Sign in with
Your question
Solved

vista upgrade

Last response: in Windows Vista
April 23, 2007 6:31:23 AM

i just got the vista upgrade and want to know if any body out there upgraded without putting in there key code and if vista worked good for you if you reinstalled vista and entered your key code to do a clean install.
does it matter!!!!if i do install vista and it dont work good how can i easily go back to xp.i only have 1 hard drive so i cant dual boot RIGHT?

More about : vista upgrade

Best solution

April 26, 2007 3:31:50 PM

You can repartition your drive and add yet another partition for your Vista installation. Then you can install the Vista on that your new partition to begin working in the dual-boot mode. Don't forget and do not install Windows XP after installing Windows Vista or Windows XP will overwrite Vista bootfiles and you will need to use fixboot. You can run Vista for free within the 30-day period without activation if you will not put your key during the setup.
April 28, 2007 12:11:12 AM

Quote:
i just got the vista upgrade and want to know if any body out there upgraded without putting in there key code and if vista worked good for you if you reinstalled vista and entered your key code to do a clean install.

That's how I installed my upgrade version. Been using Vista for 2 months now, no problems.
m
l
!