Redfox

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

And with me I bring news - I found a place to download codebreaker and some
other cheat discs for the Dreamcast and I am going to finally have some fun
with PSOv2. That means banned items, the lot. Since I can't go online with
the game and it is sitting here gathering dust I figure I might as well.

How do I take screenshots without a video capture card? I seem to recall
there being a secret option in PSO somewhere that lets you do it.

-RedFox

"RedFox" <me@privacy.net> wrote

> And with me I bring news - I found a place to download codebreaker and
some
> other cheat discs for the Dreamcast and I am going to finally have some
fun
> with PSOv2. That means banned items, the lot. Since I can't go online with
> the game and it is sitting here gathering dust I figure I might as well.
>
> How do I take screenshots without a video capture card? I seem to recall
> there being a secret option in PSO somewhere that lets you do it.

Ah forget that. I tried playing it but it brought back sad memories and I
have moved on from that.

It was a lovely game when it first came out. Oh to go back in time eh?

"RedFox" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<2l0afrF7bof6U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> And with me I bring news - I found a place to download codebreaker and some
> other cheat discs for the Dreamcast and I am going to finally have some fun
> with PSOv2. That means banned items, the lot. Since I can't go online with
> the game and it is sitting here gathering dust I figure I might as well.
>
> How do I take screenshots without a video capture card? I seem to recall
> there being a secret option in PSO somewhere that lets you do it.

OMG!!11

*points at Redfox*

CHEATER!!!11 CHEATER!!!111

lol.

"neo-the yellow gigasnowball zero" <thegreatglacier@webtv.net> wrote

> > And with me I bring news - I found a place to download codebreaker and
some
> > other cheat discs for the Dreamcast and I am going to finally have some
fun
> > with PSOv2. That means banned items, the lot. Since I can't go online
with
> > the game and it is sitting here gathering dust I figure I might as well.
> >
> > How do I take screenshots without a video capture card? I seem to recall
> > there being a secret option in PSO somewhere that lets you do it.
> >

> OMG!!11
>
> *points at Redfox*
>
> CHEATER!!!11 CHEATER!!!111
>
> lol.

Hehe. Needless to say it was a complete waste of time :)

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

thegreatglacier@webtv.net wrote:
>*points at Redfox*
>
>CHEATER!!!11 CHEATER!!!111
>
>lol.

So says the level 200 HUcast that was running around with a Shot during that
one c9. ;)

PSORyna

RedFox wrote:

>How do I take screenshots without a video capture card? I seem to recall
>there being a secret option in PSO somewhere that lets you do it.

If I recall correctly, you need to have a controller plugged into Port 4 of the
Dreamcast and have a VMU that has 200 free blocks. I forget what the key
combinations are for taking the picture though. I think it is L Trigger to to
bring up the camera and A to shoot.

PSORyna

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

In article <20040713114719.03890.00001263@mb-m19.aol.com>,
PSORyna <psoryna@aol.com> wrote:
>RedFox wrote:
>
>>How do I take screenshots without a video capture card? I seem to recall
>>there being a secret option in PSO somewhere that lets you do it.
>
>If I recall correctly, you need to have a controller plugged into Port 4 of the
>Dreamcast and have a VMU that has 200 free blocks. I forget what the key
>combinations are for taking the picture though. I think it is L Trigger to to
>bring up the camera and A to shoot.

Code list on Gamefaqs for PSO version 1. Not sure if this also applies to
PSO version 2 or any other version, but here it is:

"For this you need an extra controller, as well as a VMU with 195 free
blocks on it. Plug the 2nd controller in to the 4th socket (D) with the
VMU in the 2nd slot of this controller. Get to where you want to take the
screen shot, then hit X, Y and Start simultaneously on the 2nd controller.
You should now have an image in that VMU."

Again, the guy who submitted it to Gamefaqs is the source, not me. Enjoy.

-KKC, who is digging on the homebrew VMU script language. Although I wish
the VMU connector protocols were covered by this thing...
--
-- "I'm going to put a nickel in this jar every time I get - kendrick
a phone call from a mortgage company trying to make me - @io.com

"Kendrick Kerwin Chua" <kendrick@fnord.io.com> wrote

> >>How do I take screenshots without a video capture card? I seem to recall
> >>there being a secret option in PSO somewhere that lets you do it.
>
> "For this you need an extra controller, as well as a VMU with 195 free
> blocks on it. Plug the 2nd controller in to the 4th socket (D) with the
> VMU in the 2nd slot of this controller. Get to where you want to take the
> screen shot, then hit X, Y and Start simultaneously on the 2nd controller.
> You should now have an image in that VMU."
>
> Again, the guy who submitted it to Gamefaqs is the source, not me. Enjoy.

Thanks :)

This might be useful as well: http://pso.donut.dhs.org/