HELP: Desktop Picture needs to be removed

My son was mad at me, and he has placed an offensive picture as my background
(wallpaper). I can't delete it...I have:
1) Tried to find the picture in Control Panel, Appearances and themes, and
scrolled through the Desktop to see if I counld find it...no luck.
2) I found the offensive .jpg in the synchronization manager for off-line
pages...unchecked the box for synchronizing...picture is still there.
3) I tried sreaching for the above .jpg file on my computer and couldn't
find it.

When I tried to change the desktop image through #1 above to an acceptable
image, the desired image flickers onto the screen, but the the one I'm trying
to delete comes back and "overrides" it

I'm stumped...please help!

homefry wrote:
> My son was mad at me, and he has placed an offensive picture as my
> background (wallpaper). I can't delete it...I have:
> 1) Tried to find the picture in Control Panel, Appearances and
> themes, and scrolled through the Desktop to see if I counld find
> it...no luck. 2) I found the offensive .jpg in the synchronization
> manager for off-line pages...unchecked the box for
> synchronizing...picture is still there. 3) I tried sreaching for the
> above .jpg file on my computer and couldn't find it.
>
> When I tried to change the desktop image through #1 above to an
> acceptable image, the desired image flickers onto the screen, but the
> the one I'm trying to delete comes back and "overrides" it
>
> I'm stumped...please help!

Leave the photo there as a reminder that you are an ineffectual parent and
your son is out of control. Don't let him in your house unless he is willing
to tell you over the phone how to remove the photo.

Thanks for the therapy...where do I send the check?

So..anyone wish to contribute constructive advice?

"T. Waters" wrote:

> homefry wrote:
> > My son was mad at me, and he has placed an offensive picture as my
> > background (wallpaper). I can't delete it...I have:
> > 1) Tried to find the picture in Control Panel, Appearances and
> > themes, and scrolled through the Desktop to see if I counld find
> > it...no luck. 2) I found the offensive .jpg in the synchronization
> > manager for off-line pages...unchecked the box for
> > synchronizing...picture is still there. 3) I tried sreaching for the
> > above .jpg file on my computer and couldn't find it.
> >
> > When I tried to change the desktop image through #1 above to an
> > acceptable image, the desired image flickers onto the screen, but the
> > the one I'm trying to delete comes back and "overrides" it
> >
> > I'm stumped...please help!
>
> Leave the photo there as a reminder that you are an ineffectual parent and
> your son is out of control. Don't let him in your house unless he is willing
> to tell you over the phone how to remove the photo.

In news:1B21EA5E-86A9-4E9A-A09A-06D0ABBA5F24@microsoft.com,
homefry <homefry@discussions.microsoft.com> did some thinking and came up
with these words:
> My son was mad at me, and he has placed an offensive picture as my
> background (wallpaper). I can't delete it...I have:
> 1) Tried to find the picture in Control Panel, Appearances and
> themes, and scrolled through the Desktop to see if I counld find
> it...no luck. 2) I found the offensive .jpg in the synchronization
> manager for off-line pages...unchecked the box for
> synchronizing...picture is still there. 3) I tried sreaching for the
> above .jpg file on my computer and couldn't find it.
>
> When I tried to change the desktop image through #1 above to an
> acceptable image, the desired image flickers onto the screen, but the
> the one I'm trying to delete comes back and "overrides" it
>
> I'm stumped...please help!

Right click on desktop - Choose Properties - Desktop - choose a new
picture - click on OK

--
Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
Associate Expert

"Ron Bogart" wrote:

> In news:1B21EA5E-86A9-4E9A-A09A-06D0ABBA5F24@microsoft.com,
> homefry <homefry@discussions.microsoft.com> did some thinking and came up
> with these words:
> > My son was mad at me, and he has placed an offensive picture as my
> > background (wallpaper). I can't delete it...I have:
> > 1) Tried to find the picture in Control Panel, Appearances and
> > themes, and scrolled through the Desktop to see if I counld find
> > it...no luck. 2) I found the offensive .jpg in the synchronization
> > manager for off-line pages...unchecked the box for
> > synchronizing...picture is still there. 3) I tried sreaching for the
> > above .jpg file on my computer and couldn't find it.
> >
> > When I tried to change the desktop image through #1 above to an
> > acceptable image, the desired image flickers onto the screen, but the
> > the one I'm trying to delete comes back and "overrides" it
> >
> > I'm stumped...please help!
>
> Right click on desktop - Choose Properties - Desktop - choose a new
> picture - click on OK
>
> --
> Ron Bogart {} ô¿ô¬
> Associate Expert
> Lovin life on Mercer Island 8^)
> "Life is what happens while we are making other plans."
> In memory of a true friend, MVP Alex Nichol (1935-2005)
>

> YES! Ron just told you how to do it correctly, since it appears you have already
gone through therapy! ha ha When you right click your desktop and choose
properties and then screen saver, use the drop down arrow to see your
picture choices. You can choose one you like, but note the name of the
offending picture
which should be on the list. You can then do a 'search' for it, find it,
print it out,
delete it from the computer. And then put the offending picture on the
wall in his room just before his friends come over! Good luck.

Does he have his own computer. I think NOT. He can't use yours until he puts
your computer back to the way it was. You CAN install a key switch in the
power line that will prevent him from even turning on the computer.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"homefry" <homefry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the therapy...where do I send the check?
>
> So..anyone wish to contribute constructive advice?
>
> "T. Waters" wrote:
>
>> homefry wrote:
>> > My son was mad at me, and he has placed an offensive picture as my
>> > background (wallpaper). I can't delete it...I have:
>> > 1) Tried to find the picture in Control Panel, Appearances and
>> > themes, and scrolled through the Desktop to see if I counld find
>> > it...no luck. 2) I found the offensive .jpg in the synchronization
>> > manager for off-line pages...unchecked the box for
>> > synchronizing...picture is still there. 3) I tried sreaching for the
>> > above .jpg file on my computer and couldn't find it.
>> >
>> > When I tried to change the desktop image through #1 above to an
>> > acceptable image, the desired image flickers onto the screen, but the
>> > the one I'm trying to delete comes back and "overrides" it
>> >
>> > I'm stumped...please help!
>>
>> Leave the photo there as a reminder that you are an ineffectual parent
>> and
>> your son is out of control. Don't let him in your house unless he is
>> willing
>> to tell you over the phone how to remove the photo.

Well...in the short term I figured out my dilemma...I was able to drag the
picture down and close the image, replaced it with a "tranquil" MS standard
background<g>

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Does he have his own computer. I think NOT. He can't use yours until he puts
> your computer back to the way it was. You CAN install a key switch in the
> power line that will prevent him from even turning on the computer.
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> "homefry" <homefry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the therapy...where do I send the check?
> >
> > So..anyone wish to contribute constructive advice?

> >> Leave the photo there as a reminder that you are an ineffectual parent
> >> and
> >> your son is out of control. Don't let him in your house unless he is
> >> willing
> >> to tell you over the phone how to remove the photo.

I appreciate all the help...I guess it was a good thing that desktops weren't
around when I was a teenager!!!!