JimiSlew

Distinguished
May 1, 2007
Hi All,

So I built a new system with Realtek HD audio sound (on the 680i lt mobo) and hooked up my old (but working) surround sound speakers (altec lansing four speaker + subwolf system). Now since the 680i lt mobo only has optical spdif out and analog (no coax) I was forced to hook up my speakers with analog surround.

No joy. I get front speakers only. I updated drivers and even installed my old sound blaster card that came with the speakers. I updated the driver for it but only got front speakers to work.

Any suggestions?

-Jim

Jim_L9

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
RealTek has a utility that lets you check the speakers. Have you tried it, and if so, what are the results? It will check individual speakers and also can do a buzzing bee or music surround test.

JimiSlew

Distinguished
May 1, 2007
Yeah, I ran that utility. No joy on the rear speakers. just the front ones...

too bad. I bet it would sound great :(

-Jim

Jim_L9

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Did you reconfigure the onboard sound for more than stereo. I think stereo may be the default for the onboard sound. It is strange that you have the same symptoms with your other sound card. Do you have a friend that would be willing to test your speakers?

JimiSlew

Distinguished
May 1, 2007
I'll test them on my old system again tonight. They worked on there before I moved them to the new system...

only this time I'll check them on the analog connection (old mobo had coax).

I'll let you know.

thx

-Jim

(Also, my sound blaster card had digital out through a coax to computer-mini-jack-analog-like connector). That didn't work either.