2 x eVGA 320mb 8800gts OCed ASC3
thermaltake toughpower 700w power supply
intel 6420 core 2 duo
2gb patriot extreme ddr2 800
samsung spinpoint 500 gb hd
lite on dvd burner
AS5
thermalright ultra 120 extreme

I am open to suggestions or comments. I am building this for college. I have a 20.1 inch monitor with a rez at 1680 x 1025 which is why i went for the 2 gts instead of the gtx since on toms they got more fps than the gtx. I am going to custom mod the case to put a side window on it and put one of the 120mm fans on the side and one of the top then use the third for the fan on the ultra. then im going to put two of the vantecs on front and two on the back. I am going to overclock the 6420 to 3.2 ghz. I went through newegg and read the reviews on everything and i only think the motherboard didnt have a 5 egg rating. I am not concerned about the noise, all i care about is the temps which is why i have the fan controllers so i can keep the fans on max at all times. So what do you guys think?

scoot241

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
Everything looks good, except for the Intel part,lol.

Pay no attention to that; Intel's the way to go right now.

People are going to tell you that AS5 isn't the stuff to use anymore. I can't remember the name of the TIM right now, but I've used AS5 for years and it's always done well for me.

I've read the ASC3 fan doesn't do any better than the regular eVGA 8800 GTS fan, so if you're buying the ASC3 because of the different fan, then save some money and just get the Superclocked. I do believe the ASC3 has a slightly higher clock than the SC though.

Everything else looks good to me.