Just wondering what peoples opinions would be on whether I should buy VBS or
wait for AA? The money side of things does not worry me too much and I have
often thought about getting VBS for some time now. But I have also heard that
AA is supposed to be better and will include some of the additional features
of VBS, all in the same package. I haven't seen release dates for AA either so
it could be some wait.

Wait for ArmA.

--Uzi

"Memnoch" <memnoch@nospampleaseimbritish.ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering what peoples opinions would be on whether I should buy VBS
> or
> wait for AA? The money side of things does not worry me too much and I
> have
> often thought about getting VBS for some time now. But I have also heard
> that
> AA is supposed to be better and will include some of the additional
> features
> of VBS, all in the same package. I haven't seen release dates for AA
> either so
> it could be some wait.

mort

Memnoch wrote:
> Just wondering what peoples opinions would be on whether I should buy VBS or
> wait for AA? The money side of things does not worry me too much and I have
> often thought about getting VBS for some time now. But I have also heard that
> AA is supposed to be better and will include some of the additional features
> of VBS, all in the same package. I haven't seen release dates for AA either so
> it could be some wait.

I have VBS1 with all the addons. It's good. I like messing about with it
BUT you need to have a serious (pathological?) addiction to OFP to
justify the massive extra cost. You need to be really into it. You can't
just buy the core VBS pack and get into a game. To play VBS MP you need
ALL the addon packs and the choice of MP servers is not exactly
extensive because of the relatively tiny player base. Having said that
you will get to play MP with ppl who know what they're about.

"Mort" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
> Memnoch wrote:
>> Just wondering what peoples opinions would be on whether I should buy VBS
>> or
>> wait for AA? The money side of things does not worry me too much and I
>> have
>> often thought about getting VBS for some time now. But I have also heard
>> that
>> AA is supposed to be better and will include some of the additional
>> features
>> of VBS, all in the same package. I haven't seen release dates for AA
>> either so
>> it could be some wait.
>
> I have VBS1 with all the addons. It's good. I like messing about with it
> BUT you need to have a serious (pathological?) addiction to OFP to justify
> the massive extra cost. You need to be really into it. You can't

Pathological just about describes the players :)

> just buy the core VBS pack and get into a game. To play VBS MP you need
> ALL the addon packs and the choice of MP servers is not exactly extensive
> because of the relatively tiny player base. Having said that you will get
> to play MP with ppl who know what they're about.

<fap>

> Pathological just about describes the players :)

lol

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:43:31 +0000 (UTC), Mort <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org>
wrote:

>Memnoch wrote:
>> Just wondering what peoples opinions would be on whether I should buy VBS or
>> wait for AA? The money side of things does not worry me too much and I have
>> often thought about getting VBS for some time now. But I have also heard that
>> AA is supposed to be better and will include some of the additional features
>> of VBS, all in the same package. I haven't seen release dates for AA either so
>> it could be some wait.
>
>I have VBS1 with all the addons. It's good. I like messing about with it
>BUT you need to have a serious (pathological?) addiction to OFP to
>justify the massive extra cost. You need to be really into it. You can't
>just buy the core VBS pack and get into a game. To play VBS MP you need
>ALL the addon packs and the choice of MP servers is not exactly
>extensive because of the relatively tiny player base. Having said that
>you will get to play MP with ppl who know what they're about.

I've heard that about MP servers before. Are you saying that every single MP
server out there is running all addons? Even the recently released Artillery
one?

"Liddle Feesh" <Sorry-NoSpam> wrote in message
> "Mort" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
>> Memnoch wrote:
>>> Just wondering what peoples opinions would be on whether I should buy
>>> VBS or
>>> wait for AA? The money side of things does not worry me too much and I
>>> have
>>> often thought about getting VBS for some time now. But I have also heard
>>> that
>>> AA is supposed to be better and will include some of the additional
>>> features
>>> of VBS, all in the same package. I haven't seen release dates for AA
>>> either so
>>> it could be some wait.
>>
>> I have VBS1 with all the addons. It's good. I like messing about with it
>> BUT you need to have a serious (pathological?) addiction to OFP to
>> justify the massive extra cost. You need to be really into it. You can't
>
> Pathological just about describes the players :)

;O)

--
Kango <TZW>

"Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Pathological just about describes the players :)
>
> lol

Indeed, the ones still playing at 3am are only *slightly* pathological :p

<fap>

mort

Memnoch wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:43:31 +0000 (UTC), Mort <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org>
> wrote:
>

>>Memnoch wrote:
>>
>>>Just wondering what peoples opinions would be on whether I should buy VBS or
>>>wait for AA? The money side of things does not worry me too much and I have
>>>often thought about getting VBS for some time now. But I have also heard that
>>>AA is supposed to be better and will include some of the additional features
>>>of VBS, all in the same package. I haven't seen release dates for AA either so
>>>it could be some wait.
>>
>>I have VBS1 with all the addons. It's good. I like messing about with it
>>BUT you need to have a serious (pathological?) addiction to OFP to
>>justify the massive extra cost. You need to be really into it. You can't
>>just buy the core VBS pack and get into a game. To play VBS MP you need
>>ALL the addon packs and the choice of MP servers is not exactly
>>extensive because of the relatively tiny player base. Having said that
>>you will get to play MP with ppl who know what they're about.
>

> I've heard that about MP servers before. Are you saying that every single MP
> server out there is running all addons? Even the recently released Artillery
> one?

All addons apart from the Artillery addon- definitely.
I think some servers may have the Artillery addon but I'm not sure
because I haven't played much MP recently. I will ask the server admins
on the VBS forum and try to find out for you.

mort

Mort wrote:
> Memnoch wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:43:31 +0000 (UTC), Mort <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org>
>> wrote:

>>> I have VBS1 with all the addons. It's good. I like messing about with
>>> it BUT you need to have a serious (pathological?) addiction to OFP to
>>> justify the massive extra cost. You need to be really into it. You
>>> can't just buy the core VBS pack and get into a game. To play VBS MP
>>> you need ALL the addon packs and the choice of MP servers is not
>>> exactly extensive because of the relatively tiny player base. Having
>>> said that you will get to play MP with ppl who know what they're about.
>>

>> I've heard that about MP servers before. Are you saying that every
>> single MP
>> server out there is running all addons? Even the recently released
>> Artillery
>> one?
>

> All addons apart from the Artillery addon- definitely.
> I think some servers may have the Artillery addon but I'm not sure
> because I haven't played much MP recently. I will ask the server admins
> on the VBS forum and try to find out for you.

@Memnoch

Further to that re VBS. You can do without the Arty Addon at the moment
although you may get booted from an occasional MP game if you don't have
it. It looks as though there are not many or likely to be many MP
missions that include it.

You will need all the other official addons though. And there are a
stack of very nice unofficial addons you can d/l from the VBS resource
site as well once you have the simulation.

Its a lot of money to spend on shooting electrons though. You need to
have a serious think about whether you can really justify the cost.
Caveat Emptor