Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Msconfig % Services.msc troubles.

Tags:
  • Msconfig
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
April 24, 2007 6:48:16 PM

So 2 days ago, I followed a guide to reduce memory load, stopping services. I can't figure out why I can't run tracert, or for that matter, why it's taking longer for my Windows services to load up. Is there a way I can change the "Stopped" in MSCONFIG under various applications in the "Services" tab? I REALLY don't want to reformat.. I also disabled and re-enabled system restore... but that didn't seem to help. Any help is much appreciated, as I was trying to fix this problem and research it for about 4 hours total. I don't know what to think now.

My hardware is fine, I just disabled a BUNCH of windows services that I thought would improve my load time. I'm clueless what to do now :|

More about : msconfig services msc troubles

April 24, 2007 8:48:39 PM

I think the quickest way to fix your "fixes" is to use system restore to a date before you made changes.
April 24, 2007 9:11:53 PM

Is there a way to recover lost restore points if you disabled and renabled system restore through services.msc?
Related resources
April 24, 2007 9:19:44 PM

I think your best answer for that would be the microsoft searchable database for your OS. I've never needed to do that so I have no experience on that point.

try www.support.microsoft.com or google "restore points".
April 25, 2007 6:59:44 PM

if you know the service then its very simple

right click my computer>manage>services and applications>services>here locate the service right click it>properties then choose the desired start:

manual
auto
disabled

here you can also just click on start and start a session now ;)