civic

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
I am about to purchase vista and have read a few posts stating that vista has poor raid support.

I figure I will need to make a new floppy disk with the correct drivers on it like the one I used for xp.

My question is how might I go about doing this?

Edit: I'm not sure if this information matters or not, but my motherboard is a
nForce 680i SLI SPP

Solution
Vista has great support for raid, my installation went without a hitch, just as if I was running an old ide controller with XP. I set up a 2 volume matrix-raid environment with 500G raid 0 and 1.1T raid 5.

I do know your concern but when I did the install I had no problems. Actually it is only a concern about whether your mobo has native support or not. In my case, badaxe2 was totally integrated with the initial Vista release. I recommend that you go to the nForce (or via) site and see if they have drivers for Vista which could simply be some update files. Or Via may tell you to also create a special floppy or CD.

When I first did an XP install on my raid mobo, Intel had all of the drivers available, as well as a raid driver...

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
Vista has great support for raid, my installation went without a hitch, just as if I was running an old ide controller with XP. I set up a 2 volume matrix-raid environment with 500G raid 0 and 1.1T raid 5.

I do know your concern but when I did the install I had no problems. Actually it is only a concern about whether your mobo has native support or not. In my case, badaxe2 was totally integrated with the initial Vista release. I recommend that you go to the nForce (or via) site and see if they have drivers for Vista which could simply be some update files. Or Via may tell you to also create a special floppy or CD.

When I first did an XP install on my raid mobo, Intel had all of the drivers available, as well as a raid driver floppy (f5). I just downloaded everything available and created the floppy before I started installing XP. I was able to completely remove my floppy before I started Vista.

There are several people around with 680i MB, you might get a bit more specific attention from the people that REALLY know if you changed the title to "Preparing to install... raid on nForce 680i MoBo"

good luck

Solution