I need help and advise regarding partitions and performance!

Dark_Placebo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
a question… and i need advice… i have 2 HDD, 80gb and 250 gb…

the 80 gb.. partitioned into two… 20 and 60… (20 for win xp and 40 for vista)

Everytime i install games… i put it in the 250 GB hdd (no partitions)….not on the 20 gb partition (Windows xp is installed here)…

Is that advisable ? or stick with the norms…..install the games in the partition where OS is also installed...

(ive read that it performs better instead of installing the games in different PHYSICAL DRIVE)… thanks a lot !!!!

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
you may have installed some of the files of that program on the 250 but the regkeys and other windows related files for it are on OS drive.

now the smaller drives are suppose to be a bit quicker then the bigger ones but the question is this:

are you having problems with it right now?

but FYI the advisable method is to install in the program folder of your OS.

Dark_Placebo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
im not having any problems at all.... but since i havent upgraded my comp for about 5 years.... the whole process is quite fast... (cpu / mem) wise....

but when im installing, its still quite slow.... so maybe im thinking im installing in a different PHYSICAL drive...

correct me if im wrong... it would be better to just save the GAMES and other softwares at the WINDOWS OS Folder also.... so that the performance would be better... am i correct ? or im missing something ?