"New look" Antec Solo mod idea/plan.

So it started with wanting a stealthed drive bay for an Antec Solo case (and who knows, may still stop there). But, now my plan is about to snowball. I would love it if you all would let me know now of any suggestions, ideas, tips, or tutorials.

New plan:
I found this tutorial at Mod The Box:
Mod the Box Paint Tutorial
Looks like that box could use some stealthed drive bays too.

I'm going to buy this: Antec P150 front bezel., which comes with the stealth bays.

I am going to take that apart and paint the white bits a high gloss, piano black to match the side panels of the Solo. Or, I may decide to go with a different colour all together. The metalic red in the link above may look cool? Or a deep navy blue?

These new painted bits will then end up in my new SOLO.

I think I'll also include this mod from SPCR and perhaps implement a few other of their ideas with the finished product: P150 Air duct grill.. You can see the full work up on the quite P150 here: Quiet P150.

I'll keep a journal and photograph my steps, and let you all know how it turns out in the end. This will be my first real mod, so I hope it turns out. I think I'll practice the painting before I paint the real deal.
1 answer Last reply
More about look antec solo idea plan
  1. Depending on the amount of metallic in the blue, it could look really nice if it is very metallic paint. Otherwise I would go with a deep red or just piano black. Either way, take your time and do it right! You will be happy in the end.

Lots of thin coats, a case I painted with candy paint (dark purple/green depending how you looked at it) took 20 coats total and it looked great and is extremely scratch/chip resistant.

Snowballing mods is always good :) If you go too far, you might end up with a fully custom wood case like some idiot I know...
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Components