Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ready to give vista up!

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 20, 2007 3:02:16 AM

I have had it to the gills with Vista. I did a clean install in January and took special care on what I loaded. I made sure everything was compatible with vista. Now three months later I can't fart without vista saying "sorry this quit working ,gotta close." I get it on just about everything. I am, ready to up xp back on and wait till they get vista ready for public consumption. Has any one had these problems. Bruce

My system

Biostar T Force 550 mobo
2 gig Kingston 4200 dual channel
7900 evga video with 256 mem
Two Dvd burners " SOny"
Thermal take 480watt PS
3800 AMD dual core AM2 Cpu
and more

More about : ready give vista

Best solution

April 20, 2007 6:37:05 AM

Nope, not here. I have 3 Vista systems (1 Ultimate and 2 home premium). I use 1 for work and pleasure and 2 for pleasure only and with all of the different software and hardware, I have absolutely no problems. Once upon a time (not too long ago actually), I installed a faulty ATI driver release and got the infamous BSOD; it was a very easy fix and other than that everything has been flawless. All of my log files are clean with only 'info' messages being posted.

For me, Vista is MUCH more stable that XP ever was.

You do know that XP is a completely dead OS, dont' you? MS have already stated that they will quit delivering OEM XP software by the end of the year.
April 20, 2007 11:17:14 AM

The latest Vista patch from MS is now beginning to give me occasional errors like you stated from run32.dll. However, it's always when I have my computer CPU over-processing - doing BOINC, 32G file moves and surfing the net, etc. When the PC is only doing BOINC, or I am only running the net or moving files, no issues.
m
l
April 21, 2007 3:18:16 AM

Quote:
The latest Vista patch from MS is now beginning to give me occasional errors like you stated from run32.dll. However, it's always when I have my computer CPU over-processing - doing BOINC, 32G file moves and surfing the net, etc. When the PC is only doing BOINC, or I am only running the net or moving files, no issues.
Hey pkellmey, several years ago I had 40 hp cpus running seti calcs after hours for a couple of years (@ slightly less than 2hrs per:)  - so how does BOINC work compared with going straight to seti? Are you doing seti or something else? I have a couple of e6600s mostly idling (I do not think they are even close to the punch of the hp cpus - at least PCs weren't then) and I could easily get re-involved with this kind of community effort... I've never done seti from a pc so a little info would be nice (actually I can look that up at boinc.berkeley.edu). How long does it take a pc system nowadays, it was around 18hrs per cycle (a few years ago:) ?
m
l
!