All of you MVP's have something to worry about (-:

May 3, 2005 3:20:23 AM

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/may05/...

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

More about : mvp worry

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 7:32:31 AM

The article says she's one of the youngest. I shudder to think how much
younger they go...

Michael Katz
[Microsoft MVP - MSN Client]
"There's no I in 'team' but there is 'me'"
http://msmvps.com/katz

This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no rights.

> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/may05/...
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

May 3, 2005 2:17:28 PM

In article <uOCdhD8TFHA.3308@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
archer_joan@NOSPAM.com, Joan Archer says...

> Just shows it's true what they say, kids have always been smarter about
> computers than their parents <vbg>
> I say well done to her.
> Joan

Or, maybe shows that it doesn't take much to be a MVP..........
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 2:17:29 PM

You obviously don't know what it takes.. maybe you should Google for the
answer?..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
> In article <uOCdhD8TFHA.3308@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
> archer_joan@NOSPAM.com, Joan Archer says...
>
>> Just shows it's true what they say, kids have always been smarter about
>> computers than their parents <vbg>
>> I say well done to her.
>> Joan
>>

> Or, maybe shows that it doesn't take much to be a MVP..........

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 2:17:29 PM

Hi, ByTor.

It says she is an MCP, not an MVP.

As the article says, "The Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) credential
is for technology professionals who have the skills to successfully
implement a Microsoft product or technology as part of a business solution."
This requires passing an examination, which usually takes a lot of study.
Like you, MVPs are impressed by her accomplishment and wish her well.

No examination is required to become an MVP (Most Valuable Professional).
All that is required is a sustained commitment to help other users of
Microsoft products - which means almost all computer users - and enough
education, experience and communication skills to do that well.

Maybe Arfa will become an MVP some day. She said, "Never let shyness
conquer your mind." And we could use the help! ;<)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
> In article <uOCdhD8TFHA.3308@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
> archer_joan@NOSPAM.com, Joan Archer says...
>
>> Just shows it's true what they say, kids have always been smarter about
>> computers than their parents <vbg>
>> I say well done to her.
>> Joan
>>

> Or, maybe shows that it doesn't take much to be a MVP..........
May 3, 2005 2:17:30 PM

In article <#Q7kTn9TFHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca, Mike Hall (MS-MVP) says...

> You obviously don't know what it takes.. maybe you should Google for the
> answer?..

Big assumption on your part eh? I need no research.........Plastering a
title around does not impress me at all..........
May 3, 2005 5:00:18 PM

In article <emc2$u#TFHA.3056@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, rc@corridor.net, R.
C. White says...

> Hi, ByTor.
>
> It says she is an MCP, not an MVP.
>
> As the article says, "The Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) credential
> is for technology professionals who have the skills to successfully
> implement a Microsoft product or technology as part of a business solution."
> This requires passing an examination, which usually takes a lot of study.
> Like you, MVPs are impressed by her accomplishment and wish her well.
>
> No examination is required to become an MVP (Most Valuable Professional).
> All that is required is a sustained commitment to help other users of
> Microsoft products - which means almost all computer users - and enough
> education, experience and communication skills to do that well.
>
> Maybe Arfa will become an MVP some day. She said, "Never let shyness
> conquer your mind." And we could use the help! ;<)
>
> RC

MVP, MCP, SHT, FART...........No difference to me, I'm still not
impressed......But thanks for the heads up though..... ;0)
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 6:05:29 PM

Then you have absolutely nothing to worry about... Kudos to you.

> In article <#Q7kTn9TFHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
> mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca, Mike Hall (MS-MVP) says...
>
>> You obviously don't know what it takes.. maybe you should Google for the
>> answer?..
>>

> Big assumption on your part eh? I need no research.........Plastering a
> title around does not impress me at all..........

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 6:38:55 PM

"ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message

> Or, maybe shows that it doesn't take much to be a MVP..........

That article didn't mention if she's an MVP or not.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 7:08:12 PM

I certainly wouldn't say that, they do a valuable job and deserve the
title, at least it means they know what they are talking about not like
some.
Joan

ByTor wrote:

> Or, maybe shows that it doesn't take much to be a MVP..........
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 9:00:56 PM

Not an assumption at all.. I know for sure.. but on the subject of
assumptions, you seem to be master..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
> In article <#Q7kTn9TFHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>,
> mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca, Mike Hall (MS-MVP) says...
>
>> You obviously don't know what it takes.. maybe you should Google for the
>> answer?..
>>

> Big assumption on your part eh? I need no research.........Plastering a
> title around does not impress me at all..........

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 9:36:11 PM

Wow! I didn't mean to open such a can of worms. Some of you people are
really sick if you can not see that this little girl deserves some
recognition for her tremendous achievement!

I feel so sorry for you people with your narrow and shallow minds!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/may05/...
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

May 3, 2005 10:05:12 PM

In article <OF101qAUFHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Michael Katz
[MVP]" <michaelk[at]mvps.org>, says...

> Then you have absolutely nothing to worry about... Kudos to you.

Absolutely...........
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 1:48:57 AM

Richard

I agree with you.. I was wrestling with the job of 'slot car' crew at her
age, and didn't always see a podium finish..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Wow! I didn't mean to open such a can of worms. Some of you people are
> really sick if you can not see that this little girl deserves some
> recognition for her tremendous achievement!
>
> I feel so sorry for you people with your narrow and shallow minds!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/may05/...
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

May 4, 2005 1:48:58 AM

Mike you gave great answers in your last several posts. ByTor and Jane are
just a couple of complainers. Man, if I was to determine which side those
flamers were on in the culture wars it would take me two seconds. They are
screamers in an area here where people want to find answers to their sincere
questions. Experts are the hope of many to understand their computers and
problems with them....those who antagonize are just mentally unsuitable to
join the discussion. Remember the saying about "JANE"
on Saturday Night Live? I won't say it here, but Chevy Chase was right!

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Richard
>
> I agree with you.. I was wrestling with the job of 'slot car' crew at her
> age, and didn't always see a podium finish..
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> > Wow! I didn't mean to open such a can of worms. Some of you people are
> > really sick if you can not see that this little girl deserves some
> > recognition for her tremendous achievement!
> >
> > I feel so sorry for you people with your narrow and shallow minds!
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Richard Urban
> >
> > aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
> >
> > If you knew as much as you think you know,
> > You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> >

> > "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/may05/...
> >>

> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Richard Urban
> >>
> >> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
> >>
> >> If you knew as much as you think you know,
> >> You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:39:53 AM

BEFORE I ATTEMPT to open this thread and peruse (after of
course opening op's original) I would just like to say that I have
NEVER ever seen a POST ANSWERED as quickly as the
response to this one.

You should all be ashamed no matter what the post or the outcome.
You should hide your heads that give more heed to this post than to
other posters who are need of advice........ poor show chaps.

May 4, 2005 5:39:54 AM

jane wrote:
> BEFORE I ATTEMPT to open this thread and peruse (after of
> course opening op's original) I would just like to say that I have
> NEVER ever seen a POST ANSWERED as quickly as the
> response to this one.

So *4* hours is fast, in your opinion?
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:39:54 AM

Jane

It is you and ByTor who have the problem.. denigrating the performance or
desire to learn and contribute freely makes you look bad, but that is your
prerogative.. keep it well because it is all that you will ever have, most
likely..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"jane" <jane@internet.com> wrote in message
> BEFORE I ATTEMPT to open this thread and peruse (after of
> course opening op's original) I would just like to say that I have
> NEVER ever seen a POST ANSWERED as quickly as the
> response to this one.
>
> You should all be ashamed no matter what the post or the outcome.
> You should hide your heads that give more heed to this post than to
> other posters who are need of advice........ poor show chaps.

May 4, 2005 5:39:55 AM

In article <#VOh7bCUFHA.736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca, Mike Hall (MS-MVP) says...
> Jane
>
> It is you and ByTor who have the problem.. denigrating the performance or
> desire to learn and contribute freely makes you look bad, but that is your
> prerogative.. keep it well because it is all that you will ever have, most
> likely..

WHO said I had a PROBLEM??? I gave my opinion that I was not
impressed......Is something wrong with that???
"Titles" do not impress me. Robotically placing links in response to
people show me no impressive level of skills for computing........Any
monkey can do that..........
Stop taking peoples opinions so personal, it was not the itention of my
comments..............Your flipping it around to try and make me look
like an ass, sorry, you have to try harder than that.........
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:39:56 AM

ByTor

You are digging a larger hole for yourself..

--

> In article <#VOh7bCUFHA.736@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
> mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca, Mike Hall (MS-MVP) says...
>> Jane
>>
>> It is you and ByTor who have the problem.. denigrating the performance or
>> desire to learn and contribute freely makes you look bad, but that is
>> your
>> prerogative.. keep it well because it is all that you will ever have,
>> most
>> likely..
>>

> WHO said I had a PROBLEM??? I gave my opinion that I was not
> impressed......Is something wrong with that???
> "Titles" do not impress me. Robotically placing links in response to
> people show me no impressive level of skills for computing........Any
> monkey can do that..........
> Stop taking peoples opinions so personal, it was not the itention of my
> comments..............Your flipping it around to try and make me look
> like an ass, sorry, you have to try harder than that.........

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 5:49:38 AM

> I certainly wouldn't say that, they do a valuable job and deserve the
> title, at least it means they know what they are talking about not like

On what grounds or Authority do you base "your" 'comment'.?
I have Known many many people who have titles, but only very
few who 'knew' what they were talking about.
Titles get handed out at the same rate as maggots turning into flies..
its all a bunch of 'hooo haaa'.
Even the Queen has a Title, but do you think for one moment that
means anything to mankind here on earth on this very day?

Most all humans like to "think" they know what they are gabbing
about..... it is a natural trait of human nature, and one absorbed
by this generation more than any that has ever dwelled on this rock.

So, if you are relating to 'them' knowing what 'they' are talking about,
then perhaps you should dwell with each and every one to know
them personally and see if 'their' 'pseudo' computer personality
matches their 'real-life' personality.

you sound pretty naive to me poster.
May 4, 2005 5:49:39 AM

I don't see MVP titles being handed out like maggots turning to flies,
these people have to earn that title over a period of consistency with the
help they give and the knowledge they have with a Microsoft product.
Joan

jane wrote:

> On what grounds or Authority do you base "your" 'comment'.?
> I have Known many many people who have titles, but only very
> few who 'knew' what they were talking about.
> Titles get handed out at the same rate as maggots turning into flies..
> its all a bunch of 'hooo haaa'.

>rest of the drivel snipped?
May 4, 2005 1:29:07 PM

In article <2EA43B21-F000-4277-8990-C8823F4928CE@microsoft.com>,
dickmr@discussions.microsoft.com, =?Utf-8?B?ZGlja21y?= says...

> Mike you gave great answers in your last several posts. ByTor and Jane are
> just a couple of complainers.

Interesting observation...........

> Man, if I was to determine which side those flamers were on in the culture
> wars it would take me two seconds.

Now I'm a flamer? Why's that? Because I have an opinion that does not
agree with yours..........Culture wars? Did not know that had anything
to do with computer troubleshooting..........

> They are screamers in an area here where people want to find answers to their sincere
> questions. Experts are the hope of many to understand their computers and
> problems with them....

Oh they are? Didn't know ya had to be an expert to still know what
you're doing...........So if I'm a "MVP" you'll listen to my suggestions
eh? Got news for ya, they're not always right...........

> those who antagonize are just mentally unsuitable to
> join the discussion.

Now I'm mentally unsuitable? Geeez, you people are very funny.....
May 4, 2005 1:29:48 PM

In article <O1Q8YsEUFHA.2172@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca, Mike Hall (MS-MVP) says...

> ByTor
>
> You are digging a larger hole for yourself..

Don't worry my bulldozer is plenty big...................
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 1:41:47 PM

No! I would still skip over your comments, even if you were an MVP, as I do
some others!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

> In article <2EA43B21-F000-4277-8990-C8823F4928CE@microsoft.com>,
> dickmr@discussions.microsoft.com, =?Utf-8?B?ZGlja21y?= says...
>
>> Mike you gave great answers in your last several posts. ByTor and Jane
>> are
>> just a couple of complainers.
>
> Interesting observation...........
>
>> Man, if I was to determine which side those flamers were on in the
>> culture
>> wars it would take me two seconds.
>
> Now I'm a flamer? Why's that? Because I have an opinion that does not
> agree with yours..........Culture wars? Did not know that had anything
> to do with computer troubleshooting..........
>
>> They are screamers in an area here where people want to find answers to
>> their sincere
>> questions. Experts are the hope of many to understand their computers
>> and
>> problems with them....
>
> Oh they are? Didn't know ya had to be an expert to still know what
> you're doing...........So if I'm a "MVP" you'll listen to my suggestions
> eh? Got news for ya, they're not always right...........
>
>> those who antagonize are just mentally unsuitable to
>> join the discussion.
>
> Now I'm mentally unsuitable? Geeez, you people are very funny.....

May 4, 2005 1:53:31 PM

In article <OagaR8KUFHA.3152@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,
richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com, Richard Urban says...

> No! I would still skip over your comments, even if you were an MVP, as I do
> some others!

I'm happy for ya...........
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 2:07:41 PM

ByTor

These newsgroups exist such that computer users have a forum to exchange
information, receive free help, ask questions, learn in a totally free
environment.. none of us are paid for what we do here..

Of course a title doesn't endow us with every single piece of knowledge..
and we do not always diagnose too well either.. mind you, when you look at
what we have to decipher at times, it is a wonder that we can help at all..
we do not claim to know it all, bur we have demonstrated a willingness to
share our knowledge, and have enough expertise that Microsoft chooses to
reward us with the title.. you might also like to know that we have to
'earn' this title yearly.. if we quit helping voluntarily, the party is
over..

Now let's take a look at your demonstration.. you denigrated the efforts of
a young child who is obviously way above average.. you should take a look at
what MCP is.. at her age, you were probably playing in dirt.. I know I was..
she has demonstrated an extraordinary ability.. good for her.. I hope that
she continues..

Then, because you didn't recognize the difference between MCP and MVP, you
aligned your attacks on us.. with your attitude to people who have not only
taken the time to learn about a subject, but freely share that knowledge,
you will never earn respect from anybody..

Why don't you give your time to help people voluntarily.. if you can't help
here, offer to straighten up an old persons front and back yard.. give them
something nice to look out on.. many old people do not have the physical
ability to do it themselves.. it feels good to do something where the only
reward is going to be a smile and a thank you.. join a local volunteer group
and contribute to society instead of picking on others because you feel that
they are to blame for your own lack of self worth..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message
> In article <2EA43B21-F000-4277-8990-C8823F4928CE@microsoft.com>,
> dickmr@discussions.microsoft.com, =?Utf-8?B?ZGlja21y?= says...
>
>> Mike you gave great answers in your last several posts. ByTor and Jane
>> are
>> just a couple of complainers.
>
> Interesting observation...........
>
>> Man, if I was to determine which side those flamers were on in the
>> culture
>> wars it would take me two seconds.
>
> Now I'm a flamer? Why's that? Because I have an opinion that does not
> agree with yours..........Culture wars? Did not know that had anything
> to do with computer troubleshooting..........
>
>> They are screamers in an area here where people want to find answers to
>> their sincere
>> questions. Experts are the hope of many to understand their computers
>> and
>> problems with them....
>
> Oh they are? Didn't know ya had to be an expert to still know what
> you're doing...........So if I'm a "MVP" you'll listen to my suggestions
> eh? Got news for ya, they're not always right...........
>
>> those who antagonize are just mentally unsuitable to
>> join the discussion.
>
> Now I'm mentally unsuitable? Geeez, you people are very funny.....

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 10:53:36 PM

Salut/Hi Mike Hall (MS-MVP),

le/on Wed, 4 May 2005 10:07:41 -0400, tu disais/you said:-

>Why don't you give your time to help people voluntarily.. if you can't help
>here, offer to straighten up an old persons front and back yard.. give them
>something nice to look out on.. many old people do not have the physical
>ability to do it themselves.. it feels good to do something where the only
>reward is going to be a smile and a thank you.. join a local volunteer group
>and contribute to society instead of picking on others because you feel that
>they are to blame for your own lack of self worth..

Very well said indeed, Mike.

I was looking with increasing disbelief at the posts from the gentleman.
--
All the Best
Ian Hoare

Well said Mike, I agree with your statement, there would be a lot of users
out there who would be completely lost without the excellent work given
here.
Joan

Mike Hall (MS-MVP) wrote:
> ByTor
>
> These newsgroups exist such that computer users have a forum to
> exchange information, receive free help, ask questions, learn in a
> totally free environment.. none of us are paid for what we do here..
>
> Of course a title doesn't endow us with every single piece of
> knowledge.. and we do not always diagnose too well either.. mind you,
> when you look at what we have to decipher at times, it is a wonder
> that we can help at all.. we do not claim to know it all, bur we have
> demonstrated a willingness to share our knowledge, and have enough
> expertise that Microsoft chooses to reward us with the title.. you
> might also like to know that we have to 'earn' this title yearly.. if
> we quit helping voluntarily, the party is over..
>
> Now let's take a look at your demonstration.. you denigrated the
> efforts of a young child who is obviously way above average.. you
> should take a look at what MCP is.. at her age, you were probably
> playing in dirt.. I know I was.. she has demonstrated an
> extraordinary ability.. good for her.. I hope that she continues..
>
> Then, because you didn't recognize the difference between MCP and
> MVP, you aligned your attacks on us.. with your attitude to people
> who have not only taken the time to learn about a subject, but freely
> share that knowledge, you will never earn respect from anybody..
>
> Why don't you give your time to help people voluntarily.. if you
> can't help here, offer to straighten up an old persons front and back
> yard.. give them something nice to look out on.. many old people do
> not have the physical ability to do it themselves.. it feels good to
> do something where the only reward is going to be a smile and a thank
> you.. join a local volunteer group and contribute to society instead
> of picking on others because you feel that they are to blame for your
> own lack of self worth..
May 5, 2005 12:11:20 PM

In article <uYlXYKLUFHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca, Mike Hall (MS-MVP) says...

> and contribute to society instead of picking on others because you feel that
> they are to blame for your own lack of self worth..

I missed this part Mike........Lack of self worth? I think that's a very
harsh & judgemental remark on your part and I feel it's definately
unfair..........I assume next I'll be labeled as the Kadiatchas of the
usenet world eh?
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:33:20 PM

Just as you have an opinion about a little girl and her accomplishment,
others can have an opinion of you and your lack of - "whatever"!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

> In article <uYlXYKLUFHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>,
> mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca, Mike Hall (MS-MVP) says...
>
>> and contribute to society instead of picking on others because you feel
>> that
>> they are to blame for your own lack of self worth..
>
> I missed this part Mike........Lack of self worth? I think that's a very
> harsh & judgemental remark on your part and I feel it's definately
> unfair..........I assume next I'll be labeled as the Kadiatchas of the
> usenet world eh?

May 5, 2005 11:04:25 PM

Interestingly you chose one comment out of a dozen to reply to. "Lack of
self worth". The shoe must fit.
ps: one with low self-esteem would be defensive and think it's "harsh and
judgmental."

"ByTor" <ByTor@snowdog.com> wrote in message

> mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca, Mike Hall (MS-MVP) says...
>> and contribute to society instead of picking on others because you feel
that
>> they are to blame for your own lack of self worth..
>
> I missed this part Mike........Lack of self worth? I think that's a very
> harsh & judgemental remark on your part and I feel it's definately
> unfair....
May 6, 2005 11:44:35 AM

In article <edpYo8cUFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
name@hotmail.invalid, K says...

> Interestingly you chose one comment out of a dozen to reply to. "Lack of
> self worth". The shoe must fit.
> ps: one with low self-esteem would be defensive and think it's "harsh and
> judgmental."

And I take it you are specializing in psychoanalysis???
May 6, 2005 1:17:23 PM

Yes. And for a modest fee I can help you to overcome your deficits for a
fuller, richer life.

> In article <edpYo8cUFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
> name@hotmail.invalid, K says...
>
>> Interestingly you chose one comment out of a dozen to reply to. "Lack of
>> self worth". The shoe must fit.
>> ps: one with low self-esteem would be defensive and think it's "harsh and
>> judgmental."
>
> And I take it you are specializing in psychoanalysis???

May 10, 2005 7:25:23 PM

> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/may05/...
>

> --

I need to come here more often. This link is no longer active, so I can't
tell how old she is. I've read the other notes, and I would like to know
more, but even a search isn't turning up any thing (there aren't a lot of
clues to search on). Is it bad netiquette to include a short quote or
overview of an article with a link, for when the link no longer works? Oh
well.

-karen
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 11:10:28 PM

It is still up here but in an abbreviated version. BTW, I searched her name
in Google!

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/72339/nine-year-old-becomes...

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"karen" <nospambugarsnotspam@ix.netcomspamnot.com> wrote in message
news:o 9Cep8aVFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/may05/...
>>

>> --
>
> I need to come here more often. This link is no longer active, so I can't
> tell how old she is. I've read the other notes, and I would like to know
> more, but even a search isn't turning up any thing (there aren't a lot of
> clues to search on). Is it bad netiquette to include a short quote or
> overview of an article with a link, for when the link no longer works? Oh
> well.
>
> -karen

May 10, 2005 11:10:29 PM

Thanks! I was about halfway through reading the thread, and wanted to know
more. I think I saw just a first name, but I couldn't find it again without
starting over at the top. I re-read some of them, and then whined instead
of searching further. :(  (sorry) Maybe a first name would have been
enough to google (with MCP and young)

"At an age when most girls are more interested in dolls than databases, nine
year old Arfa Karim Randhawa from Pakistan is something of an exception. She
has just become one of the world's Microsoft Certified Professionals (MCP)."

That's pretty cool. And we can always use more girl geeks.
-karen

> It is still up here but in an abbreviated version. BTW, I searched her
> name in Google!
>
> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/72339/nine-year-old-becomes...
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

> "karen" <nospambugarsnotspam@ix.netcomspamnot.com> wrote in message
> news:o 9Cep8aVFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>
>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/may05/...
>>>

>>> --
>>
>> I need to come here more often. This link is no longer active, so I
>> can't tell how old she is. I've read the other notes, and I would like
>> to know more, but even a search isn't turning up any thing (there aren't
>> a lot of clues to search on). Is it bad netiquette to include a short
>> quote or overview of an article with a link, for when the link no longer
>> works? Oh well.
>>
>> -karen

Anonymous
May 10, 2005 11:33:58 PM

Ah, she'll probably grow out of it and us guys will still be safe!

--

> Thanks! I was about halfway through reading the thread, and wanted to
> know more. I think I saw just a first name, but I couldn't find it again
> without starting over at the top. I re-read some of them, and then whined
> instead of searching further. :(  (sorry) Maybe a first name would have
> been enough to google (with MCP and young)
>
> "At an age when most girls are more interested in dolls than databases,
> nine year old Arfa Karim Randhawa from Pakistan is something of an
> exception. She has just become one of the world's Microsoft Certified
> Professionals (MCP)."
>
> That's pretty cool. And we can always use more girl geeks.
> -karen

>> It is still up here but in an abbreviated version. BTW, I searched her
>> name in Google!
>>
>> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/72339/nine-year-old-becomes...
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>>
>> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

>> "karen" <nospambugarsnotspam@ix.netcomspamnot.com> wrote in message
>> news:o 9Cep8aVFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> I need to come here more often. This link is no longer active, so I
>>> can't tell how old she is. I've read the other notes, and I would like
>>> to know more, but even a search isn't turning up any thing (there aren't
>>> a lot of clues to search on). Is it bad netiquette to include a short
>>> quote or overview of an article with a link, for when the link no longer
>>> works? Oh well.
>>>
>>> -karen

Anonymous
May 11, 2005 3:42:14 PM