Solution
I shy away from most reg cleaners because they are notorious for unintentionally corrupting the registry by themselves. Microsoft's reg cleaners are very good at keeping the corruption levels low, but I haven't seen MS release one for Vista yet (I haven't looked to hard yet either though). The only time that I even look into reg cleaning is if I have a known virus that wasn't fixed by my av apps. or a buggy app that did not install with a Windows installer.

pkellmey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
I shy away from most reg cleaners because they are notorious for unintentionally corrupting the registry by themselves. Microsoft's reg cleaners are very good at keeping the corruption levels low, but I haven't seen MS release one for Vista yet (I haven't looked to hard yet either though). The only time that I even look into reg cleaning is if I have a known virus that wasn't fixed by my av apps. or a buggy app that did not install with a Windows installer.

Solution

picard

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I use Yavisoft vista manager for registry cleaner, compacter. it works well. It is designed for all versions of vista.

My pc is running smoothly. Of course, I back up once a week.