New Hardware/Software installation problems

May 2, 2005 10:28:08 PM

While trying to install a new printer (software), I get a error message
advising me that another installation is already in progress. (which there
isn't) I have removed all external devices and removed its software.
(previous printer, scanner, digital camera) I still get an error. Also
note, if I click on "Add Hardware" through windows, it also advices me that
I can not install two devices at the same time. I have no idea what this
other device might be and how to resolve this issue. I am running Win XP
home and Pentium 4

Can't figure this one out.

Help please....

Tim
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 1:41:03 PM

Go into "printers and faxes" in the control panel and delete any printers
that appear there. Go into add\remove programs and remove any printing
software installed. Go into system\hardware tab\device manager button and
then find any printers listed and right click and uninstall. If it doesn't
show in the list then click on view(at the top) and put a check mark beside
"show hidden devices". Now unplug your printer and reboot. Now install any
software for the printer. Then turn the machine off and plug the printer back
in. Now windows should find it. Post back if you need more. TTFN.
!