Case fan installation...

stefan_tgz

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2007
My PC is in a Antec NSK6500. It's got a 120mm rear fan but I still get high temps on my E6400. I finally found some Antec TriCool fans to buy and I did. One 80mm and one 92mm.

The 80mm goes on top of the CPU, right side of the case. It needs to be installed so that it blows air OUT of the case. Right?

Now... the 92 mm goes in the front of the case, in the area next to the reset button. Do I need to set it up to blow air into the case or out of the case? If it blows air into the case, then that air will pe pushed out the back by the orther fan and there will be a cold air flow right over the HDD, motherboard and CPU. Right? Or do they all need to blow air out of the case?

Couldn't find anything on this with google...

mak1skav

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Yes you have to set the fan in the front of your case to blow air into the case. As you said already the front fan will pull air this air will pass through your computer components and then it will go out from the rear fan. Be careful with your fans choice cause 80mm and 92mm fans most time produce high dbs of noise.

stefan_tgz

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2007
k, 10x! I set the front fan and the "chasis air guide" one to bloow into the case.

No noticeable noise... they are Antec Tricools set at the lowest rpm.