problem help...Bio`s (hardware ?)

shoes54

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
i have a asus A8NX 1.0 board
with a 3700 cpu 2 gig ram winfast 7300gt card
i can`t get past begining post that pops up saying the type of board

i have taken the battery out and switched the jumpers for the reccomended 10-20 seconds to clear the cmos

this IS a replacment board of the same model using the the same hardrive from the previous board again same model number

what can i do to get into the bio`s i`m stumped

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If clearing the CMOS didn't do it, I'd try a BIOS update using the Floppy. The alternative would be to disconnect everything and see if you can get into the BIOS. If you have to sticks of RAM, try each one at a time. If you have more than one hard drive, try one at a time.

shoes54

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
thank you but, it did not work

here`s an odd thing the motherboard is only partialy recognizing the key board......meaning
when i hit number lock NO lighton key board.....but when powering up machine the keyboard will blink the number lock and scroll lock

i get no BEEPS from board for errors plus i DO NOT HAVE A floppy conected to the system

i can hit "delete" and it says "entering set up " but STOPS there
i can hit F8 and it says "loading boot menu" but stops there

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Really sounds like a BIOS problem given you keyboard is recognized if when you hit delete you get the message it's entering the BIOS. I don't know if you can do a BIOS update off a USB Flash Drive, you'd have to check the motherboard support site to find out. Floppy drives are about $7 or $8 at newegg, probably more at a local brick and mortar. If you can't do a BIOS update or it doesn't work, I'd RMA the board if it's still under warranty. As for the number lock on the keyboard, not sure how that is affected by the numlock settings in the BIOS. I know the consensus seems to be that Floppy drives are old tech and unneeded but when you run into problems like this, they seem to be the only answer, which is why I also install a Floppy drive.