how do i save a screen shot?

I can't remember how to do this... I want to save the current screen as a
jpeg (or other image file). Thanks for the help.
5 answers Last reply
More about save screen shot

    To save the entire screen, press Print Scrn and then paste into your
    favorite graphics editing program. To save just the currently active
    window dialog, press Alt+Print Screen.

    Brian Bygland

    "brent mydland" <brent mydland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:2B44E5D7-05BC-47F1-9655-C1095751F87A@microsoft.com...

    brent mydland wrote:
    > I can't remember how to do this... I want to save the current screen as a
    > jpeg (or other image file). Thanks for the help.

    Pressing the <PrtScn> key copies the entire display to the
    clipboard. Pressing <ALT>+<PrtScn> copies only the active Window to
    the clipboard (iow, into RAM). To view the screen capture, open a
    graphics program, such as MS Paint, and press <CTRL>+V. This will
    paste the contents of the clipboard (your screenshot) into the open
    file, and allow you to view it or save it as a file for later use.

    How to Capture Screen Shots in Windows Using the Print Screen Key
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173884

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    There's a free, nifty, little, utility, (Printkey2000), here,
    http://www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?ID=292 . Once it's installed,
    just click on the icon and it automatically captures whatever is currently
    on your screen.

    --
    Curt,

    'The way is open to those who would see'
    "brent mydland" <brent mydland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I can't remember how to do this... I want to save the current screen as a
    > jpeg (or other image file). Thanks for the help.

    PrintScrn button (near the Pause/Break and Scroll Lock Key) but depends on
    your K/bd layout.

    "brent mydland" <brent mydland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I can't remember how to do this... I want to save the current screen as a
    > jpeg (or other image file). Thanks for the help.

    Some links to some screen capture programs if you're interested:-

    http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm PrintKey 2000
    http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/screenhunter.htm
    http://www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp

    brent mydland wrote:
    > I can't remember how to do this... I want to save the current screen
    > as a jpeg (or other image file). Thanks for the help.

Microsoft Windows XP