V551 - I Give Up - Where's The Speaker Button?

I have read the manual. I have searched the phone. For the life of
me I can't find out how to turn the speakerphone on. The manual
describes a Speaker button. But where?
5 answers Last reply
More about v551 give where speaker button

    Dick wrote:
    > I have read the manual. I have searched the phone. For the life of
    > me I can't find out how to turn the speakerphone on. The manual
    > describes a Speaker button. But where?
    When your in a call the Right Soft Key should say Speaker. Push It and
    the speaker will turn on. Hope this helps

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:34:29 -0500, SKasap <skasap@be11south.net>
    wrote:

    >Dick wrote:
    >> I have read the manual. I have searched the phone. For the life of
    >> me I can't find out how to turn the speakerphone on. The manual
    >> describes a Speaker button. But where?
    >When your in a call the Right Soft Key should say Speaker. Push It and
    >the speaker will turn on. Hope this helps

    OK. Thanks. I will try that. Another poster said to push the answer
    button. I'll try both. :-)

    "Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
    | On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 22:34:29 -0500, SKasap <skasap@be11south.net>
    | wrote:
    |
    | >Dick wrote:
    | >> I have read the manual. I have searched the phone. For the life of
    | >> me I can't find out how to turn the speakerphone on. The manual
    | >> describes a Speaker button. But where?
    | >When your in a call the Right Soft Key should say Speaker. Push It and
    | >the speaker will turn on. Hope this helps
    |
    | OK. Thanks. I will try that. Another poster said to push the answer
    | button. I'll try both. :-)

    It should be the right soft Key. It says "Speaker" during a call.

    On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 22:31:38 -0500, Dick wrote
    (in article <3e3kt0pv5eq6r4be41omtrh42l1vrl600u@4ax.com>):

    > I have read the manual. I have searched the phone. For the life of
    > me I can't find out how to turn the speakerphone on. The manual
    > describes a Speaker button. But where?

    Dick,

    I happened to stumble upon it (speakerphone).
    When you call a person on the V551 the upper
    right button ( it's called the right soft key above the camera button)
    becomes the speakerphone button. This button is only
    active as a speakerphone button when you have call and are talking on the
    phone.

    I hope that helps. The V551 manual is poor and a
    disappointment.

    Joe

    On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 01:25:19 -0500, jmarkiw@mac.com wrote:

    >On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 22:31:38 -0500, Dick wrote
    >(in article <3e3kt0pv5eq6r4be41omtrh42l1vrl600u@4ax.com>):
    >
    >> I have read the manual. I have searched the phone. For the life of
    >> me I can't find out how to turn the speakerphone on. The manual
    >> describes a Speaker button. But where?
    >
    >Dick,
    >
    >I happened to stumble upon it (speakerphone).
    >When you call a person on the V551 the upper
    >right button ( it's called the right soft key above the camera button)
    >becomes the speakerphone button. This button is only
    >active as a speakerphone button when you have call and are talking on the
    >phone.
    >
    >I hope that helps. The V551 manual is poor and a
    >disappointment.
    >
    >Joe

    Yes, you were right. I was looking for an actual "key" as stated in
    the manual. It was the right soft key actuating the "word" speaker on
    the screen. Thanks.

    Dick

Cingular Speakers Internet Service Providers