PSO and controllers

Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

Not posted on the manufacturer groups because it's more relevant here...

Does anybody know if there's an adapter that permits the use of Dreamcast
controllers on the Gamecube? I ask because I'm finally committing some
spare time to PSO episode 2 and I'm finding the Gamecube controller
lacking in many ways. I haven't discovered anything available at retail
(at least, not presently) but if there's something official then that
keeps me from having to hack my own.

Any help is appreciated. Also, any thoughts on whether it's still worth
getting online for episodes 1 and 2 is a welcome topic for discussion as
well.

-KKC, insanely trying to develop a Fonewm. Very slow, not enough hit
points, but take the weapon out of his hands and the spells come very
fast. He needs more levels, and I ain't talking about the British
educational system either. :)
--
-- "I'm going to put a nickel in this jar every time I get - kendrick
a phone call from a mortgage company trying to make me - @io.com

    kendrick@io.com wrote:
    >Not posted on the manufacturer groups because it's more relevant here...
    >
    >Does anybody know if there's an adapter that permits the use of Dreamcast
    >controllers on the Gamecube? I ask because I'm finally committing some
    >spare time to PSO episode 2 and I'm finding the Gamecube controller
    >lacking in many ways. I haven't discovered anything available at retail
    >(at least, not presently) but if there's something official then that
    >keeps me from having to hack my own.

    As far as I know, there is no Dreamcast to Gamecube adapter. What seems to be
    lacking about the GC controller?

    >Any help is appreciated. Also, any thoughts on whether it's still worth
    >getting online for episodes 1 and 2 is a welcome topic for discussion as
    >well.

    It is probably still worth going online. There won't be as many people as
    there were when the game first came out, but that does have its benefits. You
    are less likely to run into cheaters. Also, I believe Sonic Team just uploaded
    Respective Tomorrow. It is the episode 2 version of Towards the Future (i.e. a
    quest where you get to fight all of the bosses).

    There are the Tower quests (which you can't access offline) and Challenge mode.
    If you've never tried Challenge mode, I would recommend giving it a shot. It
    is fun to do if you have a good crew and you can get some excellent prizes from
    it.

    You can also play Episode 3 with your Episode 1 & 2 Hunter's License.

    >-KKC, insanely trying to develop a Fonewm. Very slow, not enough hit
    >points, but take the weapon out of his hands and the spells come very
    >fast. He needs more levels, and I ain't talking about the British
    >educational system either. :)

    With a little bit of preparation, FOnewms are very easy to get into Ultimate.
    If you have the right equipment, you can be strolling through Ultimate Forest
    at level 45. Their Rafoie bonus is also very handy for Ultimate.

    PSORyna@aol.com
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    In article <20040714232154.26548.00001705@mb-m03.aol.com>,
    PSORyna <psoryna@aol.com> wrote:
    >kendrick@io.com wrote:
    >>
    >>Does anybody know if there's an adapter that permits the use of Dreamcast
    >>controllers on the Gamecube? I ask because I'm finally committing some
    >>spare time to PSO episode 2 and I'm finding the Gamecube controller
    >>lacking in many ways. I haven't discovered anything available at retail
    >
    >As far as I know, there is no Dreamcast to Gamecube adapter. What seems to be
    >lacking about the GC controller?

    I've complained about the thing in the past a lot. :) My PSO-specific
    complaint is that I can't change camera direction fast enough. On the
    Dreamcast controller, you barely have to tap the L-trigger and you're
    ready to zap off your techniques. On the Gamecube controller, you have to
    press down the L-trigger at least 80 percent to achieve the same thing,
    and the analog stick is always lagging behind (meaning the camera tries to
    adjust before the direction change actually occurs.) Of course, this could
    be a function of analog calibration rather than a peculiarity of the
    controller, but if that's true then there's still no good method of
    adjustment.

    Wow, that was extraordinarily geeky. :)

    >>Any help is appreciated. Also, any thoughts on whether it's still worth
    >>getting online for episodes 1 and 2 is a welcome topic for discussion as
    >>well.
    >
    >It is probably still worth going online. There won't be as many people as
    >there were when the game first came out, but that does have its benefits. You
    >are less likely to run into cheaters. Also, I believe Sonic Team just uploaded
    <snippity>

    Cool, this is a big plus. The Gamecube version is looking more and more
    appealing, since there isn't any extra charge for the online service like
    with Xbox Live. Also, the lack of voice communication is actually a
    benefit in my book, given the average level of civility online... Anybody
    who banks on the kindness and courtesy of human beings has never played an
    online video game. And PSO is cooperative, not competitive.

    >You can also play Episode 3 with your Episode 1 & 2 Hunter's License.

    Oh yeah, episode 3 is competitive.

    >>-KKC, insanely trying to develop a Fonewm. Very slow, not enough hit
    >>points, but take the weapon out of his hands and the spells come very
    >>fast. He needs more levels, and I ain't talking about the British
    >>educational system either. :)
    >
    >With a little bit of preparation, FOnewms are very easy to get into Ultimate.
    >If you have the right equipment, you can be strolling through Ultimate Forest
    >at level 45. Their Rafoie bonus is also very handy for Ultimate.

    I haven't been online to see for certain, but I get the impression that
    the Fonewm is uniquely suited for party play. I've seen too many other
    Force characters come into battle brandishing a firearm and having no
    techniques on their shortcut buttons because they don't feel like they
    contribute to the fight otherwise. A Fonewm could keep the healing coming
    fast enough in a boss fight, and would keep a nice tenderizing border of
    offensive techniques around a tight party.

    -KKC, who thinks the next big console innovation will be support for
    multiple video devices. That'd be useful for PSO multiplayer.
    --
    -- "I'm going to put a nickel in this jar every time I get - kendrick
    a phone call from a mortgage company trying to make me - @io.com
    refinance for no good reason. In three or four months,
    there should be enough money to pay for some mob hits." - KKC
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    kendrick@io.com (Kendrick Kerwin Chua) wrote in message news:<bsudnRFlOp7Df2jdRVn-gg@io.com>...
    > Not posted on the manufacturer groups because it's more relevant here...
    >
    > Does anybody know if there's an adapter that permits the use of Dreamcast
    > controllers on the Gamecube? I ask because I'm finally committing some
    > spare time to PSO episode 2 and I'm finding the Gamecube controller
    > lacking in many ways. I haven't discovered anything available at retail
    > (at least, not presently) but if there's something official then that
    > keeps me from having to hack my own.

    I don't know of any adaptor for the DC controller nor do I know of a
    similar controller made for the GC. Sorry that I can't help you there.
    But, as a FO, you may want to get used to the GC controller because it
    suits a FO much better than the DC controller because of the C-Stick
    alone. You can access the Quick Select Tech menu and navigate it at
    lightning speed. I'll get to that later.

    > Any help is appreciated. Also, any thoughts on whether it's still worth
    > getting online for episodes 1 and 2 is a welcome topic for discussion as
    > well.

    I haven't been on PSO in a very long time so I cannot answer that
    either. :(

    > -KKC, insanely trying to develop a Fonewm. Very slow, not enough hit
    > points, but take the weapon out of his hands and the spells come very
    > fast. He needs more levels, and I ain't talking about the British
    > educational system either. :)

    I posted this some time ago back when I was still playing PSO. I have
    editted it some to fit your question and not so much the original post
    I was answering.

    Your MST is your most imporatnt stat so raise yourself a mind mag (I
    raise mine up to 185 mind), equip mind units
    and go techs only. FOnewm cast faster without weapons so don't even
    use a weapon at all. Be sure
    to learn each monsters weakness and use that tech against them.
    Customize Rafoie, Rabarta and Gizonde to your top palette and Resta
    along w/ anything non-offensive to your bottom (-mates, -fluids, Star
    Atomizers, Deband, etc.). This way if you get in a bind you can
    squeeze the right shoulder/trigger button and avoid the enemies easily
    w/out slowing down when come close to them (like when you hit the
    Start Button and you can run close to an enemy without slowing down,
    only now you can see the entire screen). Now at least customize
    Foie, Zonde & Barta to the top of the Quick Select menu and Grants,
    Jellen to the bottom. You only need Jellen when playing offline
    because you're not going to physically attack anything; techs only,
    remember? So Zalure does nothing but waste TP when in offline play.
    However, make sure you have Zalure customized at the bottom of your
    Quick Select menu for online play and place it near Jellen to keep
    similar techs together. If you're on the GC
    version, using the Quick Select menu is super easy and you can cast
    techs from that menu just as fast as you can if they were customized
    to your palette.

    This gives you access to all the techs you'll ever need and once you
    know what the enmies weakness is, this will all become as easy as
    chewing gum.

    I have my FO set up as follows:

    Top Palette: Rafoie, Rabarta, Gizonde
    Bottom Palette: Deband, Trimates, Resta (I use Shifta in place of the
    Trimates when online)

    My Quick Select menu looks like this from the top:

    Foie
    Barta
    Zonde
    Gifoie
    Gibarta

    *all techs not used in-between top and bottom in no order*

    And this at the bottom:

    Razonde
    Anti
    Zalure
    Jellen
    Grants

    You don't have to use this particular set-up but make sure you use the
    same set-up every time you play so you don't have to think about where
    anything is set. This should help you level faster and should make
    things easier on your FO. learning each monsters weakness is one of
    the most important things you can do as a FO.

    Lastly, leveling offline until Lv80 (until ULT Mode online) or so will
    be your fastest experience. Run through each level ONLY once and take
    the shortest route possible because there's no need in clearing the
    entire map. You might wanna clear the entire map in VH because that's
    when some good items start dropping, but that is entirely up to you.
    Be sure to activate all pillars on your way through the map on your
    first pass. You can do this until you reach ULT CAVES (the CAVES are
    rough because you'll be here at Lv40-45 or so). The continually run
    ULT FOREST until the ULT CAVES get easy. ULT FOREST is incredibly easy
    and you'll own this level even at Lv40 using techs only with high
    MIND. Be sure to clear the entire ULT FOEST map. If you're having
    trouble with the dragon boss, just quit game, and make another ULT
    FOREST run. Once you get the dragon's pattern down, he will be a
    cakewalk as well.

    Also, I would recommend running the VH RUINS a few times because there
    are many nice techs and materials that drop here. Speaking of
    materials, realize that there is a cap for the amount of materials you
    can use. A while ago I made a post detailing how many mats one should
    use for each class to get them to as close to max stats as possible.
    I'll search for it and repost it so keep an eye out for it. :)

    Anyway, sorry I couldn't help about the controller, but hopefully I've
    helped you out some on leveling tips for a FO. FOnewm are some real
    badasses so enjoy laying waste to everything that moves. ;)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    kendrick@io.com wrote:

    >>As far as I know, there is no Dreamcast to Gamecube adapter. What seems to
    >be
    >>lacking about the GC controller?
    >
    >I've complained about the thing in the past a lot. :) My PSO-specific
    >complaint is that I can't change camera direction fast enough. On the
    >Dreamcast controller, you barely have to tap the L-trigger and you're
    >ready to zap off your techniques. On the Gamecube controller, you have to
    >press down the L-trigger at least 80 percent to achieve the same thing,
    >and the analog stick is always lagging behind (meaning the camera tries to
    >adjust before the direction change actually occurs.) Of course, this could
    >be a function of analog calibration rather than a peculiarity of the
    >controller, but if that's true then there's still no good method of
    >adjustment.

    I used to have the L-Trigger problem with my old Gamecube Controller. You would
    have to press it in all or almost all of the way to register the button press.
    I picked up a new one a while ago and I barely have to press it now for it to
    register.

    Also, once you reach a certain level of proficiency, the camera really isn't to
    big of a factor. You'll know how long it takes for each enemy to reach and
    attack you.

    >>You can also play Episode 3 with your Episode 1 & 2 Hunter's License.
    >
    >Oh yeah, episode 3 is competitive.

    Episode 3 is as competitive as you want it to be. You can go online, team up
    with friends, and just play against the COM. Otherwise, you have the option of
    playing against other humans, which can be fun.

    >>With a little bit of preparation, FOnewms are very easy to get into
    >Ultimate.
    >>If you have the right equipment, you can be strolling through Ultimate
    >Forest
    >>at level 45. Their Rafoie bonus is also very handy for Ultimate.
    >
    >I haven't been online to see for certain, but I get the impression that
    >the Fonewm is uniquely suited for party play. I've seen too many other
    >Force characters come into battle brandishing a firearm and having no
    >techniques on their shortcut buttons because they don't feel like they
    >contribute to the fight otherwise. A Fonewm could keep the healing coming
    >fast enough in a boss fight, and would keep a nice tenderizing border of
    >offensive techniques around a tight party.

    If you want to use a support Force, I would recommend either the FOnewearl or
    FOmarl. The FOnewearl and FOmarl have godly Resta and Anti range. Also, the
    FOmarl has great Shifta/Deband range. The FOnewm, on the other hand, does not
    have any those bonuses. He is known as a "nuker". He walks into a room and
    kills all the enemies in it with a few Rafoie casts. To bad techs don't work
    quite as well online.

    >-KKC, who thinks the next big console innovation will be support for
    >multiple video devices. That'd be useful for PSO multiplayer.

    PSORyna
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    In article <dea761f8.0407151002.259a192a@posting.google.com>,
    neo-the yellow gigasnowball zero <thegreatglacier@webtv.net> wrote:
    >kendrick@io.com (Kendrick Kerwin Chua) wrote in message
    >> Not posted on the manufacturer groups because it's more relevant here...
    >>
    >> Does anybody know if there's an adapter that permits the use of Dreamcast
    >> controllers on the Gamecube? I ask because I'm finally committing some
    >
    >I don't know of any adaptor for the DC controller nor do I know of a
    >similar controller made for the GC. Sorry that I can't help you there.
    >But, as a FO, you may want to get used to the GC controller because it
    >suits a FO much better than the DC controller because of the C-Stick
    >alone. You can access the Quick Select Tech menu and navigate it at
    >lightning speed. I'll get to that later.
    <snip>

    Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it. About the Quick Select menus? Aren't
    those navigable both with the C stick and with the digital pad on the left
    side? I thought that for purposes of those menus, they were equivalent. I
    might be wrong... having been a PSO early adopter, I got used to the idea
    of being limited to six action icons during battles. It's almost a
    discpline at this point. :)

    And thanks everybody for the suggestions. I think what I'm going to do at
    this point is pull apart a Gamecube controller and see what sort of
    decoder one of these things has in it. If the GC ports act at all like USB
    ports, then I'll be considering the adventurous task of wiring up my own
    adapter.

    -KKC, watching too much daytime television.
    --
    -- "I'm going to put a nickel in this jar every time I get - kendrick
    a phone call from a mortgage company trying to make me - @io.com
    refinance for no good reason. In three or four months,
    there should be enough money to pay for some mob hits." - KKC
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    Neo wrote:

    >I haven't been on PSO in a very long time so I cannot answer that
    >either. :(

    To bad you lost your way and migrated from PSO to Everquest and then to FF11.
    =p

    PSORyna@aol.com
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    psoryna@aol.com (PSORyna) wrote in message news:<20040715181504.19209.00001766@mb-m04.aol.com>...
    > Neo wrote:
    >
    > >I haven't been on PSO in a very long time so I cannot answer that
    > >either. :(
    >
    > To bad you lost your way and migrated from PSO to Everquest and then to FF11.
    > =p

    ....and I'd give them both up to have played PSO GC for all this time.
    I caught some cases of burn-out with PSO many times but it was nothing
    a few days to a week long break couldn't remedy. EQOA was definately
    very fun once I got into. All the Lore in the game (or game history)
    was really cool and that is something I dig.

    FF11 otoh leaves a lot to be desired. Yes I still play it but that's
    only because EQOA is now dead beacuse everyone went to FF11 and I
    can't play PSO. The game is gorgeous but the gameplay is total ass
    because there is not enough action. It's fight one mob at a time and
    you're screwed if you get an additional mob... for the most part. The
    story is nice, but there are really only 10 times where the game
    delves into the meat of the plot and those times are spaced at
    incredibly long intervals... Okay, I'll quit ranting about FF11, lol

    > PSORyna@aol.com
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    kendrick@io.com (Kendrick Kerwin Chua) wrote in message news:<g5SdnSz_br3_SGvdRVn-vA@io.com>...
    > In article <dea761f8.0407151002.259a192a@posting.google.com>,
    > neo-the yellow gigasnowball zero <thegreatglacier@webtv.net> wrote:
    > >kendrick@io.com (Kendrick Kerwin Chua) wrote in message
    > >> Not posted on the manufacturer groups because it's more relevant here...
    > >>
    > >> Does anybody know if there's an adapter that permits the use of Dreamcast
    > >> controllers on the Gamecube? I ask because I'm finally committing some
    > >
    > >I don't know of any adaptor for the DC controller nor do I know of a
    > >similar controller made for the GC. Sorry that I can't help you there.
    > >But, as a FO, you may want to get used to the GC controller because it
    > >suits a FO much better than the DC controller because of the C-Stick
    > >alone. You can access the Quick Select Tech menu and navigate it at
    > >lightning speed. I'll get to that later.
    > <snip>
    >
    > Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it. About the Quick Select menus? Aren't
    > those navigable both with the C stick and with the digital pad on the left
    > side? I thought that for purposes of those menus, they were equivalent. I
    > might be wrong... having been a PSO early adopter, I got used to the idea
    > of being limited to six action icons during battles. It's almost a
    > discpline at this point. :)

    I don't really remember if you can use the d-pad to navigate the menu
    or not. I don't think so, but I could be worng. I always used the
    C-Stick because it's fast and the d-pad is really, really small on the
    GC controller.

    > And thanks everybody for the suggestions. I think what I'm going to do at
    > this point is pull apart a Gamecube controller and see what sort of
    > decoder one of these things has in it. If the GC ports act at all like USB
    > ports, then I'll be considering the adventurous task of wiring up my own
    > adapter.

    I don't know if anyone ever managed to create an adaptor or even
    converted a DC keyboard to work with the GC but I do remember someone
    trying it out and getting very close to accomplishing it. Maybe you
    can search the web for the DC>GC keyboard conversion and figure
    something out. That info might be helpful. Good luck and let us know
    how it turns out.

    > -KKC, watching too much daytime television.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    Neo "The I Can't Go Back" Glacier wrote:
    >..and I'd give them both up to have played PSO GC for all this time.

    If you want, we can give the "Get Neo Online with his GC" thing another shot.
    I'd join you for a month or so of PSO. There is still episode 2 challenge mode
    left and the new quest sounds interesting.

    ::Wonders if Hell will freeze over and Seed will renew his Hunter's License. Of
    course, that'll probably happen when Ethan decides to become a poet and Henry
    gives up his wordly belongings to become a monk::

    PSORyna
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    Neo
    >I don't really remember if you can use the d-pad to navigate the menu
    >or not. I don't think so, but I could be worng. I always used the
    >C-Stick because it's fast and the d-pad is really, really small on the
    >GC controller.

    If I remember correctly, you can use the DPad or the C-Stick for navigating the
    menu. Although, I think the C-Stick was faster than the DPad.

    PSORyna
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "PSORyna" <psoryna@aol.com> wrote in message

    > ::Wonders if Hell will freeze over and Seed will renew his Hunter's
    > License. Of course, that'll probably happen when Ethan decides to
    > become a poet and Henry gives up his wordly belongings to become
    > a monk::

    Yeah, aside from my worldly belongings there's something else I'd
    have to give up if I became a monk. ...And that ain't happenin' ;)

    Henry LaPierre
    freeza@ix.netcom.com

    > PSORyna
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    Henry "I have roots here!" LaPierre wrote:
    >Yeah, aside from my worldly belongings there's something else I'd
    >have to give up if I became a monk. ...And that ain't happenin' ;)
    >

    >Henry LaPierre
    >freeza@ix.netcom.com

    Well in addition to becoming a poet, we could have Ethan give up all of his
    wordly possessions and take a vow of "no more fist shaking or screaming." If
    that won't work, RedFox can become the monk.

    PSORyna
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "PSORyna" <psoryna@aol.com> wrote in message

    > Well in addition to becoming a poet, we could have Ethan give up all of
    his
    > wordly possessions and take a vow of "no more fist shaking or screaming."
    If
    > that won't work, RedFox can become the monk.

    That's a world only a terrifying deviant like you would want to live in
    so it will never eeeeevvvveeeer happen!!!!

    --
    All Purpose Cultural Randomness
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html

    Ethan Hammond wrote:
    >That's a world only a terrifying deviant like you would want to live in
    >so it will never eeeeevvvveeeer happen!!!!

    Just think about it, you can sit around all day praying and discussing the
    significant political issues. I'm sure you've risen above the need for such
    things as money, women, video games, and wrestling.

    PSORyna
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    psoryna@aol.com (PSORyna) wrote in message news:<20040717133739.04913.00000021@mb-m05.aol.com>...
    > Neo "The I Can't Go Back" Glacier wrote:
    > >..and I'd give them both up to have played PSO GC for all this time.
    >
    > If you want, we can give the "Get Neo Online with his GC" thing another shot.
    > I'd join you for a month or so of PSO. There is still episode 2 challenge mode
    > left and the new quest sounds interesting.

    I'd love to but I have DSL now and no adaptor. :/

    > ::Wonders if Hell will freeze over and Seed will renew his Hunter's License. Of
    > course, that'll probably happen when Ethan decides to become a poet and Henry
    > gives up his wordly belongings to become a monk::
    >
    > PSORyna
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "PSORyna" <psoryna@aol.com> wrote in message

    > >That's a world only a terrifying deviant like you would want to live in
    > >so it will never eeeeevvvveeeer happen!!!!
    >
    > Just think about it, you can sit around all day praying and discussing the
    > significant political issues. I'm sure you've risen above the need for
    such
    > things as money, women, video games, and wrestling.

    Since you lurk on every newsgroup I post too you already know
    that I haven't!!!!

    --
    All Purpose Cultural Randomness
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    Ethan Hammond wrote:
    >Since you lurk on every newsgroup I post too you already know
    >that I haven't!!!!

    Fine, so we've established that hell is not going to freeze over with your
    help. =P I guess it is time for RedFox to come through. We've always been able
    to count on RedFox's efforts afterall. That's the only way that Project Rubicon
    succeeded. =p

    PSORyna
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    Neo "Can you believe it? I upgraded!" Glacier wrote:

    >I'd love to but I have DSL now and no adaptor. :/

    Is finding a Broadband adapter hard to do in your part of the country?I
    remember seeing a lot of them around my area recently.

    PSORyna
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "PSORyna" <psoryna@aol.com> wrote

    > Henry "I have roots here!" LaPierre wrote:
    > >Yeah, aside from my worldly belongings there's something else I'd
    > >have to give up if I became a monk. ...And that ain't happenin' ;)
    > >

    > Well in addition to becoming a poet, we could have Ethan give up all of
    his
    > wordly possessions and take a vow of "no more fist shaking or screaming."
    If
    > that won't work, RedFox can become the monk.

    I have a monk in Everquest, if that helps this strange fantasy any. I'm more
    of a bard/rogue myself :P
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "PSORyna" <psoryna@aol.com> wrote

    > Ethan Hammond wrote:
    > >Since you lurk on every newsgroup I post too you already know
    > >that I haven't!!!!
    >
    > Fine, so we've established that hell is not going to freeze over with your
    > help. =P I guess it is time for RedFox to come through. We've always been
    able
    > to count on RedFox's efforts afterall. That's the only way that Project
    Rubicon
    > succeeded. =p

    That and my uncanny ability to crush every one of Ethan's PATHETIC ATTEMPTS
    at WORLD DOMINATION! *giant swings Ethan out of the ring and roars Armour
    King style*

    How could I give up the mighty giant swing?
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "RedFox" wrote

    > > Ethan Hammond wrote:
    > > >Since you lurk on every newsgroup I post too you already know
    > > >that I haven't!!!!
    > >
    > > Fine, so we've established that hell is not going to freeze over with
    your
    > > help. =P I guess it is time for RedFox to come through. We've always
    been
    > able
    > > to count on RedFox's efforts afterall. That's the only way that Project
    > Rubicon
    > > succeeded. =p
    >
    > That and my uncanny ability to crush every one of Ethan's PATHETIC
    ATTEMPTS
    > at WORLD DOMINATION! *giant swings Ethan out of the ring and roars Armour
    > King style*
    >
    > How could I give up the mighty giant swing?

    And - does GC PSO require a subscription?
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    RedFox wrote:

    >And - does GC PSO require a subscription?

    GC PSO does require you to buy a Hunter's License. However, I believe your
    first month online is free.

    PSORyna
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    RedFox wrote:
    >I have a monk in Everquest, if that helps this strange fantasy any. I'm more
    >of a bard/rogue myself :P

    That'll work. Besides myself, you* are the the only one on this group that can
    be considered noble and virtuous. =p

    PSORyna

    *Henry is excluded because he owns a XBox
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    > That'll work. Besides myself, you* are the the only one on this group that
    > can be considered noble and virtuous. =p
    >
    > PSORyna
    >
    > *Henry is excluded because he owns a XBox

    That's not the only reason I'm neither noble nor virtuous ;)

    Henry LaPierre
    freeza@ix.netcom.com
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    psoryna@aol.com (PSORyna) wrote in message news:<20040718214136.22984.00001942@mb-m07.aol.com>...
    > Neo "Can you believe it? I upgraded!" Glacier wrote:
    > >
    > >I'd love to but I have DSL now and no adaptor. :/
    >
    > Is finding a Broadband adapter hard to do in your part of the country?I
    > remember seeing a lot of them around my area recently.

    Yeah, somewhat. The nearest gamestore is literally hundreds of miles
    away (used to only be 80 or so, lol) and the Wal-Mart that is only 40
    miles away doesn't sell them. I may pick one up off ebay fairly soon.

    > PSORyna
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    Neo "I live on a traveling submarine and rise to sea level everyday at 11 pm to
    post" Glacier wrote:
    >Yeah, somewhat. The nearest gamestore is literally hundreds of miles
    >away (used to only be 80 or so, lol) and the Wal-Mart that is only 40
    >miles away doesn't sell them. I may pick one up off ebay fairly soon.

    Looking at Ebay, it seems the final prices for Gamecube Broadband Adatpers
    seems to be between $20-$30. That isn't to bad considering that mine cost me
    $40 from Gamestop.

    Are you running your DSL connection through a cheap Ethernet swtich? If not,
    you might want to pick up one of those as well. It'll help protect you computer
    and Gamecube against attackers.

    PSORyna
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    > ::Wonders if Hell will freeze over and Seed will renew his Hunter's
    License. Of
    > course, that'll probably happen when Ethan decides to become a poet and
    Henry
    > gives up his wordly belongings to become a monk::

    It still seems to be hot down here. Not as hot as it used to be though. I
    guess that means either Ethan is in the business of pansy plucking or Henry
    is no longer in the pursuit of "tulips".

    *sigline facsimile*
    ___________________
    Se (God, it starts again) ed

    *sigline facsimile*
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "RedFox" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    > That and my uncanny ability to crush every one of Ethan's PATHETIC
    ATTEMPTS
    > at WORLD DOMINATION! *giant swings Ethan out of the ring and roars Armour
    > King style*
    >
    > How could I give up the mighty giant swing?

    Armor King wishes he could do as good a giant swing as Tina
    Armstrong, but he will always be second, SECOND TO A
    WOMAN!!!! AH HA HA HA!!!! That is why Tina has a title
    belt and Armor King has nothing, NOTHING!!!! Plus when
    was the last time he was in a game? Tekken Tag I think.

    --
    All Purpose Cultural Randomness
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "neo-the yellow gigasnowball zero" <thegreatglacier@webtv.net> wrote in
    message

    > Yeah, somewhat. The nearest gamestore is literally hundreds of miles
    > away (used to only be 80 or so, lol) and the Wal-Mart that is only 40
    > miles away doesn't sell them. I may pick one up off ebay fairly soon.

    Do you live in Montana?

    --
    All Purpose Cultural Randomness
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "Seed" <seed@nonofyourdamnbusiness.org> wrote in message

    > It still seems to be hot down here. Not as hot as it used to be though.
    > guess that means either Ethan is in the business of pansy plucking or
    Henry
    > is no longer in the pursuit of "tulips".

    I'll pluck you, PLUCK YOU!!!! *SHAKES FIST*

    --
    All Purpose Cultural Randomness
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "PSORyna" <psoryna@aol.com> wrote in message

    > >Since you lurk on every newsgroup I post too you already know
    > >that I haven't!!!!
    >
    > Fine, so we've established that hell is not going to freeze over with your
    > help. =P I guess it is time for RedFox to come through. We've always been
    able
    > to count on RedFox's efforts afterall. That's the only way that Project
    Rubicon
    > succeeded. =p

    RedFox is a double agent the likes of which haven't been seen since the
    day of Counterpunch and his autobot "counterpart" Punch!!!! By
    counting on him you have already ensured my victory knave,
    INSURED IT!!!! Now shake the white flag like a good little
    Ryan!!!!

    --
    All Purpose Cultural Randomness
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "Ethan Hammond" <eshammond@worldnet.att.net> wrote

    > > That and my uncanny ability to crush every one of Ethan's PATHETIC
    > ATTEMPTS
    > > at WORLD DOMINATION! *giant swings Ethan out of the ring and roars
    Armour
    > > King style*
    > >
    > > How could I give up the mighty giant swing?
    >
    > Armor King wishes he could do as good a giant swing as Tina
    > Armstrong, but he will always be second, SECOND TO A
    > WOMAN!!!! AH HA HA HA!!!! That is why Tina has a title
    > belt and Armor King has nothing, NOTHING!!!! Plus when
    > was the last time he was in a game? Tekken Tag I think.

    You are a fool Ethan! Armour King has "finished" with Tina!
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    "RedFox" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

    > You are a fool Ethan! Armour King has "finished" with Tina!

    Oh he tried but the moment he touched her she laid the
    smackdown on his candy ass and he was coughing up
    blood just like in his Tekken 2 ending!!!!

    --
    All Purpose Cultural Randomness
    http://www.angelfire.com/tx/apcr/index.html
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    psoryna@aol.com (PSORyna) wrote in message news:<20040719150243.21388.00000120@mb-m18.aol.com>...
    > Neo "I live on a traveling submarine and rise to sea level everyday at 11 pm to
    > post" Glacier wrote:
    > >Yeah, somewhat. The nearest gamestore is literally hundreds of miles
    > >away (used to only be 80 or so, lol) and the Wal-Mart that is only 40
    > >miles away doesn't sell them. I may pick one up off ebay fairly soon.
    >
    > Looking at Ebay, it seems the final prices for Gamecube Broadband Adatpers
    > seems to be between $20-$30. That isn't to bad considering that mine cost me
    > $40 from Gamestop.

    I'll check it out but I just realized I need a keyboard as well. I'm
    not playing PSO without a KB, lol. If the KB is too much then I'll
    just wait for the next PSO to come along because I'm not gunna spend
    mass amounts of money to play PSO for a month. I know once I start PSO
    I won't wanna quit and I am doing fine right now without PSO. I'd
    rather be playing it, but I staying away from the game isn't as
    difficult as it used to be.

    > Are you running your DSL connection through a cheap Ethernet swtich? If not,
    > you might want to pick up one of those as well. It'll help protect you computer
    > and Gamecube against attackers.

    Hell, I don't know, lol. I don't think so. I just run it through the
    modem. If the modem has the ethernet switch then I guess I am, if not,
    then no.
    > PSORyna
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.phantasy-star (More info?)

    Neo wrote:
    >I'll check it out but I just realized I need a keyboard as well. I'm
    >not playing PSO without a KB, lol.

    Looking through Ebay, I saw a bunch of adapters for $10-$11. If worse comes to
    worse, I'm sure you can buy a keyboard off Seed for a very low price. =p

    If you want to put off playing PSO for a little bit, Plus is coming out
    sometime in August.

    >Hell, I don't know, lol. I don't think so. I just run it through the
    >modem. If the modem has the ethernet switch then I guess I am, if not,
    >then no.

    If you are just running the cable directly to your modem, then you probably
    don't have an Ethernet switch/router.

    PSORyna

Gamecube Video Games