Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.phantasy-star,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/683/683211/vids_1.html

watch this IGN vid of Sega's new Phantasy Star teaser....

it says:

The rebirth of a legend....

It's a whole new world...

A whole new game...

A phantasy for
the new millenium...

Pepare for
a revolution...

The next
Phantasy Star
is here...

Phantasy Star Online 2

Phantasy Star V ?

Let the
next generation
of games begin.

hmmm... I have a long-shot theory.

this new Phantasy Star is both Phantasy Star Online 2
and Phantasy Star 5. Even going further out on a limb,
this new Phantasy Star is going to be for next generation
consoles: Xbox Next - Nintendo Revolution - Sony PlayStation 3.

And now going to the very end of a thin branch... players across
all 3 new consoles will be able to play with each other online. All
three of the new consoles should have built-in modems / ethernet /
wireless internet.

I would say the hints that it's for next-gen consoles are

"pepare for a revolution" ...as in Nintendo's next console, the
Revolution

and obviously "Let the next generation of games begin"

I'm probably way off.... but ohmygosh! what I would give for a
Phantasy Star 5 offline next generation (but traditional) RPG.

AM2forever <AM2forever@hotmail.com> wrote:
>And now going to the very end of a thin branch... players across
>all 3 new consoles will be able to play with each other online. All
>three of the new consoles should have built-in modems / ethernet /
>wireless internet.

That's an incredibly long shot; I don't really see MS allowing
XBox Live users to play online vs other platforms.

--
And let's pretend that work isn't as boring and tiring and humiliating
as we all know it really is. Even then, work would _still_ make a mockery

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.phantasy-star,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

I hope it's not another Phantasy Star Online. I'm sick of those games! I
hope it's a single player RPG like the original Phantasy Star games.

"Andrew Ryan Chang" <archang@sfu.ca> wrote in message
> AM2forever <AM2forever@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >And now going to the very end of a thin branch... players across
> >all 3 new consoles will be able to play with each other online. All
> >three of the new consoles should have built-in modems / ethernet /
> >wireless internet.
>
> That's an incredibly long shot; I don't really see MS allowing
> XBox Live users to play online vs other platforms.
>
> --
> And let's pretend that work isn't as boring and tiring and humiliating
> as we all know it really is. Even then, work would _still_ make a mockery
> of all humanistic and democratic aspirations, just because it usurps so
> much of our time. -- "THE ABOLITION OF WORK" by Bob Black

Fanatic

Distinguished
May 5, 2004
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.phantasy-star,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 (More info?)

I share your sentiment, I hope it's not a fancier PSO.

Although it could very well be BOTH
Phantasy Star Online 2 when it's online,
and a Phantasy Star 5 when it's offline.

I say "a" Phantasy Star 5 because there's probably
been serveral concepts for a PS5 on various systems,
from MegaCD/SegaCD to Saturn to Dreamcast to
the surviving 3 consoles.

fanATIc <fanaticati@aol.com> wrote:
>Although it could very well be BOTH
>Phantasy Star Online 2 when it's online,
>and a Phantasy Star 5 when it's offline.

Sega does strike me as a company that might try to make a big
single-player RPG have an MMORPG online component.

--
So if you can work hard to teach each unforgiving minute, the Moral
ABC that unites all mankind free, come hell, hate, ban, you'll enjoy

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

Can someone post the videos of this? I can never manage to login to
Gamespot, and I don't have an IGN account. Or at least post a link to
the videos somewhere where I don't have to have an account?

On 13 May 2004 09:24:25 -0700, AM2forever@hotmail.com (AM2forever)
wrote:

>http://media.cube.ign.com/media/683/683211/vids_1.html
>
>watch this IGN vid of Sega's new Phantasy Star teaser....
>
>it says:
>

>The rebirth of a legend....
>

>It's a whole new world...
>

>A whole new game...
>

>A phantasy for
> the new millenium...
>
>Pepare for
> a revolution...
>

>The next
> Phantasy Star
> is here...
>
>Phantasy Star Online 2
>
>Phantasy Star V ?
>

>Let the
> next generation
> of games begin.
>

>hmmm... I have a long-shot theory.
>
>this new Phantasy Star is both Phantasy Star Online 2
>and Phantasy Star 5. Even going further out on a limb,
>this new Phantasy Star is going to be for next generation
>consoles: Xbox Next - Nintendo Revolution - Sony PlayStation 3.
>
>And now going to the very end of a thin branch... players across
>all 3 new consoles will be able to play with each other online. All
>three of the new consoles should have built-in modems / ethernet /
>wireless internet.
>
>I would say the hints that it's for next-gen consoles are
>
>"pepare for a revolution" ...as in Nintendo's next console, the
>Revolution
>
>and obviously "Let the next generation of games begin"
>

>I'm probably way off.... but ohmygosh! what I would give for a
>Phantasy Star 5 offline next generation (but traditional) RPG.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

http://media.cube.ign.com/media/683/683211/vids_1.html#

don't think you need an IGN account for the Windows Media video,
but even if you do, its a free one, it's not Insider.

"Agonistes" <deadshot@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Can someone post the videos of this? I can never manage to login to
> Gamespot, and I don't have an IGN account. Or at least post a link to
> the videos somewhere where I don't have to have an account?
>
> On 13 May 2004 09:24:25 -0700, AM2forever@hotmail.com (AM2forever)
> wrote:
>
> >http://media.cube.ign.com/media/683/683211/vids_1.html
> >
> >watch this IGN vid of Sega's new Phantasy Star teaser....
> >
> >it says:
> >

> >The rebirth of a legend....
> >

> >It's a whole new world...
> >

> >A whole new game...
> >

> >A phantasy for
> > the new millenium...
> >
> >Pepare for
> > a revolution...
> >

> >The next
> > Phantasy Star
> > is here...
> >
> >Phantasy Star Online 2
> >
> >Phantasy Star V ?
> >

> >Let the
> > next generation
> > of games begin.
> >

> >hmmm... I have a long-shot theory.
> >
> >this new Phantasy Star is both Phantasy Star Online 2
> >and Phantasy Star 5. Even going further out on a limb,
> >this new Phantasy Star is going to be for next generation
> >consoles: Xbox Next - Nintendo Revolution - Sony PlayStation 3.
> >
> >And now going to the very end of a thin branch... players across
> >all 3 new consoles will be able to play with each other online. All
> >three of the new consoles should have built-in modems / ethernet /
> >wireless internet.
> >
> >I would say the hints that it's for next-gen consoles are
> >
> >"pepare for a revolution" ...as in Nintendo's next console, the
> >Revolution
> >
> >and obviously "Let the next generation of games begin"
> >

> >I'm probably way off.... but ohmygosh! what I would give for a
> >Phantasy Star 5 offline next generation (but traditional) RPG.

cam

Distinguished
May 17, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

Anyone see the incredible resemblance to PSO?
God if they continue to destroy the Phantasy Star name I will not support a
Sonic Team game again.

--
"Do not try to interject logic into my rambling."
-Ethan Hammond from the PS NG

"Regrets over yesterday and the fear of tomorrow are twin thieves that rob
us of the moment."

~Only the ignorant man becomes angry, the wise man understands.~

"Cam" <Exquisite@Ameritech.net> wrote in message

> Anyone see the incredible resemblance to PSO?
> God if they continue to destroy the Phantasy Star name I will not support
> Sonic Team game again.

You do realize Phantasy Star Universe is both Phantasy Star
Online 2 and Phantasy Star 5. *nods nods*

--
All Purpose Cultural Randomness
http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

<snip>
> "You do realize Phantasy Star Universe is both Phantasy Star
> Online 2 and Phantasy Star 5. *nods nods*"

<snip>

*nods nods nods nods nods nods nods nods*

^__^