Mitsubishi Cablecards don't work on Adelphia (Florida)

Last response: in Home Theatre
December 8, 2004 6:35:39 PM

It's been a long, sad, annoying time, including many vists from the
cableguy, but we have yet to get our new Mitsubishi DSL 52725 to work with
the cablecard.

At first I bought the 52525, and after 2 visits from the cable guy, 8
different cablecards, and a firmware update form 4.02 o 4.03, it didn't
work. So I returned the set and bought the more expensive 52725, hoping
that since it was newer, it would have resolved the cablecard probs.

No dice. Today, 5 cards later, already with the latest firmware, the card
just wont register itself on the Adelphia network. The only advice the
cableguy has is "Get a Sony". Apparently the ONLY manufacturer that has
problems is Mitsubishi. Almost 100% failure rate with cablecards.

Very annoying. I love the set. I do NOT want the box. I picked this set
specifically for the cablecard feature. I want my digital signals decoded
internally, and I DON'T want to have 4 remotes just to watch TV.

Anyone had any luck with the Mistus?

Thanks
April 27, 2005 7:58:01 AM

You're definitely not alone. Many people including me have been
having these problems:

http://text.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,11798432~...

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/2/106899.html

I have the WD-52525 with TimeWarner Cable in Milwaukee. TW Cable uses
Scientific Atlanta cableCARDs which seem to be a big part of the
problem.

I have just seen a report that the latest SA CC firmware fixed the
problem, but I can't yet confirm it myself...

Good Luck!
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:06:46 PM

"neals" <nseidl@wi.rr-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> You're definitely not alone. Many people including me have been
> having these problems:

http://text.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,11798432~...

> http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/2/106899.html
>
> I have the WD-52525 with TimeWarner Cable in Milwaukee. TW Cable uses
> Scientific Atlanta cableCARDs which seem to be a big part of the
> problem.
>
> I have just seen a report that the latest SA CC firmware fixed the
> problem, but I can't yet confirm it myself...
>
> Good Luck!

We had some clients with Mitsubishi sets on Cox in Gainesville using SA
cards that had problems until Cox deployed the latest software for the SA
card. Since that time I have had no reports of problems. Mitsubishi's
latest software version is 4.05. You can verify that you have that version
by going to the setup menu. If you don't, call Mits or your dealer if they
provide service.

Leonard
!