Search Hijack

omnislash

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2007
Hmm ok first off apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but as i run win xp i guess it might be right,,

anyway, i seem to have come into contact with a virus/spyware/scumware thing

im currently winning win xp sp2 with IE7, as my main browser

whenever i search in a search engine (although i mainly use google) i get my results as usual but following the link seems to take me to a random site,

im not sure what is causing this, i have scanned my PC with Norton, adaware and spybot seek and destroy, and nothing more harmful that the odd tracking cookie has been found,

I have also tried resseting all of the internet setting in "internet options" still no joy

an example of this hijacking is if i search for THG in google, and follow the first link i get redirected to

edit... link removed per request

very annoying, although if i copy and paste URL's rather than follow links it doesnt redirect.

any suggestions? im really getting annoyed at this but want to avoid reinstalling but i get the feeling its my only option

cheers

omnislash

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2007
cheers, that seems to have worked, searches are now pointing to the correct websites.

oh and i know norton sucks, but unfortunatly its a work laptop, and i really dont want to have to pay for a subscription to another service, but i guess i might have to,

on the other hand i could see if work will cough up for a decent virus scanner YEAH RIGHT, but you never know

once again thanks a lot for the help