]

CPU CONFIGURATION
_DEFAULT CPU RATIO [ENABLE]
_VID CMOS SETTING [62]
_MICROCODE UPDATION [ENABLE]
_MAX CDPID VALUE CONTROL [DISABLE]
_CPU INTERNAL THERMAL CONTROL [AUTO]
_VITURALIZATION TECHNOLOGY [ENABLE]
_INTEL SPEEDSTEP [DISABLE]

CHIPSET
_CONFIGURE DRAM TIMING BY SPD [ENABLE]

Just curious why you don't disable this feature and adjust your RAM timings manually. Regarding your problem, have you tried the auto setting on the Vcore voltage? Have you downloaded CPUZ and checked the CPU voltage?

hfernandes

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
I'm not an OC expert, but I already tried setting like:
_CONFIGURE DRAM TIMING BY SPD [DISABLE]
_DRAM CAS# LATENCY [4]
_DRAM RAS# PRECHARGE [4]
_DRAM RAS# TO CAS# DELAY [4]
_DRAM RAS# ACTIVATE TO PRECHA [12]
_DRAM WRITE RECOVERY TIME [4]

VCORE still 1.4V~

I don't what this numbers do, but in default, using CPU-Z my memo runs at 5-5-5-15. I decrease the frequency setting at 4-4-4-12 .. RIGHT ?

I'm using CPU-Z to check the voltage.

Reading forums over internet, I had discovered that other OC'z had this problem too.

They had give me a tip: Set VCORE to AUTO and use "ASUS AI Booster" over windows to set the VCORE. I'll try to do this later.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006

thats false.

you cant count with 5 year no problem (at least) running 60ºc 24/7

hfernandes

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007

thats false.

you cant count with 5 year no problem (at least) running 60ºc 24/7

"I can count with no problems" or
"I cant count with no problems" ???

:roll: :roll: :roll:

And about running at 1.4~V ?

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
for temperature matters, yours are safe. that 2-4 year life span talk is totally false. That voltage surely is a bit high for such low speed, and 1.4v allied to >65ºc all day long could hurt your cpu, mobo mosfets and capacitors at long term usage.

Just try to check your vcore with everest. Sometimes cpuz isn't at its best with different mobos.

EDIT- 55 at full load isn't as hot as you think. running with stock cooler at higher speeds with prime you can reach around 70ºc. Editing at full load you wont even hit 55.

Are you portuguese?

hfernandes

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
for temperature matters, yours are safe. that 2-4 year life span talk is totally false. That voltage surely is a bit high for such low speed, and 1.4v allied to >65ºc all day long could hurt your cpu, mobo mosfets and capacitors at long term usage.

Just try to check your vcore with everest. Sometimes cpuz isn't at its best with different mobos.

EDIT- 55 at full load isn't as hot as you think. running with stock cooler at higher speeds with prime you can reach around 70ºc. Editing at full load you wont even hit 55.

Are you portuguese?
Thx for you reply.

I'm still trying to find out how decrease my VCORE to 1.35V max.

Yes, I'm portuguese (BRAZIL). How do you know?
Is my english that bad ?!

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
fernandes no nome :wink: . o teu inglês parece melhor que o meu :D

faz uma leitura de voltagem com o everest ultimate edition.

I apologize to the other posters for not writing in English in this reply...

hfernandes

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
I give up !
This shit starts bothering me a lot!
I should had buy another mobo .... :( :( :(

I just cant set the correct VCORE!

I'll run C2D at stock speeds ... at least until I need more power !

Hope that 1.4~V don't frie my CPU :roll:

MEGAWATTZ2000

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
Instead of having a 2-4 year lifespan maybe give it 6months to a year possibly.

Nobody keeps their computer the same 2-4 years down the line with all these advances every other month or so ...

If he does fry it, atleast by the time it dies he can buy a new one dirt cheap ... :lol:

munkhtur_lkh

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007

oh no... What a HIGH voltage.
check my VOLT
my vCore is 1.28-1.296

!!!CPU-Z failed for Validate!!!
!!!sorry why my volt is unseen!!!

349682.png

TRENDING THREADS