cant connect to internet with vista

da_kurlzz

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
so i recently installed vista the first thing i did was install my drivers but when i try access the internet i cant it wont le me its not even finging my router

and when i directly connect to my modem it dosent see it either

what can i do ??

thx

sturm

Splendid
Go back to XP!! :)

Is the computer getting an ip address? Have you ran the setup cd from the router?

I havent really touched Vista and have no urge to. Its a crappy OS right now. Maybe after a service pack or two it will get better, hopefully.

da_kurlzz

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
well the only reason i moved to vista on my second hdd is for gameing (halo 2 vista ect) im an achivement whore lol) im not getting anything no ip no dns no nothing its like there was nothing plug in even do when i try i try to directly connect to the modem ie:(modem wire to pc)

thx

sturm

Splendid
No yellow or red marks under device manager?

try unplugging power on the modem and router. turn on the modem, wait 30 secs or so, plug in power on router, wait 30 sec or so, turn on computer. See what you get. Check for connection lights on the router and the nic.

No problems under xp I assume, if you can still use it - dual boot?

da_kurlzz

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2007
yup dual boot um i tried disconecting the wire from the router same with modem i have no yellow or red waring triangals in device manger

so basicly a have no clue

no problemes with xp

mikeyp410

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I have to agree. Vista is a HUGE pile of junk and I will NEVER make the switch myself. I tried using it when Microsux sent me RC1 and it was the worst piece of software I have ever seen in my life.

Anyhow I imagine that you have looked to see if your Adapter is being shown with IPconfig right? If it is not there then you have other issues. If it is there then You can try to use the Ping -t Command then fool around with your router untill you finally get a connection present. I guess you tried that network wizard thing that they have with vista??? Not sure if that will give you any help???

Finally I do find it funny how Microsux is now making it impossible to buy a computer without Vista installed. How soon will it be before they take out support for XP from there update site??? They are a truly horrid company.

f61

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2007
As I've always said, "All 1st generation users of any M$ os must be tourtured, stabbed, shot, burnt, and what remains fed to alligators".

95, 98, 98se, Me, Bob, XP, Vista. All in 12 wonderful years.
I hope the NT side was a lttle better.

Obviously, don't buy a new system WITH an os. If offered an os, tell them NOT to install it. If they say they can't do that, tell them they can't have your money, period.

f61 sez, gee 98se works well, must be time to stop support (7/06). Sure enuff there it goes. And I even got it to use a real genuine Flash MemStick. Will wonders ever cease?

f61 :roll: