"Safely remove hardware" icon query

Blair

I have an icon which appears alongside the programmes which are running and
states "Safely remove hardware" and when I click on it I get the following
USB Smart Media Adapter, Manufacturer Microtech International.
I don't recognise this item so can I remove it ?

Blair

Could this be your USB printer with a (camera) Memory card reader?
Turn off the printer, does it go away?
Anything else plugged into a USB port?

"Blair" wrote:

> I have an icon which appears alongside the programmes which are running and
> states "Safely remove hardware" and when I click on it I get the following
> USB Smart Media Adapter, Manufacturer Microtech International.
> I don't recognise this item so can I remove it ?
>
> Blair

I suggest that you leave it alone and don't use it. Using it will
disable all of your USB ports.
On Tue, 3 May 2005 16:58:23 +0100, "Blair"
<pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>I have an icon which appears alongside the programmes which are running and
>states "Safely remove hardware" and when I click on it I get the following
>USB Smart Media Adapter, Manufacturer Microtech International.
>I don't recognise this item so can I remove it ?
>
>Blair

It doesn't do thaat on my machine. It catches up on any writing to the
particular device so that you can remove it without losing anything.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Dick Reuben" <dickre@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I suggest that you leave it alone and don't use it. Using it will
> disable all of your USB ports.
> On Tue, 3 May 2005 16:58:23 +0100, "Blair"
> <pabm@brachd.fsnet.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>
>>I have an icon which appears alongside the programmes which are running
>>and
>>states "Safely remove hardware" and when I click on it I get the following
>>USB Smart Media Adapter, Manufacturer Microtech International.
>>I don't recognise this item so can I remove it ?
>>
>>Blair

Blair

I have a card reader for my camera. I assume that will be it.
Why it is showing this is a mystery.I will have to just ignore it
Blair