How to set up windowxp, wmp9 changed to wmp10 properly?

May 4, 2005 5:21:03 AM

I am a beginner n urgently need some advices. My new notebook stored
windowxp home chinese with wmp9 build-in. I upgraded to wmp10 and then
deleted "windows media player" from the design, add and remove file and found
my wmp doesn't work anymore. It reads "file wmplayer.exe edition no.
9.0.0.3250, but it should be 10.0.0.3646. wmp had not properly setup."

I downloaded wmp9 (8.81MB) again from the web as instructed but the
notebook say I had a newer edition already and refused to setup. My
C:/program file/wmp has right now 2x setup_wm.exe (800KB)10.0.0.3646, 1x
wmplayer.exe (72KB)9.0.0.3250, 1x WMSETSDK.exe (800KB)10.0.0.3646 and 1x
mplayer2.exe (4.53KB)6.4.9.1125 but I can not open all to see movie or to
listen to musicas before.

Though I tried, my system recovery is closed when I delete wmp. I also
tried to use product recovery CD to refresh the system but the notebook say I
have already the lastest window xp, it needs no refreshment. I do not want
to recover windowxp. What was wrong with it? How should I do to setup
properly?

I should be grateful for yr prompt attention.
I may be contaced at gouchy05@hotmail.com.
rgds,
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 9:53:35 PM

gouchy <gouchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am a beginner n urgently need some advices. My new notebook stored
>windowxp home chinese with wmp9 build-in. I upgraded to wmp10 and then
>deleted "windows media player" from the design, add and remove file and found
>my wmp doesn't work anymore. It reads "file wmplayer.exe edition no.
>9.0.0.3250, but it should be 10.0.0.3646. wmp had not properly setup."

If you do not get further help from here, post this to

--
(tm)
May 9, 2005 2:29:58 PM

On Sat, 07 May 2005 17:53:35 +0200, Thorsten Matzner
<tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote:

>gouchy <gouchy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I am a beginner n urgently need some advices. My new notebook stored
>>windowxp home chinese with wmp9 build-in. I upgraded to wmp10 and then
>>deleted "windows media player" from the design, add and remove file and found
>>my wmp doesn't work anymore. It reads "file wmplayer.exe edition no.
>>9.0.0.3250, but it should be 10.0.0.3646. wmp had not properly setup."
>
>If you do not get further help from here, post this to

I installed Media Player 10 and found it lacked a key feature
that was in Media Player 9.

I used System Restore (it is in System Tools) to restore the computer
to a date prior to installing Media Player 10.

Media Player 9 could then be installed.

Steve
!