Best HDTV to get...LCoS? DLP?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
December 8, 2004 2:51:25 AM

I may be taking my projection back to Best Buy due to lamp issues.

I would like to know...what is the best HDTV set to get for longevity? I
heard the new LCoS units are not susceptible to burn-in like plasmas are.
What about DLP? I heard its pretty good. Anyone have any ideas?
I would like to have at least 50", but 46 or 48 would do.

Thanks,
CJ

More about : hdtv lcos dlp

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 4:36:45 AM

Probably the best hdtv to get as far as longivity is concerned is a LCD
monitor. but as far as perferences is concerned I prefer DLP for the quality
of the picture.

"CJ" <chrisj@illicom.net> wrote in message
>I may be taking my projection back to Best Buy due to lamp issues.
>
> I would like to know...what is the best HDTV set to get for longevity? I
> heard the new LCoS units are not susceptible to burn-in like plasmas are.
> What about DLP? I heard its pretty good. Anyone have any ideas?
> I would like to have at least 50", but 46 or 48 would do.
>
> Thanks,
> CJ

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 10:37:26 AM

Careful with DLP...don't know how much research you've done but make
sure you look into the "rainbow effect". While researching DLP vs. LCD
a friend of mine told me about it. He asked me if I could see people's
monitors in my office that were still set to a 60hz refresh rate. I
said yes...to which he told me that I better sit down in front of a DLP
and really pay attention. Sure enough, I saw the "rainbows"....it has
something to do with the color wheel etc. etc. punch DLP vs. LCD into
Google for more info. The problem is, not only is it annoying, it
apparently can lead to headaches.

For the record, I went with LCD projection....Got a great deal on the
Panasonic PT-60LCX63. Really happy so far...especially with HDTV
performance.

--DF
Anonymous
December 24, 2004 8:01:11 AM

In article <1102520246.256659.280030@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
stini777@optonline.net says...
> Careful with DLP...don't know how much research you've done but make
> sure you look into the "rainbow effect". While researching DLP vs. LCD
But as far as longevity... Don't know but I think LCOS. Then maybe DLP.
LCD does DOES have some problems as do CRT's. Plasma, at least in the
past, has the most "longevity" problems.

Now all sorts of other arguments kick in for each on other issues.
Rainbow on DLP. Weak blacks on LCOS. Etc.
!