impreza

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
I'm thinking of getting vista (again) is it still to soon or is it fine now?
I've heard xp is still better for gaming so i'm considering doing a dual boot.
if I install vista on my second drive would xp still be bootable? also does it cause any issues installing the os on the back end of a hard drive, I have a 400gb drive with 234gb patition at the front of the drive would it cause in issues installing vista after this or should I wipe my games and insall it at the start?
is the 32bit or 64bit the better option, the retail version cost to much so I would get the oem version

Solution
is the 32bit or 64bit the better option, the retail version cost to much so I would get the oem version
XP will be bootable, just set it up as dual boot (Vista will walk you through it). If you are going to keep XP available in order to run many/most/all of your programs then it can't hurt to put Vista-64 on your hard drive. You'll have a great chance to see how it runs with your existing programs and hardware.

sounds like a win-win situation to me...

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
XP will be bootable, just set it up as dual boot (Vista will walk you through it). If you are going to keep XP available in order to run many/most/all of your programs then it can't hurt to put Vista-64 on your hard drive. You'll have a great chance to see how it runs with your existing programs and hardware.

sounds like a win-win situation to me...

Solution