rahvyn13

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
Hi All;

Having an issue with Windows XP Pro SP2. When the pc is booted, it gets to the Windows Logo screen, then goes black and doesnt go any further. Originally the PC had Windows XP Home edition running, and ran into this same problem. I replaced the CMOS battery (thought it might help, but didnt), and got a new harddrive, dropped it in, and loaded Windows XP Pro on it. Ran fine for about 2 weeks, then this started happening again. Anyone ran into this before?

Its using an ASUS A78NX (or something along those lines, forget the actual name) NForce 3 board, AMD Athlon CPU, ATI 9200 vid card, 1 Gig of Corsair memory, and a decent powersupply. I dont think its a hardware problem, but I'm unsure what to check, and why this would happen on multiple OS's. I have an anti-virus prog installed, and its running behind a firewall. Not sure what else to check on this. Any suggestion are appreciated.

Thanks

rahvyn13

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
Think I may have figured it out. Havent tried it yet, but the pc is running an ATI 9200, and if I remember correctly, I installed the latest Catalyst drivers, which I have heard can cause this. But yes, safe mode it is.