Booting up Windows XP from OS menu

I had to reinstall Windows XP on my computer, which seemed to work, but now I
can't get it to boot up without showing me what I think is the OS menu and I
don't know what option I should choose (safe mode, enable boot logging,
debugging mode, etc.) to get out of that menu screen and get the computer to
start up normally again.
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about booting windows menu

    Hi, sfmonty.

    There are at least a couple of ways:

    1. On that OS menu, choose Start Normally. This menu should not appear on
    subsequent reboots. If it does...

    2. Start | Run, enter msconfig.exe. On the General tab, make sure Normal
    Startup is selected, then OK.

    If the OS menu still appears on reboots, move on to...

    3. System Properties | Advanced | Startup and Recovery \ Settings. In the
    top of this window, select your default. If the choice is not obvious, you
    may need to click the Edit button. This will open C:\boot.ini in Notepad so
    that you can edit it. You have a lot of power with this method, but you
    might want to choose the first method if you don't understand the Boot.ini
    options. Or see an explanation of Boot.ini in this page from the online
    version of the WinXP Resource Kit (URLs don't always land on the RK page I
    expect, but it's in Chapter 28,Troubleshooting Startup):
    Reviewing and Correcting Boot.ini Settings on x86-based Systems
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmc_str_jyof.asp

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "sfmonty" <sfmonty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I had to reinstall Windows XP on my computer, which seemed to work, but now
    > can't get it to boot up without showing me what I think is the OS menu and
    > don't know what option I should choose (safe mode, enable boot logging,
    > debugging mode, etc.) to get out of that menu screen and get the computer
    > start up normally again.
    > Thanks

Computers Boot Microsoft Windows XP