Vista and pdf files

Bombtester

Distinguished
May 8, 2007
Got my wife a new Vista laptop. All was going great untill she tried to view a pdf file and couldn't. She downloaded Acrobat 8, but that didn't solve the problem. Apparently Acrobat 8 doesn't work in Vista yet. From what I've been able to determine. Has anyone else had this problem?

On a related note I now don't seem to be able to unistall Acrobat 8, so any suggestions on how to do that would be appreciated.

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
You have a different problem that you should identify. There are no issues that I've seen with either acrobat 8 or adobe reader 8. I use both of them daily on both 32 & 64 bit Vista systems.

The fact that you can't un-install them may be just another symptom of your bigger problem.

good luck

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
It has been really solid for me. Much more so than any other OS I've worked. That's not counting hpux or solaris - Windows still doesn't have the up-time under its belt yet (and as I was just writing this... reflectionx just went south - probably a vpn issue). There was a little 'getting used to' time involved with Vista because it was just a bit different from XP.

The security thing has never bothered me because I'm actually very comfortable with it (now if I could just devise a ! or sudo icon). I just downloaded the x64 vim binaries but haven't tried them yet...

I had targeted all of my hardware purchases to run Vista in a robust sort of way and I also had all of the 64-bit drivers in-hand before I my first install (hint: end-end planning is the only thing you need to do). Ahha - my vpn client just connected again - gotta kill 4 or 5 zombies and a BUNCH of ptys... back to wrok.

So, no problems - I like Vista.

Later.

Deems

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
I have a similiar problem with vista. It wont open many (not all some actually do open ) of my pdf files. This hampers me in terms of work and etc and i really need to get this problem sorted out. Any luck or tips you used for yours?