Uninstall Problem

tomg1986

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Hi,
I have a copy of BF 2142 on one of my systems which I want to remove however when i try to uninstall the uninstall shield opens for a split second & instantly closes, the same thing happens if i try to install a new copy, but it only happens with bf2142! Ive tried starting in safe mode & starting windows without most of the startup items & haven't got anywhere so if anybodies got any ideas that would be great, thanks
Tom

dortmund371

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
cracked versions always lead to trouble. you might have a problem. be honest( dont worry i have cracked software dont feel guilty :D ) wipe the hard drive

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
I love the unlocker it is great but how does it help with uninstalling?

It's been a really long time since I used it and for some reason I thought I used it when I was having problems uninstalling a program but after taking a second look at it,I likely used it to delete a folder after installation. Glad you caught it.

riser

Illustrious
cracked versions always lead to trouble. you might have a problem. be honest( dont worry i have cracked software dont feel guilty :D ) wipe the hard drive

I'm fairly sure this is some of the worst advice ever given in order to resolve something. 8O

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006

I'm fairly sure this is some of the worst advice ever given in order to resolve something. 8O

Not sure the advice is that bad. Number of years ago I had a cracked version of a program that I eventually bought and the only way I could install the legit version was to do a fresh install of Windows. Why I no longer fool around with cracks. :D

riser

Illustrious
Need to run through the registry and pull out everything it added in.

I ran into that problem a few times.. pull out the reg files and unregister any DDLs that weren't deleted because of your crack. Its a pain, but you can get around it.

I don't believe I've ever had to wipe a computer because of viruses or problems like that.. I can't really remember ever needing to wipe a computer for any reason, unless at work when I had images to work with. 10 minute image or 1 hour troubleshooting? :)

tomg1986

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
hey everyone thanks for your replies, it is a legitimate version, so not sure what the problem is but ill most probable just wipe the hard drive.

TRENDING THREADS