transfer all calendar appointments from old to new Pocket PC

July 29, 2005 4:17:12 PM

I replaced my 3 year old Pocket PC with a new one yesterday.
Transferring notes and such is easy, transferring old appointments is a
small nightmare!

I had to install Outlook because it appears not to be possible to
transfer the calendar information from one device to another without
using Outlook as an intermediary.

The default ActiveSync (I'm running 3.8.0) setting is to transfer only 2
weeks worth of old appointments. Changing that setting to all
appointments did not transfer anything more than the two weeks that were
already transferred.

I even deleted the Outlook profile and created a new one and also
deleted and recreated the ActiveSync partnership. This still did not
transfer more than a 2 week history of appointments.

Is it all possible to transfer all my old appointments from my old
Pocket PC to Outlook on my pc?

Daniel
July 29, 2005 4:17:13 PM

Daniel Polak wrote:

> Is it all possible to transfer all my old appointments from my old
> Pocket PC to Outlook on my pc?

When you setup the new partnership, make sure you select "Synchronize
all appointments" under OPTIONS / CALENDAR / SETTINGS, *before* you do
the first sync.

Check the calendar on the old PDA and make sure the old appointments
were not deleted in the earlier operation.

A_C
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 2:21:58 AM

Right click the calendar icon in AS on the desktop. Select settings. use the
dropdown to select ALL in past weeks of appoints option.

--
Sven
MVP - Mobile Devices
"Daniel Polak" <daniel@sys.nl> wrote in message
>I replaced my 3 year old Pocket PC with a new one yesterday.
> Transferring notes and such is easy, transferring old appointments is a
> small nightmare!
>
> I had to install Outlook because it appears not to be possible to transfer
> the calendar information from one device to another without using Outlook
> as an intermediary.
>
> The default ActiveSync (I'm running 3.8.0) setting is to transfer only 2
> weeks worth of old appointments. Changing that setting to all appointments
> did not transfer anything more than the two weeks that were already
> transferred.
>
> I even deleted the Outlook profile and created a new one and also deleted
> and recreated the ActiveSync partnership. This still did not transfer more
> than a 2 week history of appointments.
>
> Is it all possible to transfer all my old appointments from my old Pocket
> PC to Outlook on my pc?
>
> Daniel
August 1, 2005 5:47:45 PM

==== Original message from Agent_C at 29-7-2005 18:51
> Daniel Polak wrote:
>
>>Is it all possible to transfer all my old appointments from my old
>>Pocket PC to Outlook on my pc?
>

> When you setup the new partnership, make sure you select "Synchronize
> all appointments" under OPTIONS / CALENDAR / SETTINGS, *before* you do
> the first sync.
>
> Check the calendar on the old PDA and make sure the old appointments
> were not deleted in the earlier operation.

You were right! I checked and somehow the appointments were deleted in
one of the previous syncs.
I restored a backup and synced with Outlook using synchronize all
appointments and got all old appointments on my pc.

Now for some reason the date and time on the notes files I transfered
has gone off. I am amazed at how much effort it takes to move your data
from one Pocket PC to another.

Thank you for your help!

Daniel
August 4, 2005 9:45:14 PM

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 13:47:45 +0200, Daniel Polak <daniel@sys.nl>
wrote:

>I am amazed at how much effort it takes to move your data
>from one Pocket PC to another.

Glad it worked out for you. Next time it'll be a snap :-)

A_C
!