Bought Vista Ultimate for 400 bucks Full retail version...

bkieft

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I opened it tried to install it on my current box to find out that my motherboard won't support it so I put my OEM XP copy back on it. My question is this. do you guys think I could resell the Retail license of full vista ultimate and get at least half back or more or should i just keep it and save it when I do build a machine? Because right now I think the Vista ultimate OEM licenses are what 185 or so? That is probably what I'l get when I build a box unless I just keep this retail license.

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
If you are expecting to upgrade your rig in 1 year or less, keep it (you'll end up putting the money back out that you receive for it). If you are thinking it will be 1 year+, sell it because the prices should be incredibly low by then due to rumors of the next MS client OS circulating by then (currently planned for release in 2010).

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
Considering it was already in development months before Vista was released, I think you'd be surprised. They are already placing the improved Longhorn tools and improvements that were not released in time for Vista.

iwannaknow1

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
lol i bought vista ultimate for $45 at microsoft store (redmond, wa)

I am a senior in high school and i went on a field trip to microsoft and i was giving employee discount at their store. (office 2k7 pro was only $75)

good ole school benefits

dblD

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
:lol: Don't feel too hot, I legally bought office 2k7 Enterprise for S&H ($20). After you've been out of school for a while you'll figure out that there is always someone who gets the better deal (I expect someone will announce that they legally got it for $6; picked it up themselves).

--DD

tool

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
I would think you can still sell it. Put it on Ebay, see what happens. For future reference, I bought Vista Ultimate, Retail version for $289 at http://viosoftware.com/

dblD

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
I would think you can still sell it. Put it on Ebay, see what happens. For future reference, I bought Vista Ultimate, Retail version for $289 at http://viosoftware.com/

That is a great price... currently they are selling 66r-00002 (the official, full retail sku) for 309.99. That is around a %24 discount!

Did you have any problems with them? If you got that one (66r-00002) for $289 - you made out like a bandit (good job!).

--DD

tool

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2004
Yes, I got the full retail version, 66R-00002. Installed without problems. I received 2 disks, 32-bit and 64-bit. I installed the 64-bit version. I put up another post about the problems I had, but I narrowed it down to the Intel RAID monitoring software. Once I uninstalled that, no problems. Anyways, it was was a good deal, I will see what happens when Vista tries to authenticate it in 3 days automatically. Will keep you posted...